• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Remember the Boberg pistol???

http://www.bobergarms.com/

maybe you guys already knew this? Maybe you already talked about it, and I missed out on the conversation? Well it looks like Bond Arms has bought Boberg and they are releasing THEIR "BullPup" pistol. 

I have to say, I was impressed...

IMG_2324.JPGIMG_2325.JPGIMG_2326.JPG

the G10 grips were VERY comfortable in the hand. Right now the .45 ACP is not being made, making the few originals very high demand. bond says in time, if the 9mm starts moving, the 45 may see production too. 

1 hour ago, Robocop1051 said:

I'll remind y'all that is around a 3.5" barrel, in a subcompact size pistol. 

That' .5 " longer than my Officer size .45acp which is my current CC. I did replace the sights with 3 dot adjustable. An intriguing firearm no doubt.

44 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

I Gotta have two of these one for me and one for my main squeeze of 51 years

She got a nice leather purse from Santa with a special pocket to conceal a small to medium sized pistol. Her Colt.32 ACP fits nicely.

They are just up the road from you in Granbury.  You shouldbe able to get one easy.:thumbup:

28 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

Interesting feeding system , but why ? , Added moving parts to make it special ?

I also think its one fugly looking pistol . Just not my cup of coffee .

To allow the use of a longer barrel, in a more compact pistol.  Placing the ammo suppy under the breech, they can move the barrel back like 1.5" or so.

The design isn't new.  There was somebody messing around with this type of feeding system back in the birthing years of semi-automatic pistols.  Can't remember the name right now.

43 minutes ago, planeflyer21 said:

The design isn't new.  There was somebody messing around with this type of feeding system back in the birthing years of semi-automatic pistols.  Can't remember the name right now.

Geez thanks, now I'm going to spend who knows how many hours trying to figure out the name of that early pistol because I'm anal retentive! I just recently read a Firearms News article that referenced it but the name just won't come to mind......

I would give a 45 acp version some serious consideration, that extra barrel length would help the ballistics a good bit. It is ugly but then I don't open carry so who cares what it looks like.

32 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Geez thanks, now I'm going to spend who knows how many hours trying to figure out the name of that early pistol because I'm anal retentive! I just recently read a Firearms News article that referenced it but the name just won't come to mind......

I would give a 45 acp version some serious consideration, that extra barrel length would help the ballistics a good bit. It is ugly but then I don't open carry so who cares what it looks like.

Mars pistols.

4 hours ago, survivalshop said:

Interesting feeding system , but why ? , Added moving parts to make it special ?

I also think its one fugly looking pistol . Just not my cup of coffee .

To make it a true Bullpup.  They are not your Granddad's Colt 1911!, or even your uncle's CZ 75!

3 hours ago, survivalshop said:

An added inch of bbl. , to me , is not with the risk of the potential feeding issue . That's a complex design & is probably why I don't have wood over it .

Me , I like the KISS principle. 

Aren't those Officer's ACP 1911s the most finicky of any 1911 derivative?

1 hour ago, DNP said:

So you stick to revolvers? Or just single shot break barrel?

Smartazz.

He means like a .380 blowback operated. :hornet: :laffs:

1 hour ago, DNP said:

So you stick to revolvers? Or just single shot break barrel?

Compare this design to any straight slide over feed action . Look at the complexity of the feeding system on this Pistol . The 1911 style ( like 99.9% of the Pistols out there ) with its slide stripping a fresh round is an almost 100% reliable feeding system , with little moving parts .

& there is nothing wrong with carrying a Revolver .

6 minutes ago, planeflyer21 said:

Aren't those Officer's ACP 1911s the most finicky of any 1911 derivative?

I think the issues with most pistols of the 1911 type today is  ( & its not the factory design ) its because we went from a Gunsmith orientated industry on the most part , to a mass produced environment , not good for Firearms in general .