• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Newb from central ca.

Handyman

Accidently posted my introduction in another persons topic..

Thought drop a line a introduce myself...from central cali and going to do my first AR build. Picked up a PSA Lower from a local guy for a good price( considering the BS going on with Ca. Right now) and will be do quite a lot of research, research on parts,  parts compatibility, brands to stay away from, etc.... goal for my AR is a hunting/range, long distance shooting... have an AR15(store bought) and love it... just from reading what I've already read I have a lot to learn.. I'll try to keep the dumba$$ questions to a minimum 

•  
Edited by Handyman

The only dumbass question will be one you have but don't ask. Fire away. There's a few guys here that either know their fair share, or will help figure out anything they don't know. It's a small forum here, but the knowledge base is fairly large.

Welcome from San Diego. Good luck with the build. 

16 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Welcome from Indiana brother. The PSA in .308/7.62 has compatibility issue when mixing and matching upper/lowers. Staying with the same upper/lower will improve your chances of success .

I figured I'd stay with PSA for the upper to keep from having compatibility issues