• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A Millenial Job Interview

98Z5V

If you think all kids are like that you are sadly mistaken. Some sure, but other kids are out there working like hell to get jobs, my kid is one of them. so please don't be making blanket assumptions. If only there were more good jobs for them to look for, which there is not. Robotics, job exports and companies hiding dollars overseas, have cut into decent paying jobs, leaving Baristas, waiters and things like that. Plus we need to start training welders, machine shop work, and things like that at a younger age. College is overpriced and in a lot of ways overrated.

5 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

I don’t think that’s the way he meant it, just that this covers a large portion of the age group. I had one millennial tell me on a traffic stop he was going to be a millionaire by 30. Had no job, no education past high school and was 26. Off to a good start 

Yeah you’re right. Unfortunately there is a lot of that around. Was in my generation too. 

12 hours ago, Sisco said:

If you think all kids are like that you are sadly mistaken. Some sure, but other kids are out there working like hell to get jobs, my kid is one of them.

In every generation, there is a distribution of talent in the younger ones. Many years ago I was commander of a CAP squadron. You could always tell the cadets who were going to excel in life, as opposed to the ones who were going to end up underneath a bridge. I think all of us here do the best we can to exhort our children to excel regardless of their peers.

Obviously, the girl portrayed in the video is stereotypical of those who end up underneath a bridge when mommy and daddy cut them off.

Edited by mineralman55

1 hour ago, ARTrooper said:

Technically I am a millennial. :embarrassed:

45 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Me too, but ask anybody who has met me if I fit the mold....

If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it brother. :thumbup:

Yep my point exactly. Surprising how many of my friends are millenials rather then old farts like myself. They rail against the entitlement children as much as any one.

On 1/14/2018 at 6:21 PM, Sisco said:

If you think all kids are like that you are sadly mistaken. Some sure, but other kids are out there working like hell to get jobs, my kid is one of them. so please don't be making blanket assumptions. If only there were more good jobs for them to look for, which there is not. Robotics, job exports and companies hiding dollars overseas, have cut into decent paying jobs, leaving Baristas, waiters and things like that. Plus we need to start training welders, machine shop work, and things like that at a younger age. College is overpriced and in a lot of ways overrated.

I didn't mean it like that, that all kids today are worthless. But I also think you have to give your kids responsibilities as children so they can understand how to be a productive member of society. I raised my daughter to have chores and to be responsible and now she is at Texas State playing softball with a full scholarship and working. Congrats to you as it seems you've raised your kids to me responsible and have a good work ethic. Unfortunately,a lot of parents today do everything for they're kids and then wonder why they have issues with them later.

• 2 months later...