• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lucas Gun Oil

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still use mobil 1 for deep clean and remoil aerosol for range touchup. They are both cheap and easy. 

One of my rifles that hasnt been used in a long time and had the 98 mystery oil liberally applied seemed a little gummy when I pulled it out recently. Anyone else  experience that? It was somewhat sticky or filmy. Maybe I didnt get all the old oil off and they mixed poorly or maybe it got dusty. Just thought it was odd. I stripped it down and re-lubed it. 

Breakfree CLP . No grease on AR except for bolt lugs on a new assembly. I like 98's Earl on the rings , that I feel would make a better seal. For a dumb Sheet metal worker I have learned a $hit ton here. Always learning more. I save the grease for semi auto pistol slide rails, Garand.

Edited by unforgiven
It burned when I peed

Why not use grease on an AR?  whenever I have used anything else.....CLP, Weaponshield, Lucas, ect.....they all have seemed do either dry up during storage or after only a few hundred (around 500 or so) rounds. With my switching to high temp brake grease, all this has went away.

Asking a question, not challenging.

Edited by bubbas4570
spelling correction

5 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

Why not use grease on an AR?  whenever I have used anything else.....CLP, Weaponshield, Lucas, ect.....they all have seemed do either dry up during storage or after only a few hundred (around 500 or so) rounds. With my switching to high temp brake grease, all this has went away.

Asking a question, not challenging.

It's called mantainence and that's not something you do once a year.

Grease will cause you a lot of problems depending upon the environment you are in.

In the service you learn to clean your weapon before anything else happens,period.

On 1/6/2019 at 2:55 PM, suzukiray said:

Shepp, we ran Amsoil full synthetic 2 stroke oil at 100 to 1 ratio in the road race bikes with ZERO wear or issues. Wasn't aware they make gun oil now.

I’m firm on amsoil too, in the stunt bikes they’d starve for oil, we got picked up by them and a lot of issues went away. At one point my buddy had a buddy had a 30 gal drum in his garage. 

I still run my “toys” on amsoil 

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/other-products/firearms-products/firearm-cleaner-and-protectant/

On 1/6/2019 at 4:35 PM, Ravenworks said:

I mostly use the stuff the Marine corps gave me in 1980

Break free for my M16 and 1911 with a little grease on the rails.

The key to ANY WEAPON  is mantainence.

When I was a M60 guy, I cleaned my gun in the shower with scalding hot water and dish soap.

Well it’s 2019.......I like my guns too but I usually use soap to lube my gun not my rifle