• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I'm Blaming Y'all for This...

COBrien

I'm terrible at this "waiting for permission" thing.

I got an e-mail from PSA with last weekend's "deals." One of those was a NiB BCG (Carpenter 158, HPT, MPI) and a "premium" forged CH for $119.99. Identical parts from FA would have cost $189.90, full retail, or $170.91 with 10% off (Winter Sale). Or $161.42 for Presidents' Day.

I had originally planned to go with the FA "GI" BCG, which, with a CH, would have cost me $159.90, full retail. Or $135.92 for Presidents' Day.

Seems to me there are only a handful of manufacturers kicking out BCGs, and the FA price premium over PSA (which appears to be the exact same part...) is, IMO, kind of ridiculous.

Is my reasoning right? Or is the Fulton Armory BCG really that much better than the PSA?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, COBrien said:

This thread is seriously lacking in pics, so here goes:

Pic was posted by a user at ARFCOM (can't remember who now). After I decided to go with the ArmaLite green furniture set, I Googled "green dissipator" and found this:

Dissipator_zpsaizxk0lz.jpg

Yeah. That'll do.

That looks alot like my FUR,  but in all the same color.

But never fear, it doesn't look like that anymore.....

Had to run to the office today to make a couple of phone calls. Decided to mock up what I have so far (just lacking the BCG and Sig QRD Micro Brake).

19460A53-12CC-4A37-95B7-C5C23CFABC60_zps

After snapping the pic, I promptly broke it all back down and put it back in the totally-not-suspicious Fulton Armory box under my desk that I've managed to squeeze all my parts into.

Edited by COBrien

1 hour ago, blue109 said:

Feel your pain...I have 2 optic mounts arriving today and I'm at work. Not sure if I should waste an excuse or just give her the "i see my bank statements so you better not say a word" stare when I get home.

Hahaha good luck with that blue! You wouldnt have any dog houses do you?

3 hours ago, COBrien said:

Had to run to the office today to make a couple of phone calls. Decided to mock up what I have so far (just lacking the BCG and Sig QRD Micro Brake).

19460A53-12CC-4A37-95B7-C5C23CFABC60_zps

After snapping the pic, I promptly broke it all back down and put it back in the totally-not-suspicious Fulton Armory box under my desk that I've managed to squeeze all my parts into.

Hmm sig micro brake why preytell would you need that?? Shhhhhh?

I have 4 that can can a sig can if a sig can can shoot lead!

fortune cookie

5 hours ago, sketch said:

Hahaha good luck with that blue! You wouldnt have any dog houses do you?

Hmm sig micro brake why preytell would you need that?? Shhhhhh?

I have 4 that can can a sig can if a sig can can shoot lead!

fortune cookie

Just...erm..."thinking ahead." 

Honestly, I'd always planned a can purchase before another rifle. But with all these good deals out there, I basically couldn't afford NOT to build another rifle. 

I'll report back on how well that one works on the wife the second time around. First (and only so far) time that worked was the smokin' deal I got on my .308. 

Edited by COBrien

Got the BCG, CH, and brake in today. I have literally everything I need to build my upper. Except a blessing from SWMBO. 

I have to say, I'm impressed with this Sig QRD comp. All the pics I found online made it look HUGE and ridiculous. I threaded it onto the muzzle and it was proportional, IMO

• 2 weeks later...

So...umm... 

Before FA's winter 10% off sale ended, I ordered an LPK, rifle buffer/tube/spring, buffer tube spacer, and upper buttstock screw. 

For the upper I'm not building.

Because I don't have permission.

And I'm definitely NOT building a rifle. 

Yet. 

Edited by COBrien

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a trigger and lower away from having a rifle in a box...

I've been waiting for LaRue to put the MBTs on sale at $99.99 (as I understand they do a couple times a year), but I'm thinking (hoping?) I'll have permission and a built rifle before they go on sale again. Jumped on MidwayUSA just looking for a mil-spec trigger on the cheap, just to hold me over until I can pick up a couple of MBTs, and stumbled upon the AR-Stoner Enhanced Trigger Group for $29.99. I read the reviews and the vast majority were positive, with some mediocre and a handful of negative reviews. I figured for $30, worst case scenario I have an interesting paperweight for my desk.

Anyone have any experience with that trigger? I'm not expecting it to be much better than mil-spec, but it was priced right.

• 2 weeks later...

Well. Hell.

Just saw where LaRue is having an Easter sale. MBTs for $99 again. Ordered 4 -- 1 for my .308, 1 for the wife's AR, 1 for a friend, and 1 for this, umm, box of parts.

Right after I clicked 'Place Order' on LaRue's website, Fulton Armory sends me an e-mail about their Easter sale.15% off all receivers and barrels, and 10% off everything else.

I now have a lower on the way. I kind of hate myself right now...

Any of you Texas guys have a doghouse to rent out?