• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Here is what people do around here when they NEED to waterski

dpete

I saw a girl in a bikini in the yahara off the belt line in Madison today idk if she got off the boat to pee or what but that water temp couldn’t have been much more that 55-60*, bet her nips looked like pencil erasers

13 minutes ago, shepp said:

but that water temp couldn’t have been much more that 55-60*,

That's "ice cream headache" cold, right there.  I did alot of water work in the Puget Sound, and the year-round surface temp was 52~54 degrees.  It sucks when you get in, but you gotta get used to it fast.  That was always in an 8mm wetsuit, too.  Thick fucker.

12 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

That's "ice cream headache" cold, right there.  I did alot of water work in the Puget Sound, and the year-round surface temp was 52~54 degrees.  It sucks when you get in, but you gotta get used to it fast.  That was always in an 8mm wetsuit, too.  Thick fucker.

“Glass cutters”

Most of the lakes up here are still totally ice covered!  The smaller ones are opening up but most will take another week, the big ones probably closer to two.  The surface temp. of the open water in that picture couldn't have been more than 33-35* with all that ice around.

4 minutes ago, dpete said:

Most of the lakes up here are still totally ice covered!  The smaller ones are opening up but most will take another week, the big ones probably closer to two.  The surface temp. of the open water in that picture couldn't have been more than 33-35* with all that ice around.

There used to be a crew that would ski the rock river down here at the outlet of lake koshkonong in January feb, same temps one time it would freeze right would be a week of sub zero nights. They were always in neoprean suits with just their face exposed. 

2014 I shot a wedding on Madeleine island in superior, no ice on the lake but in the bay were a ton of bergs. This lady let here 9-10 year old son walk 50-75 yards off shore on these bergs. People were telling her to get him in and she’s like hehe boys will be boys.  I went out there and said you understand he takes one miss step he’s dead right? She looks at me ? what, I said that water is 34-35 degrees his 80# body goes in he’ll never come back up those bergs will close he’s gone. She blew me off like I was an asshole (which I am lol) but seriously how stupid can you be?!?

11 hours ago, dpete said:

Send all those lakes down here for the day, just today, and I'll ship them all back tomorrow,fully thawed.     :laffs:

It's going to be 102 here today...

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Send all those lakes down here for the day, just today, and I'll ship them all back tomorrow,fully thawed.     :laffs:

78 here today it was 80 last week, to hot for me to soon, we went from winter to summer in a week

15 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I don't doubt it. It was 91 in my part of the beautiful San Diego.  I really don't like the heat. Makes thinking about moving to AZ a bit of a problem for me. 

On 5/5/2018 at 9:15 AM, shepp said:

78 here today it was 80 last week, to hot for me to soon, we went from winter to summer in a week

same here im already brown in one week by may 1st  is almost un herd of. usually end of may im adjusted for heat! gdam that algore tippin the planet! 

On 5/6/2018 at 12:50 AM, DNP said:

I don't doubt it. It was 91 in my part of the beautiful San Diego.  I really don't like the heat. Makes thinking about moving to AZ a bit of a problem for me. 

Heat? WTF is heat??

On 5/4/2018 at 8:51 PM, dpete said:

Not me or taken by me.  Sent in to a local TV station.   Yes that is waterskiing between two huge sheets of ice on a lake.

16691694_G.jpg

Must be Wisconsin, if it was da Yoop, you'd see an ice shanty or a guy sitting on a bucket waving at the skier going by.