• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail?

imschur

My Troy Battle Sights showed up today. Jeez that was a lot of money for a few tiny pieces of aluminum <laughs>

Drew, can you grab a measurement off that little monster for me?  I'm trying to find out what it's max height over the rail is, mounted but folded down - I need to find a rear sight that is going to clear a rail-mounted scope at the back.  That would be much appreciated, man, as I don't think the Magpul MBUS is gonna clear.  <thumbsup>

I'm kinda undecided about whether or not to install the VTAC before I start doing my comparisons with the match ammo. Any thoughts?

Depends on whether you want to use any of your previous shooting (pre-free float) in the match ammo comparisons.  If you want to use that stuff, keep the rifle the same.  Whatever you come up with in the match ammo discoveries will only get better once the FF tube is on there.  However, if you're using none of the previous range time, install the tube now and it'll have whatever effect it has, on the match comparo.  That's the route I'd take, anyway...  ;D

Friday, UPS says they're giving me this - Wilson/Nordic 16" midlength barrel, 1/8 twist, .223 Wylde chamber.

nordic%20_barrel-1.jpg

They were supposed to be giving me this, too, but the beast was outta stock...  Shotgun barrel clamp with pic rail...

BCT-XX-12-00.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on whether you want to use any of your previous shooting (pre-free float) in the match ammo comparisons.  If you want to use that stuff, keep the rifle the same.  Whatever you come up with in the match ammo discoveries will only get better once the FF tube is on there.  However, if you're using none of the previous range time, install the tube now and it'll have whatever effect it has, on the match comparo.  That's the route I'd take, anyway...  ;D

I'm pretty much gonna disregard all the results of the break-in, as it was just cheap crap that served more to break the gun in and get me some valuable range time breaking bad habits. I guess I'll hold onto the good stuff till my claw comes in and I get the tube on the gun. Maybe shoot some Walmart special ammo in the mean time....

Bump...  ;D  Whenever, man.  Absolutely no rush whatsoever.  I'm sure you'll be able to grab a measurement before my rail gets here in 6 weeks...  :o <lmao>

EDIT - Disregard the bump, Drew - I found an exact picture of the exact setup I was wondering about, and the Magpul sight will fit under fine.  I'm good man.  <thumbsup>  I guess I can add this scope and mount to the list of things "on order or in the mail," too.  ;D

Before the pic, though, I must say I found an excellent one-piece scope mount resource.  I think I've seen this before, but couldn't remember exactly.  Hell, I probably DID see it before, somewhere on this board.  :o

http://www.maxicon.com/guns/optics/one_piece/ar15_onepiece_mounts.htm

Now, the scope and mount - Millett DMS-1 in a Burris PEPR:

post-71-13629726338_thumb.jpg

Maybe this will help  <munch>

Dagnabbit!!! There's no way I can sit here and look at precision scope mounts and shoot cheap ammo this weekend. Looks like I'm gonna have to order some more match ammo, and do pre and post FFT install ammo comparisons. This way I get to do more shooting  ;D

Did i mention I have a Young NM bolt carrier on the way?  <munch>

I wasn't aware they made those for .308s...  What the hell are you building now?  <dontknow> <lmao>

You're just as much afflicted as the rest of us.  <laughs>

• 2 weeks later...

My JP VTAC hand guard for the latest m308 is on the way . It was a strange deal & I posted about it on another forum .

Basically , I ordered it over four weeks ago & finally sent them an email about its progress & got a very quick response & that was they were having manufacturing difficulties making the DPMS type bbl. nut & it would be another 4-5 week wait . Well, I posted at the other forum about there response & low & behold got a shipping notice the next day. Go figure !

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I ordered 8 boxes of .308 for some comparisons. I ordered:

4 boxes of Federal GMM in 168gr

2 boxes of Bitterroot Valley w/ SMK in 168gr

2 boxes of Bitterroot Valley w/ A-MAX in 168gr

Total cost + shipping for 160 rounds of Match Grade .308: $178.77

Average cost per round (before shipping): $0.71

I am going to have an absolute blast at the range on the weekend!!!

Heavy Buffer and spring from Heavy buffers, Also and Ops Inc muzzle break 12th model from ADCO. My Lower parts seem to all be here. I am putting on an EMOD instead of a UBR since I had one laying around. Waiting for some more dollars to flow for my Rail and BCG.

• 2 weeks later...

I pick up my JD Machine lower from their shop tomorrow, but I'll still be waiting for the Titan Upper, LPK, and buffer/spring for an A2 stock from Fulton Armory.

I'm just going to recycle my A2 stock on this build until I decide on an adjustable stock.

I'm in CA, so I need to get a magazine lock, anyone know if one from an AR15 will work?

I finally got notice that my stripped upper and lower are at the FFL, so I'll make plans to get there by the end of the week and pick them up.  Complete build should/could be finished by Sunday.  ;D

I have a matched upper/lower set coming from Kaiser Military Technologies. Looks like I may be building two .308's at the same time. I'm thinking about putting the DPMS upper on the Bridgeport and trying to make it match the POF lower better. If I'm happy with the results I'll use it to build one gun and the Kaiser set to build another.