• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Back from Raptor Assault in Utah

Madhouse

This is my third truck with the 3.5L eco-boost.  Believe me, I'm a fan of V8's, but after driving this little powerhouse around for 7 years, I'm not sure I'd go back.

There are rumors that they'll swap in the flat 5.2L V8 in the Raptor just before they do a new body in a few years, but I doubt I would swap just for that.

On 5/5/2019 at 4:21 PM, Sisco said:

Been thinking about the Corvette racing school in Vegas. Haven’t been able to talk my son into going with me yet.

My dad did it, HE LOVED IT! Said if he could afford it he’d do it yearly 

My dad just picked up a new F150 King Ranch. After talking with our mechanic and going back and forth he went with the plain V-8. I was hoping we’d have the little twin turbo beast, but he just sees it as more to go wrong. He had a 2005 250 with all the turbo trouble they had in it and I think he’s a little turbo-shy now. 

On 5/8/2019 at 11:35 AM, Madhouse said:

This is my third truck with the 3.5L eco-boost.  Believe me, I'm a fan of V8's, but after driving this little powerhouse around for 7 years, I'm not sure I'd go back.

There are rumors that they'll swap in the flat 5.2L V8 in the Raptor just before they do a new body in a few years, but I doubt I would swap just for that.

what are your average mileage readouts. in town and freeways. do you go off road? Ive been drooling on a raptor since they arrived but for as little as i would use it. I cant pull the cost out of my pocket just yet.. maybe a work related rig, would see lots of road use, and towing abuse.. would it hold up? 

shepp - it was just west of SLC in Tooele, at the Ford Performance Racing School complex, although most of the day was well off campus out in the dirt and mountains

sketch - the lie-o-meter tells me 16 all day in town, when I drove to STL last Christmas I got 19 on the open road.  I do go off-road, for sure, this is my hunting rig, it performs very well.  We've had a ton of rain for a while now and this spring has been a mud fest up there, she's gotten her feet very dirty.  Towing, if it's relatively regular duty, will do just fine.  But if I were towing big loads frequently, I'd have a 3/4 ton of some flavor.

thanks brother!  I have an f350 duelly that the boss bought and put in some crazy gears for hauling 11.5 something ? it sucks without 1ton in the back but gets 8-9 mpg 🤐 maybe i can save the money in gas in exchage for the cost of a raptor.. hahaaaa ,  really would like one for personal use! the jeerp has almost lost its luster as im always putting money in it and never use it!

1 hour ago, Madhouse said:

shepp - it was just west of SLC in Tooele, at the Ford Performance Racing School complex, although most of the day was well off campus out in the dirt and mountains

Giant army ammo depot out there, brother - Tooele Army Depot.  I pissed around at Dugway Proving Grounds out there in 1990 - that place is pretty scary.  Unexploded chem munitions on the ground...  :laffs:It's one of those times when you say, "Man, I wish this could SUCK MORE!..."...   and they tell you, "Okay.  Here's the deal - live chems on the ground.  Watch your step, ladies..."    Fuk me.  :lmao: