• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Newbie with a magazine question.

Brian Ski

We were very supportive of him here, even though I don't think any of us had any idea wtf he was trying to accomplish. A few honest questions and he got ultra butthurt and left the forum 

He took a beating everywhere else. I followed some of his threads on big forums and it was brutal.

The SciFi nerd in me still thinks it looks rad. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, blue109 said:

We were very supportive of him here, even though I don't think any of us had any idea wtf he was trying to accomplish. A few honest questions and he got ultra butthurt and left the forum 

He took a beating everywhere else. I followed some of his threads on big forums and it was brutal.

The SciFi nerd in me still thinks it looks rad. 

I believe his goal was an ultra-rigid platform to launch projectiles, thereby minimizing discrepancies between shots.  I don't think it would've accomplished anything a bull barrel couldn't do.

He had a decent idea. He wanted a .308 that he could shoot like a 10/22. 

To be honest, I would've picked a different caliber... 6.5cred maybe?

i would have gone EXTREMELY lightweight in the action and controlled the gas at the gas key. Then put a JP silent spring in a PRS stock.

I would've scrapped the extra heavy barrel for a carbon fiber wrapped barrel of the same contour. It would give better heat dissipation in the long run. 

A giant, oversized, tank brake. 

Then I'd build on that monstrous chassis system. All CMV with a melonite finish, and with a full length top and bottom rail. I believe he had plans for a water cooling system and an air cooling system. That might've been a bit much... but something like JPs heat system would be nice.

add a full sized scope and mount with zero regards to weight and size.

His goal was a 25 lbs target rifle, capable of rapid long range shots. I see no reason why not. 

4 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

looks like it could of been a gun from Starship Troopers! where's the naked babes at?

I got to admit, it does look kinda cool, but so not practical if you have to carry it and shoot it from anything other than the prone or bench. haha.

He was VERY adimit about it only being a bench gun. I had said somthing to him about something and I was told "wellllll it's meant to be a bench gun"

27 minutes ago, Brian Ski said:

Well I was asking about magazines and everyone jumped on get the new guy....

Brian   Yes you did ask about magazines...but you are wrong about everyone jumping the new guy. He put forth wrong information and was corrected,but he went south like real quick...we dont jump on new guys just because of someone being a new guy....Do you really think it was just about jumping on the new guy?:

Wash

2 minutes ago, washguy said:

Brian   Yes you did ask about magazines...but you are wrong about everyone jumping the new guy. He put forth wrong information and was corrected,but he went south like real quick...we dont jump on new guys just because of someone being a new guy....Do you really think it was just about jumping on the new guy?:

Wash

More like jumped on the guy with the new guy name, whom wore out his welcome over the past 5-6 months asking question about what parts he should buy then arguing with people when he didn't like the out come of the answers and also by spewing hear say from silly you tube videos.......

then wash just destroyed it with his poop. so the whole thread got shat on. lol

So I went back and read every thread....this thread covers just about everything you ever wanted to know about mags....chevys...and shat......and someone got banned too...a perfect thread in my view   lol

Wash

43 minutes ago, washguy said:

So I went back and read every thread....this thread covers just about everything you ever wanted to know about mags....chevys...and shat......and someone got banned too...a perfect thread in my view   lol

Wash

I'm not so sure I agree about it being a perfect thread.  Even without talk about mags, chevys and scat, this one I found today is hands down the best thread on the whole internet.  https://forum.308ar.com/topic/7384-pictures-of-girls-with-guns/

I was going to go shooting today but my arms are too tired.