• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail?

imschur

Im waiting on my Carrier weight system from Superior Shooting since they only sent me one out of three pieces when they first shipped it.  I am also waiting on an SR Gold trigger from PACT Inc, you have one don't you Drew?  I ordered it the 14th and haven't seen or heard anything except for the initial receipt and I have emailed and tried calling to see when it might possibly be shipped and haven't gotten an answer.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you need?

A whole bunch of that green stuff.... :D

I currently have a stripped upper and lower, a charging handle and soon a BCG.  That's about it on the .308 build so far, already around $1200 into it.  Waiting on more cash, or deals that can't be passed up.  I'll probably pick up the rest of the parts to finish out the upper/lower next month.

From stuff like that ^^^ with DPMS, from several different forum accounts of the long waits, that's the reason I went Fulton on the BCG and barrel.  They had the sale in Feb, I ordered on a Friday night, and had the stuff on the following Tuesday.  All things considered, I'm damn glad I went that route, too. That barrel shoots!  ;D

Still waiting on the right barrel deal to come along.  Not 100% sure which way I want to go with it.  Should have ordered from Fulton when they were on sale...but, something else will come up.  Gun HAS to be done by Sept for a little trip I'm going on.  We'll see what happens.

Still waiting on JSE to bill me for the BCG I ordered.  I checked the status today and it claims to be in progress...that's it.  They supposedly had 2 in stock when I ordered, but it's looking like they might have been bluffing.  All of this time is making me reconsider the choice on the Chrome DPMS...and possibly spend a little more to go with the JP low mass setup(which is also on back-order).  I have an email in to JP and if they say the dates aren't too far off, I'm going to cancel the DPMS. 

...but the good news, tax refunds got deposited and I might get to add a little to the "waiting on" list <munch>

I know there's others out there, and Fulton's is the same...it's a DPMS.  The only reason I went JSE was because the pricetag was $250.  $289 from Fulton IIRC.  I can't do anything with it yet, so I'm probably not in a hurry...I'm just impatient. :o

Editing to add....Thanks for the heads up on JP, I'm guessing I'll be in the same boat with giving up, but while I wait on the first one I guess it won't hurt to make a few calls.

i ended up with all the parts to assemble my own. I think it cost me $400. Before I could assemble it i sold it to a guy who needed it to complete his build. Im a sucker for a sob story. Anyhow it worked out in my favor that FA had gotten theirs in like a week later. It only cost me $349

I've now got most of a gun on the way - building up a 16" midlength gas AR-15 the the Little Woman's birthday next week (cutting it close!).

Parts on hand already:  Spike's stripped lower from Mega Machine, Magpul MOE grip and trigger guard, 7 x 30-rd windowed PMags.  Troy TRX Extreme 13" rail, Surefire M951 weapon light, Knight's vertical pistol grip, and Aimpoint QRP mount. 

Already shipping, and due to me on the 13th:  Aero Precision stripped upper, Magpul MOE stock and complete carbine stock hardware, Magpul front sight, Armalite 16" midlength barrel and midlength gas tube.

Just ordered this morning: Timberwolf Tactical SS LPK, crush washer, YHM lo-pro gas block, forward assist assembly, ejection port door assembly, Gunfighter charging handle (large). 

Haven't received a shipping notice on this stuff yet, but it should ship today hopefully.  The planned red dot for it is a Bushnell Trophy, and I couldn't find the right Magpul rear sight online at a decent price - I've got a local guy that I can pick that up from, so I'll get that purchased early next week.  Her B-Day is the 17th, so I hope all the stuff gets here in time.  It'll suck for me if it doesn't.  All the Magpul stuff is Foliage.

EDIT - Hmmm...  Don't ya know.  I wanted the BCM standard midlength barrel, but they sold out of the thing last month.  I hit the email notification for stocking on that, and wasn't gonna hold my breath that it would be back in stock in time.  I ordered the Armalite barrel yesterday as a suitable replacement, and I get the email from Bravo Company this morning that the barrel is back in stock today...  >:(

Us Anodizing - If figure a month and its only been a week. Victor said they could turn around a stripped upper pretty quick but if you added parts that require a different process it slows things down. Its funny I thought the Larue FFHG would be the long wait.

Nothing that exciting, but to answer the top question, trinkets mostly lately.  Now that I have a gun bench, I'm slowly stocking it.  Got the shop light at Lowe's last night, and will install today.  I have on order from Brownells:

3 pack 4oz. poptop solvent bottles

1000 ct cleaning patches

RPM cleaning mat (16x54)

Sinclair AR-10 link

Sinclair O-Ring Rod Guide for the 7.62

5 pack O-ring replacements

I've had a .308 barrel wrench on order from DPMS for a while now but they were backlogged big time. I was notified today that they were in stock again and would be shipped sometime this week. Rather than pay the cost of a new stock ( i don't like how short the A2 is) I decided to buy a 1" stock extension kit from them. I also asked them just to ship it with my old order, and asked to maybe get a freebie ball-cap outta the deal as well. We'll see how it turns out...

A2 stock is short?  Dude, you're like an orangutan or something, right?  Loooooong arms?  :o

Just kidding, man - that stock is about as long as a "stock" stock gets, but you gotta be "lanky."  ;D