• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Aero Precision Service Edition runs...

98Z5V

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geissele Hi-Speed National Match (Match spring set) is in it already.  Odin Works 6.5G black nitrided BCG arrived.  Gun Pusher calls me this morning while I'm at work.  He says, "I've got a customer that needs me to order up a Ballistic Advantage barrel, and I KNOW you need a barrel..."  That bastard...  :laffs:

I told him to go ahead and throw this one in his cart and just get it coming already...

http://ballisticadvantage.com/18-inch-65-grendel-spr-rifle-ss-premium-barrel.html

My last experience with the BA match series SPR profile barrel is on the Mod 1, and ho-lee shee-it do I like that barrel!  VERY impressive results with it.  I figured I can't go wrong with another one of their match series SPR-profiled barrels. 

image.thumb.png.32f37c0f5d2c284ee885ad2531380588.png

image.thumb.png.9e51cc4b207604eb9d90230e5cee4bac.png

• 2 weeks later...

More baby steps.  Gun Pusher didn't get the BA barrel order out, due to more incoming barrel orders - he's stuck.  I ordered the Faxon Match Gunner barrel in the meantime - which was always a plan.  See, originally, the plan was to fit the SPR-profile barrel to this one, and get the Faxon Gunner barrel eventually, and build a lighter-weight full-on Grendel for Kim.  Well, THAT ain't happening now...

Anyway, here we are, in shooting configuration.  I snatched that $79 deal on the Bushnell AR 1~4 scope, had a spare PA extended 30mm mount, and we can shoot this thing now.  Alexander Arms E-Lander 17-rd Grendel mags are on the way.  As soon as LaRue has more of those mags in stock (2 wks), I'll get 5 more of them, and the LT-158 mount in 30mm, then finally pick up another PA 4~14 scope for this thing.  I've got two slings from Jacob and one of them is going on this - when I get the sling mounts sorted out. Only at that point, will it be "finished."  Until then, though, it's "shootable" now.  :thumbup:

P1060007.thumb.JPG.6b379965199ac10a1055206209e44249.JPG

Just now, survivalshop said:

Try it with Gloves on , they give some .

Honestly gloves make it worse for me, they are sticker than my hands alone and remove the feel. I suppose I could use some cheap jersey gloves that slide easier but hat will just lead to other issues when manipulating the weapon.

Text from Gun Pusher this morning...

(Picture of a carboard box was sent)  "I think that's a 6.5 barrel..."

My response:

"Oh Damn.  I will bring you a stack of green dollar bills.  Let me go count the stack of ones, the stripper money..."

Sure enough, he had the Ballistic Advantage SPR barrel.  Guess what I just installed, and just removed... then I installed another one...

6.5 Grendel Mk 12 SPR profile, heavy stainless, rifle gas, measured out a 0.100" gas port diameter.

P1060016.thumb.JPG.70522a94b40bb903e8f8293a237649f7.JPG

P1060020.thumb.JPG.e7921906f346ff363c57e7b74337518a.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V

9 hours ago, survivalshop said:

Hope you don't mind , I posted this in the Gas Port pinned Thread.

How does the Rifle feel with the Heavier Barrel on it now ?     

No worries on the port diameter info - good that it's there. 

There's a definite difference in it now - that BA barrel is about a pound heavier than the Faxon barrel.  26.88 ounces (1.68 lbs) for the Faxon, and the Ballistic Advantage is 39.3 ounces (2.45 lbs).  You can definitely feel the weight difference.  That BA barrel will stay in this rifle, for sure.  That Faxon barrel will turn into a lighter-weight hunting rig.  Just what I need - more of them...   :laffs:

Faxon Firearms 6.5 Grendel gas port info: Match Series- 18" Gunner, 6.5 Grendel, 416-R, 5R, Nitride, Nickel Teflon Extension - Gas Port diameter = 0.077".

Edited by 98Z5V

• 3 weeks later...

So Aero Precision just released a Service Edition builder set for the 5th branch of the service - the US Coast Guard.  I gotta say, I loved that Air Force set, and this one is a close runner up.  This looks damn good.  :thumbup:

apcs100244-m4e1-builder-set-em15-coast-g

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e1-em15-coast-guard-builder-set.html