• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Which Sig ?

survivalshop

25 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

I'd go with the 320. Any specific caliber you're wanting?

Probably stick with 9mm , they had all the popular ones , but I didn't want to spend a grand on a Pistol , they had a couple rifles for more then that that I liked , not bad prices ether , actually surprised me . . Nothing but new in this new shop , talk about AR's , very large wall with all kinds of manufacturers & shapes sizes & calibers , fuking candy store , I was in there almost an Hour .

They had a FDE Large Frame Aero Receiver set with matching Hand Guard that almost had my name on it , no BCG or BBL.

Edited by survivalshop

I had a SP2022 in 40 S & W or also 357 Sig if I wanted to buy an extra barrel. It was okay, pretty accurate, but had a plastic gun trigger which I didn't like. After I got my FNX 45 I traded it in on a Taurus 44 mag, which in turn was traded in on a Kimber Ultra Carry II. I never really got attached to the SP 2022 and holsters except for Fobus kydex ones are hard to find. I think my LGS guy still has mine for sale on Gunbroker. It did have nice tritium night sights. Between the SP2022 and the 320 it boils down to if you want an exposed hammer or not. I like an exposed hammer some people don't. Didn't Hemi win a SP2022 in a drawing a couple of years ago?

Edited by Sisco

8 hours ago, Rsquared said:

So when are you getting it? 

Still thinking about it , its not like I need another Large Frame rifle or another Hand Gun , for that matter , they even have a 6.5 SS BBL. there , I think its a 20" , but could be wrong about the length.

8 hours ago, Sisco said:

I had a SP2022 in 40 S & W or also 357 Sig if I wanted to buy an extra barrel. It was okay, pretty accurate, but had a plastic gun trigger which I didn't like. After I got my FNX 45 I traded it in on a Taurus 44 mag, which in turn was traded in on a Kimber Ultra Carry II. I never really got attached to the SP 2022 and holsters except for Fobus kydex ones are hard to find. I think my LGS guy still has mine for sale on Gunbroker. It did have nice tritium night sights. Between the SP2022 and the 320 it boils down to if you want an exposed hammer or not. I like an exposed hammer some people don't. Didn't Hemi win a SP2022 in a drawing a couple of years ago?

Since I bought my first XDM , I like no hammer , don't have any issue with them. I think the 320 , with its ability to change grips/frames  & Calibers , sounds like the winner winner chicken dinner :laffs:

Edited by survivalshop

While I don't own the P320 (yet) I acquired a grip module to see if I could reverse engineer one. With the pending release of the X5 320 grips, I wanted to look into a few options:

1. Can the grip be made in aluminum, with grip scales (1911 style?)

2. Can the grip be modified to utilize a cheaper, more abundant, magazine... Glock mags in a 320???

the nice part about the 320 and all the 80% frames, I don't have to waste a bunch of $$$ chopping up real pistols. I'd really like to come up with a 320/timberwolf hybrid. 

4 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

While I don't own the P320 (yet) I acquired a grip module to see if I could reverse engineer one. With the pending release of the X5 320 grips, I wanted to look into a few options:

1. Can the grip be made in aluminum, with grip scales (1911 style?)

2. Can the grip be modified to utilize a cheaper, more abundant, magazine... Glock mags in a 320???

the nice part about the 320 and all the 80% frames, I don't have to waste a bunch of $$$ chopping up real pistols. I'd really like to come up with a 320/timberwolf hybrid. 

Their Grips are only $ 35 , not really cheap if your going to cut a few up & screw up some on the way & they are not FFL item . I think its crazy cool idea now that I have one & can make different Pistol sizes & a couple different calibers .

5 hours ago, MLC said:

Nicely done! When are you headed to the range?

I'm going out of town & have to wait till I get back .

5 hours ago, EngrBob said:

The trouble with FDE here in the desert is that if you lay it down on the ground you will never find the damn thing again. :lmao:

Well , its jungle down here & if you set down any color of anything , you can lose it .:laffs:

Edited by survivalshop