• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

HIPERFIRE

JJ109

Shot a hiperfire eclipse tigger this past weekend. My buddy and I hit the range and I shot his AR15 , then my AR15 back to back. We both have store bought AR's with 16" barrels with the real only difference is the triggers. I have a Geissele SSA-E and his gun has the hiperfire eclipse. 

I have to say i think im ready to buy one for my build after shooting this trigger:drool:. I shot 2 full mags out of his gun. The trigger is awesome. The reset is super fast. The pull is light enough to do some pretty good precision shooting but not so light where you feel unsafe with a weapon with a hair trigger. 

Any you guys have this trigger or any long term experience with them??????

Edited by JJ109

17 minutes ago, shepp said:

Shot my 24c for the first time Saturday super crisp, I had to order the x39 spring kit had a few commie primers that didn't wanna pop. 

Nice Shepp,

I like how the springs seem simple to change.

It seems to be well thought out design. Not much has changed in trigger designs in while. 

Besides the primers on some rounds not firing what do you think of the trigger? 

I was getting soft strikes on milsurp 7.62 ammo with a timney (AR15 4#)and a velocity(3#). Swapped to a hiperfire (243G) and it hasn't failed to ignite anything yet. Got a few different types of old surplus and some steel cased 308 and had no issues. Great trigger far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by blue109

While at SHOT this year, I got to play with all the big triggers;

1. Geissele - A great two stage (arguably the best TWO STAGE) trigger on the market. I found this to be a definite plus for a high recoil rifle, such as .338LM to .50BMG. I especially like how light their match triggers can be dialed down. 

2. CMC and Velocity  - let face it. These are the best "bang for buck" triggers you can get for a standard rifle. For me, these are the lowest quality triggers I'd ever buy... and they are FAR from low quality. 

3. Elftmann - not only are these triggers AMAZING the guys in their shop are real, down to earth, Joe American, good people. They have a FAR superior design to other "drop in module" trigger assemblies. Their trigger actually has a bearing around the pin to assist with the pull  these triggers are so smooth and light, it's ridiculous...

IMG_2327.JPG

They also seem to have a trigger designed for nearly every style of shooter, from service/LE up to super match...

IMG_2328.JPG

Elftmann triggers are worth the extra cost over the CMC or Velocity triggers. I also really like their trigger shoe options. All of the curved triggers have tactile lines cut across the shoe, which I found to be very comfortable and quick for finger placement.

4. Hiperfire - these guys should be in a category of their own. Having now played with their triggers... all of them... I am really blown out of the water. The Eclipse trigger is only OK though. I like what they attempted with the NiB coated trigger, but I've been turned off of NiB lately as it has been seen flaking and chipping on lots of parts. While I was talking to their staff, and the CEO who designed the trigger, I was able to introduce them to a buddy of mine who is a Metalurgist and heat treater. My buddy and I were able to convince Hiperfire to send us some trigger parts to have him do a special new heat treatment.  This new treatment could possibly eliminate the Eclipse, as it would be an unnecessary option, and greatly improve the rest of their triggers. 

As far as all their claim of heavier hammer strike... I believe their argument, but I'm not smart enough to explain why. We did tell them that if their claims are true, and they start using our new heat process to harden their hammer, they may have to upgrade firing pins next. Can't only upgrade half the equation and neglect the other. Eventually the weaker end has to give. 

Dont get me wrong I love my Geissele triggers. 

My current build of an AR only needed to shoot short range, 100 to 200yds.  Occasionally out to 300 yds that being my max. So Im looking for a faster trigger, but also being able to do some precision shooting.......

I will look into the Elftmann triggers. 

The Rough Justice has the fastest reset I have ever used , so far . I had some at the Range think I had a full auto . Though the RJ that was being sold by MechArmor is basically the same as the CMC , I would purchase another in a heart beat . 

The Elftmann is a little pricey & may be worth it , comparable to Geissele. I think the Modular FCG's have an edge over even the Great Geissele , because tolerances can be kept for Sear engagement . With AR lowers & I don't care who makes them or what caliber , the Hammer & Trigger pin holes can be a little off from Receiver to Receiver & that is not good for Sear engagement geometry , so from one Receriver to another , the performance of the engagement surfaces can be different .

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I just installed a Hiperfire Hipertouch Genesis in an AR build. It had a better  than GI spec' trigger and I tried to live with it but just couldn't. The installation wasn't difficult. I installed it with the heavy springs to give a heavier hammer strike. You might think that would also give a heavy trigger but it's just the opposite. It results in the lighter trigger. It's single stage with a bit of take up that I have to watch to see it happen, it's that light. Then the break is crisp and the reset is very short. It's a nice trigger. The average of 6 trigger breaks was 1# 8.4 ozs. Would I do it again? Yes. 

Edited by BrianK

• 1 year later...

I am using the Hiperfire Enhanced duty trigger and I now have one in my AR 15 as well. I had a CMC trigger in the LR308, their 2-stage match trigger and didn't like it, so I went with the Hiperfire Trigger and when using the lower power trigger and hammer springs the trigger pulls are right at 3-4 lbs at the top of the trigger, when using the lower flat trigger section, it went to 2-3lbs, with a clean break and crisp quick reset. 

Lots of dust on this thread but maybe it'll help someone.

I have a Hiperfire Genesis in my 300BLK and while I don't have a high round count through it yet I liked it the first time I dry fired it. I have the light springs in it to give (not a typo) the heaviest primer strike. It's a very nice trigger and mechanically  absolutely nothing like a GI trigger.

• 1 month later...