• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Weekend Safety Brief

98Z5V

4 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

I think I'll offer this for our monthly safety briefing. It's far more informative than telling us "We always face forward when walking up stairs." (yes, that is the type of idiocy our safety gurus tell us.)

I work for a small company so our safety meetings are "don't be a fucking idiot" buddy of mine I went to tech school with works for a large union shop. He tells me about All their stupid meetings and other micromanagement BS. My reply usually is "I'm so happy I work for a small shop"

3 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

When I ran crews on construction projects we held the "safety meeting " in the motel after work, I brought  the beer , it was BYOJ for the smokers. They were usually very productive meetings . :cool:

Some guys I used to hang out with from Chicago used to say "going for a safety meeting" or if they were gonna spark one up and offering for anyone they'd yell "safety meeting". I still to this day chuckle when I'm in a Walmart and hear them call for their morning safety meeting over the PA 

33 minutes ago, shepp said:

Some guys I used to hang out with from Chicago used to say "going for a safety meeting" or if they were gonna spark one up and offering for anyone they'd yell "safety meeting". I still to this day chuckle when I'm in a Walmart and hear them call for their morning safety meeting over the PA 

Safety first!:banana:

I used to love the the initial safety brief when you went to a new assignment in the Army, they would always go over the places that were off limits. Never guess where I headed first:evil:, saved me lots of trial and error looking for the fun!:thumbup:

or me as an apprentice standing on top of my so to be ol'lady;s Dodge Duster to put on some gutters.:evil: or stacking gang boxes on top of one another and reaching over the edge of the roof at a Dominic's to get material up. or the other stupid $hit I've done in my career to get the job done. I don't feel right if I haven't violated at least one rule a day. Not to mention the $hit I've done with boom lifts and scissor lifts that they were not designed to do, but they did it. Thank fully I've never blown a hydro line on one of those fukers.

Edited by unforgiven