• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Free Float Hand Gaurd

estank1

Hi I am new here. Have had an AR 10 for a little over a year.  Now looking for an affordable free float hand guard that will fit my SPR MOD 2A. I am looking for one I won't have to modify the rifle much. any suggestions in the $200 range?

Prefer American made.

Edited by estank1

1 hour ago, estank1 said:

Hi I am new here. Have had an AR 10 for a little over a year.  Now looking for an affordable free float hand guard that will fit my SPR MOD 2A. I am looking for one I won't have to modify the rifle much. any suggestions in the $200 range?

Prefer American made.

Welcome to the forum feel free to tell us about yourself in the intro section.

what make is your rifle? Is it a true AR10 (armilite)? 

On 1/29/2017 at 7:41 PM, shepp said:

I see that now your original post just said AR10 I wanted to Clarify it was an armilite so there was no confusion 

Armalite yes. Really didn't want to spend more money than have to. No new gas block. Who makes one? Full size gas block now. 

On 1/26/2017 at 7:50 PM, shepp said:

Welcome to the forum feel free to tell us about yourself in the intro section.

what make is your rifle? Is it a true AR10 (armilite)?  16 " barrel 

Yes 100 yards 1" group want better affordable.

Edited by estank1

Define "better". 

Many hand guards will function the same for you. It will come down to personal preference. The look you want, the size that fits your hand, what you may want to mount on it. Many will work with your existing gas block. Sounds like you're shooting 1moa which is pretty acceptable for most shooters. 1/2moa guys typically have heavier barrels, longer barrels, and shoot premium or hand loaded ammo. If you're just looking for it to improve your grouping at 100 yards, what ammo have you tried? So many questions we ask when all you want is one simple answer. Welcome to the forum. 

Edited by DNP
Typo

If you want better, DNP is right on the money. A free float handguard might help, but there are a lot of other things to try first. 1 MOA is pretty good for a stock rifle. What optics are you using? What ammo? All these things affect accuracy.

Edited by Sisco

I think that's the goal grouping. I'm not real familiar with handgaurds compatible with AR-10, but there seem to be plenty out there for under the 200 mark. The things to watch...make sure it comes with a barrel nut, make sure it will use a wrench you already own or have access to, and make sure the length will allow you to keep the gas block you have. Low profile gas blocks can be found for $30 or less should you choose a guard that is longer-which might work better with a bipod anyways. 

Any AR10 guys run a cheap free float they can recommend for estank?