shepp

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Cliff R said:

Whipped up some fish chowder this morning, makes a good hearty meal this time of year.  It's a very simple recipe and you can vary it according to what you have available.  I used a couple of Walleye fillets we had leftover from Tuesday nights dinner.

IMG_2361.jpg

I AM IN!!!   :banana:   Damn, that looks delicious, and I LOVE some chowder!   I'll find some time in the next couple crazy weekends, and do this one, for sure - Thank you, Cliff!!!   :hail:

Thanks guys! 

It got wiped out yesterday so will have to make another batch next week.

It's a super easy recipe for sure and one can vary it a bit according to what you have available. 

I make a variant of it when I have fresh oysters.  I leave out the potatoes and the carrots but pretty much the same otherwise. 

Can't emphasize enough to NOT boil the soup after you add the milk, it will curdle for sure and it changes the flavor as well.......

• 7 months later...

I want to share my favorite Indian coffee recipe. Indian Espresso Coffee made without an espresso machine.
Ingredients:
Instant Coffee Powder - 1 tbsp.
Granulated Sugar - 2 tbsp. (alter according to your taste)
Milk - 1 cup (240 ml)
Water - 1 tsp.
Cocoa Powder - To sprinkle on top (optional)

Instructions
In a coffee mug, put instant coffee powder and sugar. Add 1 tsp. water and mix.
With a spoon, start beating the mix vigorously. You have to incorporate as much air as you can. That will give you the whipped frothy coffee-sugar mix. The more you beat, the mix will become pale in color. Make sure your mix is whipped and creamy enough.
Heat a cup of milk and pour it over the whipped coffee-sugar paste. Stir. Sprinkle cocoa powder and serve immediately.
Of, course who have a coffee machine - it would be easier to prepare.

Notes:
To make more than 1 cup, prepare the coffee-sugar paste in a bowl. Divide the pasta equally into each coffee mug and pour hot milk. Stir and serve.

• 3 weeks later...

Summer fave/ camping fav mom always made in a foil pack, I make in an alm tray

One small head of cabbage quartered, potatoes cubed, few carrots 1/4” chunks, 1/2 onion sliced root to tip, 6-8 mush rooms chunked. Salt pepper garlic, 1 stick of butter chunked and one ring of smoked sausage or keibasa sliced grill med heat (350-425) 45 min covered then uncovered 15 more min or till carrots are tender 

4EBE50E0-E33D-4496-B579-2E4964310708.jpeg

97708F16-7AF5-46A6-B4F9-BAE665FD90C5.jpeg

E8586D4C-53BC-4AC2-BFBE-EA9ADD0C2E25.jpeg

Edited by shepp

• 1 year later...

D6A09244-16E8-4022-8D28-2A9F6D0D631A.thumb.jpeg.ac5e31169151df22b482153ea94c8bfc.jpegCreole chicken stew tonight  I follow my wife’s Mawmaw’s recipe:

2 onion chopped 

3 stalks of celery chopped 

one red bell pepper chopped

1/2cup flour

1/2cup olive oil

4 boneless chicken breasts

Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning to taste

5 bay leaves 

Fresh ground black pepper to taste

1-tsp sea salt more to taste if needed

1-tbs minced garlic 

heaping palmful of parsley flakes

chicken broth 

I mix the flour and oil in the pot thoroughly with a wisk before turning on the heat to prevent my roux from lumping up. Turn the heat on to medium and keep stirring until the roux is roughly the color of peanut butter then add in the chopped vegetables and turn the heat down to high-simmer and let that go until the vegetables soften up stirring occasionally. Once the vegetables are soft add the chicken and get it mostly cook throughout, at this point I add the seasonings. Once the chicken is cooked throughout I add the chicken broth to cover everything and let it simmer until all the vegetables and chicken are tender and the seasonings have gotten mixed into everything. As with most ever sauce type dish in south Louisiana serve it on the rice of your choice.

On 11/6/2022 at 6:32 PM, JMJ said:

D6A09244-16E8-4022-8D28-2A9F6D0D631A.thumb.jpeg.ac5e31169151df22b482153ea94c8bfc.jpegCreole chicken stew tonight  I follow my wife’s Mawmaw’s recipe:

2 onion chopped 

3 stalks of celery chopped 

one red bell pepper chopped

1/2cup flour

1/2cup olive oil

4 boneless chicken breasts

Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning to taste

5 bay leaves 

Fresh ground black pepper to taste

1-tsp sea salt more to taste if needed

1-tbs minced garlic 

heaping palmful of parsley flakes

chicken broth 

I mix the flour and oil in the pot thoroughly with a wisk before turning on the heat to prevent my roux from lumping up. Turn the heat on to medium and keep stirring until the roux is roughly the color of peanut butter then add in the chopped vegetables and turn the heat down to high-simmer and let that go until the vegetables soften up stirring occasionally. Once the vegetables are soft add the chicken and get it mostly cook throughout, at this point I add the seasonings. Once the chicken is cooked throughout I add the chicken broth to cover everything and let it simmer until all the vegetables and chicken are tender and the seasonings have gotten mixed into everything. As with most ever sauce type dish in south Louisiana serve it on the rice of your choice.

Ooooooooooh I’m gonna have to try this!!