Jump to content
308AR.com Community
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Brownells
  • Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide
RUSTYCOLT1860

AR-10 FDE quad rail

Recommended Posts

I'm brand new to this forum. I have a diamondback firearms AR-10 and it has the keymod handgaurd. I have scoured the internet looking for a quad rail handgaurd in flat dark earth. I hate the key mod I want the full quad rail system. I'm looking for length of 11" or longer. I have the 16" barrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have both more K mod than Mlok. Mechanically I can see Mlok being stronger of the 2. Neither is cheap for rails. I'm half dead already if I need a rifle for smashing heads I'll get the Garand. Just my 2 mags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

I have both more K mod than Mlok. Mechanically I can see Mlok being stronger of the 2. Neither is cheap for rails. I'm half dead already if I need a rifle for smashing heads I'll get the Garand. Just my 2 mags

I don't understand what you are getting at

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RUSTYCOLT1860 said:

I'm brand new to this forum. I have a diamondback firearms AR-10 and it has the keymod handgaurd.

You need to determine what you have, first.   Is that DB10 rifle made for the DPMS-based pattern, or the Armalite AR-10 pattern?... 

Edited by 98Z5V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RUSTYCOLT1860 said:

Mine is the armalite style 

What criteria are you using? The reason I ask is I have seen some variations on the Armalite style that could cause issues getting the right rail. I have two Matrix receiver sets with the Armalite angle cut, one used the Armalite barrel nut thread pattern while the other used the DPMS pattern. Neither one will mate to my AR-10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

What criteria are you using? The reason I ask is I have seen some variations on the Armalite style that could cause issues getting the right rail. I have two Matrix receiver sets with the Armalite angle cut, one used the Armalite barrel nut thread pattern while the other used the DPMS pattern. Neither one will mate to my AR-10. 

Mine has the angle on the receiver 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That does NOT determine your rail choice. It’s the thread pitch on the receiver for the barrel nut. I don’t have it off hand but it’s in here.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RUSTYCOLT1860 said:

Mine has the angle on the receiver 

These DB10 receivers are exact copies of Matrix Aerospace receivers (and Matrix made all the Ruger SR-762 receivers), and I have an early Matrix with a DPMS-sized barrel threading on it. However, Matrix released them in both thread patterns.

DPMS pattern is 1 7/16" diameter by 16-pitch threading.  Armalite AR-10 is 1 7/16" diameter by 18-pitch threading.  That's what you need to discover on your upper.  The Armalite cut matters - for mating to a lower.  In these sets, the threading is what's gonna determine what handguard you need to get, to fit your rifle.

Once you know (and tell us) that information, recommendations will come out...  

Edited by 98Z5V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

What criteria are you using? The reason I ask is I have seen some variations on the Armalite style that could cause issues getting the right rail. I have two Matrix receiver sets with the Armalite angle cut, one used the Armalite barrel nut thread pattern while the other used the DPMS pattern. Neither one will mate to my AR-10. 

Well ain't that a fustercluck?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DNP said:

Well ain't that a fustercluck?!

Eh, mid-year changeover, or something.  Now, the Matrix sets you can get are DPMS-cut. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

These DB10 receivers are exact copies of Matrix Aerospace receivers (and Matrix made all the Ruger SR-762 receivers), and I have an early Matrix with a DPMS-sized barrel threading on it. However, Matrix released them in both thread patterns.

DPMS pattern is 1 7/16" diameter by 16-pitch threading.  Armalite AR-10 is 1 7/16" diameter by 18-pitch threading.  That's what you need to discover on your upper.  The Armalite cut matters - for mating to a lower.  In these sets, the threading is what's gonna determine what handguard you need to get, to fit your rifle.

Once you know (and tell us) that information, recommendations will come out...  

I found out today from diamondback firearms that it is the 1-7/16 x 16 pitch. I called them and they were very helpful and lady I talked to was super nice and very helpful. She didn't have the answer in front of her but ran around talking to the correct people to find the correct answer for me. I recommend them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's either 1/8" thick or 3/16" thick.  Easy to measure with a tape measure.  Just trying to save you some headaches, and find the right part for you.

Pretty complicated, isn't it?  The only thing Armalite about the receiver set you have is the cut on the upper/lower...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rustycolt1860, sometimes it seems like the guys ask for schitts that don't matter, but that information can be the difference between easy and a BIG FUKN MISTAKE.....or just alot of pain in the ass.

 

There are no mil-spec type of things in the 308 world, and therein lies many headaches for us. These guys have most of the stupid schitts figured out.....trust them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious, what is it about the keymod you hate. I prefer them and M lok over the quad. guess it's good we have different rails for different tastes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

Just curious, what is it about the keymod you hate. I prefer them and M lok over the quad. guess it's good we have different rails for different tastes.

Just seems easier to put whatever attachment you want on and fine tune its position as opposed to having to keep undoing the rail and things seems to be a headache 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RUSTYCOLT1860 said:

Just seems easier to put whatever attachment you want on and fine tune its position as opposed to having to keep undoing the rail and things seems to be a headache 

I got ya, it would be easier if you remove and adjust attachments a lot. I usually put mine back in the same place if I take it off. about all I have thou is a light and QD sling  mount. oh and a front grip of some sort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...