• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Mossberg 930 Tactical

Sisco

My 930 SPX turns 10 years old next month - it is one seriously nice, smooth shotgun.  Just like Greg, I've got a Nordic Comp extension clamp and extended charging handle, plus a Mesa Tactical 6-shell sidesaddle.  That NC extension clamp is probably why my cheap (stock) Choate extension tube isn't all mangled up, as weak as those things are...  :laffs:

Aguila mini-shells are a no-go in an autoloader, as sad as that news it to hear.  Once you pick yours up Al, I can tell you how to ghost-load an additional shell on the shell lifter, though.  Full extension tube, one in the chamber, the additional backup sitting on the shell lifter.  :thumbup:

My favorite trick to play on people that aren't watching me load it, is: Tell them I'll top it off with 7 1/2 birdshot for them. Put a 3" magnum slug in there first, then load the rest of the 2 3/4" 7 1/2 bird...  When they pull the trigger on that last one, buddy...  :banana:  I always have the camera ready on that...  That face is priceless...   :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been lusting after a 930 SPX for a couple of years now. Problem is, I keep buying other schit!

On 7/21/2019 at 5:16 PM, 98Z5V said:

:hail:  You will love it.  :thumbup:

Here's the Ghost Load procedure. He does it a little different than I do, but this still works.

I learned about ghost loading an extra round with Josh's Benelli M4.