Can't wait to see you there!

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/11/2018 at 9:09 PM, 98Z5V said:

I like how Ray pussied out, and immediately called out "no bolts" in his shiit.

Just pick the CALIBER, Big Boy...   :hail:

Tom, I suggested this because I thought this is a 308AR , as in THREE OH EIGHT caliber site????!!!!! I read about the "Thousand Yard Milk Jug Challenge" somewhere and thought it would be a fun thing for us to try with the AR type 308s. Are you just butthurt because it wasn't YOUR idea??? Lmao!!!!

Edited by suzukiray
So Tom doesn't lose his shiit!!

23 minutes ago, DNP said:

Were you bringing pellets too?  Or do you have a request for flavor?

Dirk, I will be bringing 3 or 4 of the Santa Maria marinade briskets also, probably a couple of pork loin roasts too. That pork I got last year turned out pretty damn good!

I've spent 8 years building this shoot into what it is.  I think it "started" in 2011, when I saw a post from Greg, that said he'd be in AZ during the summer. I says, "Where you gonna be, brother, where at in AZ?" He says, "Small place in the middle of nowhere - you wouldn't know where it is..."

Haha!  It was 30 miles from where I was!!!  That was the first "shoot" on this board.  :thumbup::hail:

The next year, pretty sure it was 2012, he was coming back to AZ again, so we planned it out.  We got Rob down here, Mikedaddy, Planeflyer (Jon), and we had a riot.  I brought several people withe me that I knew from the SV community - it was a "real" 308AR.com shoot, and it was badass...

By 2013, I'd relocated to the Phx area, and we were doing group shoots in Marana and the Casa Grande area - we got Larry involved, got him over from NM,  and we saw his son Josh OFF to Marine Corps Boot Camp, and we had another shoot once he'd done his time and was out...  4 years later...

With what I've done to get shoots together, and make them better year after year - it's gotten pretty big, on the order of an annual event.  (It's really twice a year, if the slackers would show up to the Spring Shoot...)

This has became a tradition, but it's more of a "tradition of mentalities..."  It's way bigger than one person, and it's not about one person - it's about the collective, the group.  It's about the gathering of the mentalities.  And a damn good time. Once one person tried to drive a wedge in that - when one person thinks that they're gonna change all that...  that one person cannot change it.  That one person can't stop it, it make it something other than it was derived from, or molded from.  Not gonna happen.  When one person disrupts it to a point that it's no longer fun - that one person will be driven from it. 

I will not stand back and look at this, host people into my own house prior to, and do what i've done in order to have one person try to come in here and break it all down.  That will not happen. 

I'll give you the shirt off my back, if you need it. I'll go get another shirt for you, too, so you can change, if you asked nicely and were sincere, and you needed it.  I'll do whatever it takes to help someone out. 

I'll only get slapped in the face so many times, though, before I slap you back.  and when I do, it's gonna be way more than a slap.  I'm gonna take your head off.

You don't come into something that I have built, and try to break it down.  You don't come into my house, and demand I build your gun - when I've already shown you where all the gun-building tools are  - but I didn't get to it when you thought I should.

This has never been a problem before, but it's turning into one.  Let's give the first occurance a pass, last year. It's starting to turn into that again, and that's not gonna happen.  Nope, no way, no how.  I will either mitigate the issue, or I will eliminate the issue, because that issue is NOT going to affect, in any way, the camaraderie and good times that thing shoot brings.  This is about a gathering of friends, it always will be, and it will never change...

Thus endeth the sermon. 

Edited by 98Z5V

Ray, what you don't understand here, in the very least- I BUILT THIS, with my friends.  My desire to hang out with like-minded people has never changed.   Maybe the perfect piece of land is in Kentucky, somewhere - we haven't found that yet.  What we have found, with my friends, is that we have some serious fucking resources here in AZ - and we've used them previously. 

This isn't about ME, fucker.  This is about MY FRIENDS.  I'm lucky enough to have access to enough land that me and MY FRIENDS can do what the fuk ever we want out here?  Are you kidding me?  It's a God Send.  The fact that I can get MY FRIENDS to come out here and hang out with me, for a semi-extended period of time?  Fuk, I learned that duning, when I met Dirk and Dusty in 2004...  You make the time to hang out with your friends, when it's important, and when it's not so important.  If it matter to you, you make the time, and you GATHER.

You come waltzing in here, from days past - and you think personal details about someone means "joke."  That's not always the case, and I hope you learn that.  I don't think you have yet, and I don't know if you ever will - but I hope you do learn that.  You don't slam someone out of whatever-the-fuk it is that drives you, then say, "just kidding, joke..."  That's not a joke.  You don't insult the shiit out of people, and say "Haha!  Just joking..." 

You don't bully your way into something that's been built up, and think you can bring it all to your - YOUR - level, just because you got invited in one time.  This has been years in the making.  You don't get into something ONE TIME, and think you fucking OWN it.  You don't. I built this tradition with my friends, from the ground up  Greg and I have turned this from a 2-person chance-contact, into a damn tradition... You don't get to come in here and tell me - or any of us - how it's going to go.  You don't get to use personal information to insult people, then run away laughing, saying "Just joking..."

You well know I'd had it about 10 years ago.  You don't come into this camp, acting like an a$shole, being an A$shole, or doing anything other than "wanting to be with friends."  That's all we're here for, and I'm not going to have some a$shole trying to break that down.

I hope you take that to heart.  I've known you since 2006, and you haven't listened to me yet, though.

Edited by 98Z5V