• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A*B Arms Urban Sniper Stock (USS)

Robocop1051

awabauss_alt2.jpg

(Seen on top, installed on my new .308)

Craig “Sawman” Sawyer took my rifles out to play a few days ago. He and I both got a chance to play with this new-ish stock. It installs on a Mil-spec carbine receiver extension. It uses an Allen set screw to fix to a specific slot. I set it for the same length I would normally extend a stock to. With the push of a button, the spring loaded butt pad  automatically extends about 2 inches out. This length can be adjusted by the user with fixed settings . A cheek piece also adjusts (in a similar manner as the Magpul PRS). 

For a combat rifle, I don’t need a fully collapsing stock. This stock allows me to quickly transition from a combat/mobile stance, down to a comfortable prone position,  with the simple push of a button. It also has QD attachment points for sling mounts  

Of course I put the extra pad on it. It’s a decent pad, and does exactly what it’s supposed to do. There’s a picatinny rail at the 6 o’clock, for attaching a monopod... even one of those magazine storage grips, if that’s your flavor.

I haven’t noticed any fragility issues yet. It seems to be made from better than “Chinese-Hasbro” plastic. Bonus points is that AB Arms stands for “American Built”. That’s damned near reason enough to buy it. 

• lightweight, lighter than lots of collapsing stocks and almost every fixed stock I can think of. 

• sturdy “enough”. It doesn’t feel like a Magpul product (who we have to admit is the king of the industry) but it feels better than an SI and about par with a MFT. 

• value is decent. I think I got the whole set-up for about $75-$80. Not the cheapest option out there, but the PRS and UBR are still demanding over $200. 

• features are amazing! I don’t think there’s a stock that offers more, in such a light package, for such an affordable price. 

If if I made one change to the stock... I’d change the set screw to an adjustment button. Being able to collapse is great for storage. If being able to store/transport was a primary necessity, then I would just add a LAW tactical folding stock adapter and call it a win. 

• 4 months later...
On 11/10/2017 at 10:05 AM, guruofhotrod said:

Nice! @Rorbcop1051, Do you think that would fall under the "fixed stock" definition for us here in cali?

Sorry, I just saw this post. I am not a lawyer, so I don’t give legal advice. 

It is identified as a “fixed stock”. It does however adjust in length with the push of a button....???

is it worth risking? Are there other options out there? For me, it’s not worth arguing with Ofc She-Bitch and Judge IDGAF. 

What I absolutely love about this stock (it being lightweight aside) was having a preset stock, set to my exact LOP for a standing shot. Then with the push of a button, the stock gives me about 1.5” extra length for a prone shot. 

If I want “compact” I’ll put a LAW folder on it.