• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Aero Precision Service Edition runs...

98Z5V

These are sweet - AP knocked it outta the park.  As much as I don't want to say it, the Air Force one is the baddest of the bunch here...

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/veterans-day-2017.html?sc_src=email_2462733&sc_lid=139276789&sc_uid=djONP5e7of&sc_llid=90640&utm_source=Emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Holiday+Sales+-+Veteran's+Day+Military+Builder+Sets+(GENERAL)2017-11-10+20%3A11%3A00&sc_eh=43b8238c5b3a6fbe1

Look at that AF M4E1 setup... That thing is sweet!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this. I'm gonna see if I can talk my stepdad into one of these. He's been thinking about building an AR for a while now. I actually prefer the Navy version myself. Just wish it would have had a battleships prow and guns coming at you on the side opposite the anchor.

I sent him the link before I started typing. Just got off the phone with him, sounds like he wants to go for the Army version of the M5E1! Ha Ha! That was quick! Only thing is he and my Mom seem to think it's going to be inexpensive..........they said can we do it for $800? I said it might cost a little more than that :liar:

I'm gonna send him a list of other parts to order and try to keep it reasonable. Maybe I should start a build thread for this rifle? I told him to get this builder set now but to wait for the Black Friday sales to pick up everything else.

So not to destroy this thread but if anyone has any suggestions on how to build this thing feel free. I'm excited to put this thing together for him!

I'm thinking: 

Ballistic Advantage Hanson w/cheap mil spec flash hider

FDE furniture

NiB BCG because easy to clean is nice

Decent trigger

Vortex Spitfire AR (I have one and dig it)

I'll go through my stuff I may have a few small parts he can have to keep the cost down

This is basically all on me I just suggest the parts and he'll order them he is not going to want to research this and become a 308AR nut like us. He just wants to shoot it! 

army-m5-sets.jpg

apcs308017-m5e1-builder-set-em15-army-3_2.jpg

apcs308018-m5e1-builder-set-ek15-army-4_1_1.jpg

Edited by AMERIKINSHIP

4 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Honestly my QPQ BCG's are just as easy to clean as my NiB BCG and doesn't have the wear marks after a pile of rounds.

Yep.  :thumbup:  I wouldn't hesitate to get a Nitrated BCG, in the least.  Black nitride, nitrated, QPQ, and any of the other names for it.  They're typlically a little less expensive than NiB, as well. 

Toolcraft is VERY solid.  Toolcraft is the manufacturer for ALOT of the OEM AR makers, and has been for a very long time. You cannot go wrong there.  I'd also say DWilson BCGs, but those are no longer available to the public.  We need to find out where those are going now, who picked those up...

2 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Dave added a pin and weld service for muzzle devices but otherwise even the parts kit are gone now, lost a good source there.

Unbelievable source.  What Dave did, no one else in this industry ever offered us...   :thumbup:

He wants a regular old non-telescoping black standard butt stock with black accoutrements. And he also wants a 16" barrel? I mean all rifles are pretty much awesome to me but this thing is going to look kinda funny IMO. I'm almost wondering should I try to talk him into a Black M5E1 set from SchuylerArms for $305 shipped. Oh well his rifle.

It's just I'm supposed to be the "expert" ha ha, and I'm having a hard time just saying yeah that'll look sweet! I look at that army builder set and it screams put some FDE parts on me!

MagPul MOE Fixed Carbine Stock.  See if you can sell him on that one, in black, of course.

Or, an A1 stock, which will be shiny black plastic.  Not an A2 stock setup, unless he's unusually large - A2 on a 308 platform is quite the length-of-pull... 

MAG-480-3.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Fuk...

Throw a no-shiit A2 stock on it for that big MFer...  He needs it...   :embarrassed:

.308AR rifle-length recoil components will be mandatory, for that setup. I'd still recommend the Armalite EA1095 spring for it, but make sure you get a .308-based rifle buffer, and not an AR15 -based rifle buffer...

Edited by 98Z5V

13 minutes ago, AMERIKINSHIP said:

Make sure that A2 buttstock kit includes the 5/8" A2 buttstock spacer, and the longer vented buttstock screw for the A2 stock.  I don't see that in their description, but you need to call them and make sure -you need those parts.  If they're selling that as a "kit," then those are parts that should DEFINITELY be included in their "kit." 

Smack that ass before it smacks you... You can't put together a functional rifle without those parts...  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been needing to work on my Gun Pusher's Yamaha side by side.  He was having a reverse issue.  It's been some crazy weekends around here, and we've missed linking up for about the past month or more - he's been so damn busy that he couldn't make it out for the Fall Shoot.  So, on both accounts, we've been busy...

Yesterday, since I'd been putting it off, I finally prioritized it and hit him up.  Early in the AM, I sent him a text that said "Drive that damn Yamaha to the shop today, and I'll fix that reverse issue..."  He responds with an "OK!", then minutes later, "I'm gonna be late this morning - the Yam is BURIED in my garage..."   :laffs:

I swing into the shop later in the afternoon, and the damn Yamaha isn't there.  Oh well, I hit him up...

So, when this Service Edition builders sets hit the news, he text me right away, "DID YOU SEE THESE?!!?" Hell yeah, man, I damn sure did... I told him the AF one was the baddest looking...

When HE saw them, he called his Aero rep right away  - these things were damn near sold out in the first 4 minutes after the email notification from Aero...  :embarrassed:  Last week, he sends me a pic - the only thing he could grab was the Air Force one in 308, he says...

Now, on to yesterday...  I walk in, and he says, "You need to see this..." and pushes a big-ish Aero Precision box over the counter to me.  Ooooh buddy, I KNOW what this is!!!  I'd been wanting to see that P51 paint on the 308, BAD!!!  I open the box...

And it's the damn Army builders set in 5.56...   Motherfucker AMBUSHED ME!!!  As soon as I opened that box, I was hooked...  and he says, "I don't do lay-away, but I'll do it for you..."   Bastard...  :lmao:

I threw some money on it yesterday, and I'll chip away at it, and bring it home.  I don't know what the hell I'm gonna build with it, but it will be awesome...  

After he closed the shop, I finally fixed his reverse issue in that Yamaha, at his house...   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V