shepp

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going down to the store to pick up the stuff for this right now...   Seriously...

EDIT - Oh Dear Lord...   I can't wait for this to cool a little...   This is dinner, all by itself...

P1060855.thumb.JPG.a1ddeab668c733a0dc76ec60880c78c9.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V

Here’s another one, it’s my take on “Cuban rice and beans” @392heminut ‘s wife may beg to differ but I’m a yankee what do I know 

1 can black beans

fill the can up with water, stir up to get the stuff off the bottom dump in pot

1can pinto beans (half drained)

Couple small cans of green chili’s 

1 pound pulled pork (my ex’s sister used smoked sausage instead and her hubby is Cuban) 

put it all in a pot and let simmer add more water if needed let simmer 

after simmering awhile taste and season if needed (chipotle powder, Goya “the petfect seasoning”, garlic powder are some things I add) 

also if the liquid is to thin I’ll add some corn flower to thicken it a touch 

serve over white rice and top with cheese, sour cream, chorizo, avacados and or salsa verde. Or eat as is 

CE910C6F-E211-416B-B148-A92E81CAEAFD.jpeg

080B1995-BE72-4119-9F65-859E16204E69.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, mrmackc said:

DAMMIT, now I gotta scroll back till I find the recipe, Maybe I can do a search to make it sooner than later!

Mac, I went back and found the recipe for you.

Quick recipe: 2 Lbs. deboned thin sliced chicken, 1 cup black beans, 4 oz chopped roasted green chiles, 2 oz Adobo, or if powdered, 2 table spoons adobo seasoning. 1/4 tsp ground chipotle pepper,  1 tsp Tajin Classico seasoning, 2tbsp red chile powder, 1/2 chopped onion, 1 lb good(and I mean good) quality chorizo sausage. 1/2 cup of Mexican crumbling cheese and 1/2 cup of melting(quesadilla cheese), and 1/4 cup of Mexican crème, you can use half and half if you want.

Chop up onion and brown onion, chicken, chorizo and green chiles. in a skillet, while adding seasonings. When browned, add beans(drain if canned beans)and mix in beans and crumbling cheese and crème.

At this point I taste test and add more seasonings if needed. Often I will also add a small can of El Pato salsa  or else add some Valentina salsa picante if I think it needs it. But you have to be careful it doesnt get too soupy.

Layer quesadilla cheese over the top and pop the skillet in the oven for 30-40 minutes at 350F.

Put a corn tostada in the bottom of a bowl add the Choripollo and break up another tostada over it., or use some tortilla chips.

the wife likes to add a splash of sour cream or plain yogurt on top of it, and chop up some fresh red cabbage to mix in with it, which helps if there is too much liquid.

My wife is addicted to it. She asks me to make it about once a week. I have started making a double batch and refrigerating left overs for lunches or freezing it for a quick meal. 

If you try it let me know how it works out.

On 2/5/2019 at 2:25 PM, Sisco said:

Quick recipe: 2 Lbs. deboned thin sliced chicken, 1 cup black beans, 4 oz chopped roasted green chiles, 2 oz Adobo, or if powdered, 2 table spoons adobo seasoning. 1/4 tsp ground chipotle pepper,  1 tsp Tajin Classico seasoning, 2tbsp red chile powder, 1/2 chopped onion, 1 lb good(and I mean good) quality chorizo sausage. 1/2 cup of Mexican crumbling cheese and 1/2 cup of melting(quesadilla cheese), and 1/4 cup of Mexican crème, you can use half and half if you want.

Chop up onion and brown onion, chicken, chorizo and green chiles. in a skillet, while adding seasonings. When browned, add beans(drain if canned beans)and mix in beans and crumbling cheese and crème.

At this point I taste test and add more seasonings if needed. Often I will also add a small can of El Pato salsa  or else add some Valentina salsa picante if I think it needs it. But you have to be careful it doesnt get too soupy.

Layer quesadilla cheese over the top and pop the skillet in the oven for 30-40 minutes at 350F.

Put a corn tostada in the bottom of a bowl add the Choripollo and break up another tostada over it., or use some tortilla chips.

the wife likes to add a splash of sour cream or plain yogurt on top of it, and chop up some fresh red cabbage to mix in with it, which helps if there is too much liquid.

My wife is addicted to it. She asks me to make it about once a week. I have started making a double batch and refrigerating left overs for lunches or freezing it for a quick meal. 

On 2/5/2019 at 2:25 PM, Sisco said:

You are a friend in deed!