• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Magpul D-50 7.62x51/.308 Win Mag

EugeneStoner

6 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

I wonder how easy they are to load. already costly and heavy. I think you would be better off putting two 40 round mags together, but that's just me. Still cool and it gets points for badassery. 

Yeah, I'm not necessarily sure what to think about these either. The cost and weight do seem to make them a pretty specialized magazine.  Cool/badassery factor?  Gottahaveit!

21 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

In a Designated Marksman role from a fixed, static position, I could see these being very beneficial.  I can see these things getting into a few overseas deployments.

Excellent insight 98Z5V, I hadn't thought of this particular use case either but it makes alot of sense.  I think that it's fair to say that it is irresponsible to not have at least one of these 50 cap mags.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I never bought one, I have three of the 223 drums. I wanted one at first but the 223 ones are a pain in the ass to load for an old guy and I figured it would weigh a ton loaded. also one of my drums has broke inside. I bought several 25 rounders for what I would have paid for it. They would probably be neat in a full auto bipod mounted gun, but I don't have one. But variety is the spice of life and we all have different taste.