• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another old Marine checking in

Ph0t0n

I was pissed when they made me turn in my 14 for the 16. Back then it was a piece of poop, the round still is IMHO. Couple it with something like the .308/7.62 and the technology available today and I think it makes a pretty effective short, to mid range firearm. As always YMMV.:cool: Eight years in the suck, S/N 2502006, 68-76. Whilst I didn't like the years, I loved most of the minutes. Just starting a new build, based on the DPMS G1 pattern. Should be fun, I will have questions, hopefully someone will have answers and enlighten me and remove the shadow of ignorance, from my mostly empty brain housing group.

Thank you and all who sail in you.:thumbup:

10 hours ago, Ph0t0n said:

I was pissed when they made me turn in my 14 for the 16. Back then it was a piece of poop, the round still is IMHO. Couple it with something like the .308/7.62 and the technology available today and I think it makes a pretty effective short, to mid range firearm. As always YMMV.:cool: Eight years in the suck, S/N 2502006, 68-76. Whilst I didn't like the years, I loved most of the minutes. Just starting a new build, based on the DPMS G1 pattern. Should be fun, I will have questions, hopefully someone will have answers and enlighten me and remove the shadow of ignorance, from my mostly empty brain housing group.

Thank you and all who sail in you.:thumbup:

Well maybe you will feel more at home here. I am an old brown shoe Marine that traded my US rifle M1 Cal 30 for a M14 7.62 NATO and the Matel M16 was just an Army pop gun when I left active duty. I never had one except I did order a Sterling 5.66 Stamped metal rifle and kept it as a Demo when I was in the gun selling fixing busness in 1980, didn't like it and sold it to a young hippie.  I only have been in the DPMS Oracle  LR308 crowd for 4 years, kinda like it, been studying it and doing some mods on it,  new trigger, charging handle, ETC.  using my Arkansas stones and 400 grit emery cloth to polish out some rough places,  but I also bought a Springfield M1A NM rifle,  First new one I have ever bought.  I have scoped both of them. Didn't have any trouble from the DPMS after I found out it needed to be lubed up really good.

Hang with these  guys, they are good.