• Visit Sportsmans Guide

2018 308AR.com Fall Shoot Info

Matt.Cross
Message added by Matt.Cross

Shoot dates are now confirmed.

Oct. 18th-21st 

Can't wait to see you there!

8 hours ago, shepp said:

Seeing how we’re less than a month away @blue109 what days you coming? 

With that said how bout a final roll call? 

Here's where we were on Sept 4th:

On 9/4/2018 at 7:56 PM, 98Z5V said:

Updated for quoting:

1. ME - I live here.  I'm here all the time.

2. Matt Cross. 17 Oct arrival.

3 & 4. Ron R-Squared and daughter.  17 Oct arrival.

5.  ROB.  He decided to make his flight in for the 18th, so he'll arrive sometime while we're out there already shooting.  I don't know what I'n gonna do with him, but I don't need to count him into the Wednesday night grill-cooking, due to his time management skills...   :banana:

6.  Greg/GREG.  Arrives 17 Oct.  I don't know which one will show up at the airport, but I know which one I'll find around the grill that night...   :laffs:

7. mrraley - will arrive 17 Oct.  Will fly out 22 Oct

8. DNP - heading straight for the secret location.  Likely arrival on the 17th.  Getting the trailer fixed up right now and still working on the wife who doesn't want to come out and be neglected all weekend. Things are about to get interesting for us financially, so who knows at this point.  Glad I already bought ammo.

9. Ray. 17 Oct arrival

10. Neal 18th late afternoon, maybe I can do another impromptu trip to the airport....

11/12.  Ron and Susan.  Arrival unknown at this time, but arrival well respected...   :hail:

Current headcount and arrival - copy that, and add your own information in a quote, so others know what's up.  :thumbup:

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. ME - I live here.  I'm here all the time.

2. Matt Cross. 17 Oct arrival.

3 & 4. Ron R-Squared and daughter.  17 Oct arrival.

5.  ROB.  He decided to make his flight in for the 18th, so he'll arrive sometime while we're out there already shooting.  I don't know what I'n gonna do with him, but I don't need to count him into the Wednesday night grill-cooking, due to his time management skills...   :banana:

6.  Greg/GREG.  Arrives 17 Oct.  I don't know which one will show up at the airport, but I know which one I'll find around the grill that night...   :laffs:

7. mrraley - will arrive 17 Oct.  Will fly out 22 Oct

8. DNP - heading straight for the secret location.  Likely arrival on the 17th.  Getting the trailer fixed up right now and still working on the wife who doesn't want to come out and be neglected all weekend. Things are about to get interesting for us financially, so who knows at this point.  Glad I already bought ammo.

9. Ray. 17 Oct arrival

10. Neal 18th late afternoon, maybe I can do another impromptu trip to the airport....

11/12.  Ron and Susan.  Arrival unknown at this time, but arrival well respected...

13. Larry. Friday the 19th only (day trip)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jrtmasp said:

I'm a definite now but rely on my wife and her flight benefits to book which happens 24 hours prior for standby.  I'm going for the 17th and leaving on the 21st. Times are still up in the air. 

Lemme know, brother - I'll get you picked up at the airport!!!   :thumbup:

With a week or so to do our shopping...what do we know we need?

targets, target stands-what's the plan?

I have one steel IPSC and maybe a tree if I can sneak it away.  The place I got the targets is right down the street, so I can always pick up a few others if anyone else wants something 

do we want to try something different for stands, or are we going to do T-Post and chains again. If so...who has t-posts and how many do we need?  

24 minutes ago, DNP said:

With a week or so to do our shopping...what do we know we need?

targets, target stands-what's the plan?

I have one steel IPSC and maybe a tree if I can sneak it away.  The place I got the targets is right down the street, so I can always pick up a few others if anyone else wants something 

do we want to try something different for stands, or are we going to do T-Post and chains again. If so...who has t-posts and how many do we need?  

I have t-posts covered, in spades.  In anyone wants to get more t-posts, they're like $6.  GET 6ft T-POSTS.  5s suck, and it's a bitch to get to 7s with the driver...  The more the merrier.  They're the best out here, by far.  Bring 550 cord - parachute cord.  If everyone brings a 100-ft coil of that stuff, we're set. Eye bolts and springs and nuts and washers - we can grab at Ace hardware on Wednesday.  Matt and I will do a shopping run. 

12" sections of chain.  Everyone bring a couple, if you're driving.  Don't fly with that shiit, flyers - just attracts attention, and questions get asked.  If you, as a flyer, feel you need to bring it, when they ask you...   Tell them it's a sex toy...  :laffs:

The chain-to-target is key - the 550 cord makes up the difference.

Motherfuckers that SHOOT the 550 cord and drop the target - get to walk out there and set it back up again.  This time.

@DNP if you pick up another couple of those IPSC plates, I'll take them.  We need more at distance - I have two of them now.  I owe you so much already, but I'll have cash-in-hand for those bastards when you arrive.  Fuk me, I owe Rob like $400, too.... 

Edited by 98Z5V

I can get more 6footers. I can get more chain as well. 2 foot sections?  Good chain is pricey, but takes hits better.  I'll be thinking up some other options as well. 

Never mind. I re-read. 12" sections. 

Edited by DNP

8 minutes ago, DNP said:

We know what we're doing...at some point we'll cash in and walk away with firearms.  

I need you to sign my NFA Trust, as well, while you're here...  :thumbup:  Everything is on it. All of it. Even the "Stack O' Kimbers..." You need a say, when it comes down to settling all this business...

You know, when you fuckers outlive me...

Right now, it's just Matt.  He can't have everything...  :laffs:

It's inevitable - you fuckers are younger than me. Don't be sad.  Have a say.  (The REALLY OLD fuckers here are gonna have a problem with me saying "I'm old...."  :lmao:)   But then again, you never know... I'm 10ft tall, three rows of teeth, two coats of hair, and I'm bulletproof!  You fuckers better put me on your documents, too - It might go that way. I'll be 90, and have 3,500 fucking guns...   :banana:

11 hours ago, Dane Armory said:

Spray paint !

Orange 

Red

Yellow

White

10 hours ago, DNP said:

Gonna skip the tape this year?

the Rustoleum Paint/Primer in one works great. 

:lmao:

I've got fresh, new cans of flat white, and flat brightass yellow.