• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from East Texas

MrPaul

Hoping to learn a lot. There seems to be lots of very knowledgeable folks on here. I've built a ton of smaller frame rifles but I'm kind of a newb to the large frame platform.  I've built a few of them but they are all simple. All of my large frame builds so far have Dpms compatible upper and lower with jp drive trains.  I would like to learn about other brands and components. 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

That's a badass rifle, man - great job on that!  :thumbup:

Thanx.  Smaller, lighter, and out shoots my scar 17 by a mile....and it doesn't eat scopes.  We'll see how the warrhogg lower holds up. Its got about 600 rounds through it with no issues so far.

A big howdy how y'all to everyone.

Edited by MrPaul

Like a dingo in a nursery.  1 leupold mark 4 twice and 1 vortex razor hd once. The turrets would just stop working on the leupold and the razor got to the point where it wouldn't hold its zero. It now sits with an eotech on it.  Both companies have great customer service and fixed them but I'm lost as to what to put on it.  Thinking maybe an swfa 3x15 ffp.  They claim to be rated for 50 cal.

On 7/19/2017 at 11:04 PM, 98Z5V said:

:laffs::lmao:

That sucks with that rifle- but that statement was funny as hell!!!  

From what I understand, thats pretty much par for the course for the scar 17. The moral of the story is... If you like your scope...don't put it on your scar heavy.  The bcg is big and heavy.  When it slams forward it screws up your scope.