• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Back from the deer hunt

washguy

Damnit I meant to tell you to save them before and I forgot, next time same the roasts they make great jerky!!!

I will hit you up next year for your recipe. I used to have mine made into everything from Garlic Sausage to venison bacon, but the older I get, the more I like the straight taste of venison.

I will hit you up next year for your recipe. I used to have mine made into everything from Garlic Sausage to venison bacon, but the older I get, the more I like the straight taste of venison.

Only thing I process is the scrap and scrifice a roast or two for jerky rest of it goes into steaks and tender loin

Only thing I process is the scrap and scrifice a roast or two for jerky rest of it goes into steaks and tender loin

Good luck on the deer stand this season Shepp. With the way the herd is up here from last winter, and another big snow, I am giving our local ones a break this year. Twenty six straight years of hunting, and twenty four straight years of bringing in venison, I don't mind.

Edited by Sisco

If this past weekend is any sign of how gun season goes it looks like I'll be getting in touch with nature cuz I'm pretty sure the deer migrated south with the ducks!

My buddies are trying to get outta the woods right now, 18-20" of snow at the cabin not what we need!

Holy crap  20" of snow....I would be calling medi vac to come heli me out....or I would be building a doe snowman decoy for the bucks :) Wash

It is time to climb down from the stand and strap on snow shoes and still hunt. The deer will be yarded up, especially if it is windy as well. Take an hour to go 300 feet, looking and waiting after every step, until you see some movement.

It is time to climb down from the stand and strap on snow shoes and still hunt. The deer will be yarded up, especially if it is windy as well. Take an hour to go 300 feet, looking and waiting after every step, until you see some movement.

Snow shoes should be here Wed, I've got images of Star Wars in my head never hunted in that much snow