• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hey

jpick507

Joined a while back, haven’t yet stopped in to say hello... 

Been a hectic few months, just moved from GA to Charlotte NC and am starting to get settled. 

I’ve been tinkering with AR’s for years and about 2 years ago got into the large frame LR/AR’s with a Tactical Machining lower and an 18.5” Fulton Armory upper (which I absolutely love).

After making that rig my night time predator/hog gun for a while, I became tired of lugging a 14 lb gun... and have since moved to a 6.5 Grendel.  Which is going to be hard to beat out.

Over that time, off and on, Ive still pursued a lighter accurate rig and am in process with completion of an Aero Precision upper/lower stripped combo I picked up over a year ago...

ive gone through some trial and error on setup for and now have finally committed to the 18” rifle length gas system nitrided SS Criterion barrel. 

Ie: I just lapped the face of the barrel extension and bedded the barrel / barrel extension with gasket sealer this past weekend... so -> committed. 

Hah.

It will be a bit before I have a range report but I’ll look forward to getting back with more of the previous process as well as how this one shoots. 

• 1 month later...