• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR-10 FDE quad rail

6 hours ago, RUSTYCOLT1860 said:

I'm brand new to this forum. I have a diamondback firearms AR-10 and it has the keymod handgaurd.

You need to determine what you have, first.   Is that DB10 rifle made for the DPMS-based pattern, or the Armalite AR-10 pattern?... 

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, RUSTYCOLT1860 said:

Mine is the armalite style 

What criteria are you using? The reason I ask is I have seen some variations on the Armalite style that could cause issues getting the right rail. I have two Matrix receiver sets with the Armalite angle cut, one used the Armalite barrel nut thread pattern while the other used the DPMS pattern. Neither one will mate to my AR-10. 

5 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

What criteria are you using? The reason I ask is I have seen some variations on the Armalite style that could cause issues getting the right rail. I have two Matrix receiver sets with the Armalite angle cut, one used the Armalite barrel nut thread pattern while the other used the DPMS pattern. Neither one will mate to my AR-10. 

Mine has the angle on the receiver 

9 hours ago, RUSTYCOLT1860 said:

Mine has the angle on the receiver 

These DB10 receivers are exact copies of Matrix Aerospace receivers (and Matrix made all the Ruger SR-762 receivers), and I have an early Matrix with a DPMS-sized barrel threading on it. However, Matrix released them in both thread patterns.

DPMS pattern is 1 7/16" diameter by 16-pitch threading.  Armalite AR-10 is 1 7/16" diameter by 18-pitch threading.  That's what you need to discover on your upper.  The Armalite cut matters - for mating to a lower.  In these sets, the threading is what's gonna determine what handguard you need to get, to fit your rifle.

Once you know (and tell us) that information, recommendations will come out...  

Edited by 98Z5V

16 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Well ain't that a fustercluck?!

17 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

These DB10 receivers are exact copies of Matrix Aerospace receivers (and Matrix made all the Ruger SR-762 receivers), and I have an early Matrix with a DPMS-sized barrel threading on it. However, Matrix released them in both thread patterns.

DPMS pattern is 1 7/16" diameter by 16-pitch threading.  Armalite AR-10 is 1 7/16" diameter by 18-pitch threading.  That's what you need to discover on your upper.  The Armalite cut matters - for mating to a lower.  In these sets, the threading is what's gonna determine what handguard you need to get, to fit your rifle.

Once you know (and tell us) that information, recommendations will come out...  

I found out today from diamondback firearms that it is the 1-7/16 x 16 pitch. I called them and they were very helpful and lady I talked to was super nice and very helpful. She didn't have the answer in front of her but ran around talking to the correct people to find the correct answer for me. I recommend them.

It's either 1/8" thick or 3/16" thick.  Easy to measure with a tape measure.  Just trying to save you some headaches, and find the right part for you.

Pretty complicated, isn't it?  The only thing Armalite about the receiver set you have is the cut on the upper/lower...  

Rustycolt1860, sometimes it seems like the guys ask for schitts that don't matter, but that information can be the difference between easy and a BIG FUKN MISTAKE.....or just alot of pain in the ass.

There are no mil-spec type of things in the 308 world, and therein lies many headaches for us. These guys have most of the stupid schitts figured out.....trust them.

17 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

Just curious, what is it about the keymod you hate. I prefer them and M lok over the quad. guess it's good we have different rails for different tastes.

Just seems easier to put whatever attachment you want on and fine tune its position as opposed to having to keep undoing the rail and things seems to be a headache 

3 minutes ago, RUSTYCOLT1860 said:

Just seems easier to put whatever attachment you want on and fine tune its position as opposed to having to keep undoing the rail and things seems to be a headache 

I got ya, it would be easier if you remove and adjust attachments a lot. I usually put mine back in the same place if I take it off. about all I have thou is a light and QD sling  mount. oh and a front grip of some sort.