• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Maple syrup, bacon, and a few Canadian DPMS AR10s

This is my fourth DPMS  AR 10,  The first three were DPMS built Remington R25s, with the FUGLY, too  soft, too easily chipped camo paint job ... which was surprisingly difficult to strip off if you tried to remove it to get back to the Black rifle hiding underneath.

toomanyguns002.jpg

The top upper in this pic was chopped and  modified with a comp ... but still too long and heavy for close, fast stuff.

TEMPPICS022-1.jpg]

This one is an LR308B, which is ALMOST exactly what I wanted. I bought it for $ 699 US $$ from IRUNGUNS, and it landed here a few weeks later at a total cost of $820 Canuck bucks.  Quite a bargain.

The buttstock is a regular A2 tube with the M14.CA butt plate and my own DIY quick change single/two point sling.  

Future upgrades will include a better trigger, a tactical scope and better mount, and building a rectangular hand guard, similar to the Badger Ordnance ones used on the Canadian military issue AR 10s.   I also want to add a comp, and am  trying to decide between creating an integral comp by milling in a couple of vertical cross slots at the muzzle, like a Miceluk, or threading the muzzle and adding a muzzle diameter extension.  

Here is a pic of my Chinese M14 in the M14.CA stock, trying to be an AR 10.  

AR10andM14.jpg

Edited by Lazerus2000

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a life, and get a sandwich.

Copyrighting a name does NOT change history or the FACTS.

The ONLY REAL AR 10s were the old ORIGINAL Armalite, Colt, and AI models as designed by Stoner.

Everything since then is NOT a REAL AR 10 ...

merely an AR 15/AR 10 HYBRID, designed to save money and add weight plus aggravation.

Trimming the tail of the bolt carrier to fit the AR 15 buffer tube ID was a mistake.

It added length and delicacy to an other wise robust design.

And adding all those undersized  AR 15 bits and pieces into already great design  was certainly a step up.

NOT!!!

But I do like the new DPMS built AR 10 like G2 models.

And the new Alberta tactical is going back to a large diameter buffer and carrier.

Get a life, and get a sandwich.

Copyrighting a name does NOT change history or the FACTS.

The ONLY REAL AR 10s were the old ORIGINAL Armalite, Colt, and AI models as designed by Stoner.

Everything since then is NOT a REAL AR 10 ...

merely an AR 15/AR 10 HYBRID, designed to save money and add weight plus aggravation.

Trimming the tail of the bolt carrier to fit the AR 15 buffer tube ID was a mistake.

It added length and delicacy to an other wise robust design.

And adding all those undersized  AR 15 bits and pieces into already great design  was certainly a step up.

NOT!!!

But I do like the new DPMS built AR 10 like G2 models.

And the new Alberta tactical is going back to a large diameter buffer and carrier.

Interesting point of view - but innacurate.  Very disappointing, coming from someone that's supposed to be such an expert, and professional...  Wow.

someone told me Canadian bacon was really just ham. if true, I'm a little disappointed. have to scratch that one off the bucket list.

Thought you would never ask!

Ham and canadian bacon are both from a hog, but ham is from the upper hind leg and canadian bacon is from the rib loin of the hog. I like ham and bacon bacon best.

if I were in Canada, saying CANADIAN bacon seems redundant. I would feel silly. I would just want to say bacon. if I ordered bacon, would I get a slice of rib ham, or would I get murican style bacon? if the former, how exactly would I order murican style bacon

Eh?

I'm smelling maple syrup, bacon, and BULLSCHIT...   

Laz 1, how many R25s do you have?...

Your DPMS rifles are not AR10s, either, no matter how you try to color it. Professional gunsmiters already know this. 

LR308B_zpsxz6q0sfo.jpg

My current DPMS AR 10/AR 15 modern hybrid.

It is a work in progress and a test bed for some prototype AR 10 parts no one else makes yet.

Notice the clamp on skeleton butt with double clamp  bolts, magpul butt pad, QR swivel and pic rail for a monopod at the bottom.  

This is the kind of stuff a RETIRED professional gunsmith with access to a full CNC shop can design and make.

Next project on my personal to do list may be an AR FREE FLOAT ultralight hand guard, with a new proprietary keymod connection design.

But unfortunately, I have to finish re-designingn the alloy replacement T97 lower to go with the highly successful T97 optic ready alloy upper with the non-reciprocating side cocking handle that is already on the market.   We just  installed and sold  500 of the T97  uppers to one of Canada's largest firearms wholesalers.

Too bad you can't get nifty things like the T97 in the US.

Do you even know what a T97 is?

I'll give you a hint ... google T97 pictures, and our railed upper will come up.

Since I retired, I design gun parts in my spare time as a hobby. And these parts  get sold to discriminating buyers in Canada and around the world.  We even ship to the US .

I have contributed lots of different gun parts designs  to the market.

So  what have you contributed to the gun community aside from bad manners and bullpoopy?.

SO,

exactly,

who is the successful gun parts designer, and who is the jealous TROLL?

HMMMmmm?

You still didn't answer the question - how many R25s do you have?  At the start of this thread, you state three?  How many do you have?

By the way, I don't need to invent a name for a buttstock adapter, claim it as mine, when I can buy it from ACE Ltd.

UL-M-1.jpg

lazz thats a hybrid?   looks like you're going for weight reduction? What does yours weigh in at?

Now here's a hybrid AR 308  that weighs in at 8 lbs 3 ounces with scope and unloaded mag

oops... make that 2    one without scope weighs 6lbs 5 ounces no scope but with mag...

image.jpg2_zpscvr66jit.jpg   

no need in developing a keymod rail these 13" ones weigh 5.5 ounces including barrel nut.

check out the hybrid ar308  bcg vs ar308  bcg

image.jpg3_zpszuct2uud.jpg   

"And the new Alberta tactical is going back to a large diameter buffer and carrier."

....well, thats azz backwards.. more reciprocating weight....more rifle movement !   :) Wash

Edited by washguy

LR308B_zpsxz6q0sfo.jpg

My current DPMS AR 10/AR 15 modern hybrid.

It is a work in progress and a test bed for some prototype AR 10 parts no one else makes yet.

Notice the clamp on skeleton butt with double clamp bolts, magpul butt pad, QR swivel and pic rail for a monopod at the bottom.

This is the kind of stuff a RETIRED professional gunsmith with access to a full CNC shop can design and make.

Next project on my personal to do list may be an AR FREE FLOAT ultralight hand guard, with a new proprietary keymod connection design.

But unfortunately, I have to finish re-designingn the alloy replacement T97 lower to go with the highly successful T97 optic ready alloy upper with the non-reciprocating side cocking handle that is already on the market. We just installed and sold 500 of the T97 uppers to one of Canada's largest firearms wholesalers.

Too bad you can't get nifty things like the T97 in the US.

Do you even know what a T97 is?

I'll give you a hint ... google T97 pictures, and our railed upper will come up.

Since I retired, I design gun parts in my spare time as a hobby. And these parts get sold to discriminating buyers in Canada and around the world. We even ship to the US .

I have contributed lots of different gun parts designs to the market.

So what have you contributed to the gun community aside from bad manners and bullpoopy?.

SO,

exactly,

who is the successful gun parts designer, and who is the jealous TROLL?

HMMMmmm?

You must have REALLY LONG ARMS for all the back patting you do for yourself. Edited by shepp

I was doing some soul searching, and I had an epiphany. when I get a sandwich, I don't feel silly asking for american cheese, so maybe it wouldn't be a big deal asking for Canadian bacon in canadia. maybe I just stressed myself out about this situation way too much. Canadian bacon is back on the bucket list! while I'm there, maybe ill be lucky enough to snatch up a rare Canadian exclusive copy of an ace stock, or one of those fancy alloy uppers because I don't like any of the 9 million guns I can walk into a gun store RIGHT NOW and buy. I just need some advice on where to purchase these valuable commodities so I'm not searching the shady underworld of the maple market.