• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Coyote bait recipes

buttonbuck

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Other coyote carcasses.  :thumbup:

Leave 'em where you drop them, and they'll come around and eat each other.

Good idea we are pretty much going to follow the same modus operandi for all 'dead meat'.  We have a giant freezer to put them in plus whenever we smoke something we are going to either hang it just off the ground or tack it into the ground best we can to have somewhat of a 'frequent diner' locale for them.  The volume of dead hogs on that property once deer season ends it's staggering we just need to make it easy for them to find in a routine acreage.  Or at least that is what we are going to try we are still novices on coyotes have only shot at them when they appeared not targeted them specifically.  Reading a ton.  Thanks all.

22 minutes ago, blue109 said:

I found this listing of the most effective coyote bait

10497826-portrait-of-a-many-purebred-chihuahuas-in-front-of-white-background-Stock-Photo.jpg

This guy I know shoes horses, he was at a farm and the owner asked him if he knew anyone who wanted kittens, he said I'll take the whole box. He said they were the best bait he ever had "mew mew mew" all night long shot 6 song dogs that night.

******no kittens were hurt in this action******

• 1 month later...

I don't know if you can still do it, but you used to be able to buy the guy bags from the butcher for like $0.05 a pound. I bought pig parts that way. A slaughterhouse would surely have something like that. 

My buddy owns a duck ranch... I know how silly it sounds, but that have about 1.5 million ducks and slaughter about 40k a day... I'm likely to try getting a bag from him if I ever try to bait out here (very no-no for hunting in CA, but kinda grey zone for "predator abatement")

Back in the,1960s I hunted with a County Hunter that used cyanide guns "Getters" for coyote control. He used ground up minnows that rotted and fermented in glass jars out in the sun. He wrapped a strip of cloth around the top of the Getter and brushed the fermented bait on the top, was very effective on all kinds of varmints.