• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Anyone Own an LMT-MWS-Sharpshooter-L129A1?

m1911

Hi everyone,

I own some LaRue & LMT (Piston) AR-15's....

I NEVER shoot them anymore, and only shoot 7.62x51/.308.

I've narrowed my next Rifle down to the LMT-MWS-Sharpshooter package.....I especially like the fact that the LMT Rail is 0-MOA.....(The LaRue-OBR is 20-MOA)

Has anyone bought the entire meal-deal from LMT?  Are you happy?  I LOVE their Piston-AR...

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, Sisco said:

According to the specs that is direct gas impingement. Change your mind about that?

I realize....no biggie...

I mentioned my LMT piston AR is as nice as anything.  But the LuRues have never failed either.

That said, I'll still take an M-14 over anything anyday to save my life.

Edited by m1911

2 hours ago, m1911 said:

I realize....no biggie...

I mentioned my LMT piston AR is as nice as anything.  But the LuRues have never failed either.

That said, I'll still take an M-14 over anything anyday to save my life.

Get some time I would like to hear why. maybe put it down in our Service Rifles sub thread.

I couldn't understand why anyone would want a +20 MOA setup, until I learned it was to get "extra" adjustment in the scope.  While the scope still has the same amount of MOA/MILDOT adjustment, the +20 feature gives you a handicap benefit for longer ranges.

IIRC they were designed when the cat's meow in scopes was 45 MOA adjustment.  Now with scopes having twice that amount of adjustment, it's just heating in the leather seats.

13 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

I couldn't understand why anyone would want a +20 MOA setup, until I learned it was to get "extra" adjustment in the scope.  While the scope still has the same amount of MOA/MILDOT adjustment, the +20 feature gives you a handicap benefit for longer ranges.

IIRC they were designed when the cat's meow in scopes was 45 MOA adjustment.  Now with scopes having twice that amount of adjustment, it's just heating in the leather seats.

I understand the math behind the 20-MOA rail....and necessary at LONG ranges.....just not for my purposes.

The LaRue OBR has the ENTIRE Rail at 20-MOA....not just a screw-on section, etc.

The LMT-MWS has ZERO-MOA built-in....where the rail is parallel with the bore.

I don't need EXTRA adjustments including double-turn turrets, etc.....just doo-dads that clutter me up.

I'll never shoot any of my Rifles over 300 yards....

No need....I live in MAINE....and you can't even SEE 200 yards in any direction due to heavy wooded area, let alone SHOOT further than that.

LONG distance shooting is one of those things that doesn't interest me....whether for self-defense or sporting purposes.

I'd rather shoot steel or other objects at 100~300 yards....

POU....(Philosophy Of Use)

On 2/12/2017 at 7:53 AM, m1911 said:

Hi everyone,

I own some LaRue & LMT (Piston) AR-15's....

I NEVER shoot them anymore, and only shoot 7.62x51/.308.

I've narrowed my next Rifle down to the LMT-MWS-Sharpshooter package.....I especially like the fact that the LMT Rail is 0-MOA.....(The LaRue-OBR is 20-MOA)

Has anyone bought the entire meal-deal from LMT?  Are you happy?  I LOVE their Piston-AR...

Thanks!

7 hours ago, m1911 said:

I understand the math behind the 20-MOA rail....and necessary at LONG ranges.....just not for my purposes.

The LaRue OBR has the ENTIRE Rail at 20-MOA....not just a screw-on section, etc.

The LMT-MWS has ZERO-MOA built-in....where the rail is parallel with the bore.

I don't need EXTRA adjustments including double-turn turrets, etc.....just doo-dads that clutter me up.

I'll never shoot any of my Rifles over 300 yards....

1 hour ago, m1911 said:

No need....I live in MAINE....and you can't even SEE 200 yards in any direction due to heavy wooded area, let alone SHOOT further than that.

LONG distance shooting is one of those things that doesn't interest me....whether for self-defense or sporting purposes.

I'd rather shoot steel or other objects at 100~300 yards....

POU....(Philosophy Of Use)

Your contradicting yourself all over the place here buddy?!? LOVE their piston guns yet you select a DI gun?

Don't want dudads Or shoot over 300 yards yet you ask about a scope that costs more than a lot of great guns here 

then you say you don't ever shoot your ar15's above, yet in the show off your ar15 thread you say "I love my kids I still shoot them I'd never sell them".

What's the deal dude? 

2 hours ago, shepp said:

Your contradicting yourself all over the place here buddy?!? LOVE their piston guns yet you select a DI gun?

Don't want dudads Or shoot over 300 yards yet you ask about a scope that costs more than a lot of great guns here 

then you say you don't ever shoot your ar15's above, yet in the show off your ar15 thread you say "I love my kids I still shoot them I'd never sell them".

What's the deal dude? 

It's not that complicated....

I was asked in other threads to post some guns....

1). The LaRue's are wonderful firearms....I just don't prefer 5.56 and rarely shoot them.  However they are so nice I will NEVER sell them....Is that OK with you?

2). The Quality of the LMT-AR is also great.....it just happens to be a PISTON-AR......that's all....I probably shouldn't have mentioned that part.  I'm sure I'd be equally happy with an LMT-NON-Piston-AR-15.

3).  I prefer 30-Caliber and LOVE my M14's as stated.  

4). For a DIFFERENT flavor, and in ADDITION to the Rifles I already own, I think I'd like to own a .308-AR.

5).  The Rifle I have my eye on is the LMT-MWS-Sharpshooter package....but I'm sure I could be extremely happy if I went with the LaRue OBR or PredatOBR instead.

6).   In either case, I THINK I want a Schmidt & Bender 1.5x8-Short-Dot for any 308-AR I purchase.

7).  I would NEVER shoot this further than 300 yards.

8).  I'm not a "Tactical-Operator" and I don't compete in shooting sports, etc. 

9).  I'm just an older guy that likes nice firearms and plink on Saturday afternoons.

10).  Is that clear and/or meet your approval?  I apologize if it doesn't.

As a moderator, feel free to kick me out of here though.  Just thought it might be a good forum for me.

Guess I was wrong....

Edited by m1911

31 minutes ago, m1911 said:

It's not that complicated....

I was asked in other threads to post some guns....

1). The LaRue's are wonderful firearms....I just don't prefer 5.56 and rarely shoot them.  However they are so nice I will NEVER sell them....Is that OK with you?

2). The Quality of the LMT-AR is also great.....it just happens to be a PISTON-AR......that's all....I probably shouldn't have mentioned that part.  I'm sure I'd be equally happy with an LMT-NON-Piston-AR-15.

3).  I prefer 30-Caliber and LOVE my M14's as stated.  

4). For a DIFFERENT flavor, and in ADDITION to the Rifles I already own, I think I'd like to own a .308-AR.

5).  The Rifle I have my eye on is the LMT-MWS-Sharpshooter package....but I'm sure I could be extremely happy if I went with the LaRue OBR or PredatOBR instead.

6).   In either case, I THINK I want a Schmidt & Bender 1.5x8-Short-Dot for any 308-AR I purchase.

7).  I would NEVER shoot this further than 300 yards.

8).  I'm not a "Tactical-Operator" and I don't compete in shooting sports, etc. 

9).  I'm just an older guy that likes nice firearms and plink on Saturday afternoons.

10).  Is that clear and/or meet your approval?  I apologize if it doesn't.

As a moderator, feel free to kick me out of here though.  Just thought it might be a good forum for me.

Guess I was wrong....

Just trying to clear some things up, you've yet to do anything I would consider booting you for.  I like nice things too thing, we all do I could buy a lot of them for those prices lol