• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Scot Peterson arrested for child neglect

Armed Eye Doc

Fox news included information that the other places aren't reporting - I guess ABC doesn't want people to know that he's facing 100 years in prison...

The charges carry a combined potential prison sentence of nearly 100 years for the officer blasted by many critics as the "Coward of Broward."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-resource-officer-who-didnt-enter-school-during-shooting-massacre-is-arrested

3 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Fox news included information that the other places aren't reporting - I guess ABC doesn't want people to know that he's facing 100 years in prison...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-resource-officer-who-didnt-enter-school-during-shooting-massacre-is-arrested

ABC National news last night reported 96 years. Close enough I guess.

Edited by Sisco

8 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Not even close yet. If he gets to prison then maybe his fellow inmates will serve him a little justice. I doubt he does a day, this is just to placate the masses.

That right there! I would bet a Benjamin that IF he is even convicted he will receive probation. I'm actually wondering if this isn't a ploy to go after his retirement?

I think the man is a POS coward and deserves anything he gets but if he does get convicted it will be the start down a slippery slope for law enforcement in this country. The courts decided some time back that law enforcement had no obligation to protect any one individual unless they were in police custody. If Peterson is convicted of these charges and the convictions aren't overturned by a higher court (which I'm pretty sure they would be) then that would leave every LEO in this country open to criminal charges if inaction (for whatever reason) on their part resulted in the death of someone.

I want to see Scot Peterson get his just deserts, but not at the expense of my brothers and sisters out on the streets!

I had a talk with one our new rookies today. We were talking about having to make the hard decision to do the right thing, no matter what. 

I explained, “75 years ago, today, 150,000 18,19, 20, 21 year old boys were told they were going to jump from boats and planes, directly into enemy gunfire. They knew they were going to die, and 4,414 of them were right. Yet every one of them made the decision to do the right thing.”

5 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

I had a talk with one our new rookies today. We were talking about having to make the hard decision to do the right thing, no matter what. 

I explained, “75 years ago, today, 150,000 18,19, 20, 21 year old boys were told they were going to jump from boats and planes, directly into enemy gunfire. They knew they were going to die, and 4,414 of them were right. Yet every one of them made the decision to do the right thing.”

Well said.