• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BCA 7.62X39 Upper

shooterrex

Bought a 16in  BCA upper in 7.62x39 upper. The first trip to the range was not fun at all. Cases stuck in the chamber, leaving the last round in the magazine .  I took it apart and pollished the chamber. Changed from the Silver Bear soft points that are zinc plated to Wolf lacquer coated. Still had FTF and not loading last round from the ASC mags. Bought new mags from Midway. Stoner mags are probably ASC that is what the follower is marked. Put a 308 Armalite spring and H3 buffer in. Runs like a top with the Wolf now. Haven't tried the Silver Bear yet. Now that it runs I'll see how it groups when I have time.

20190713_145459.jpg

• 2 years later...
45 minutes ago, Hipshot Z17 said:

Would love to know about an x39uper  on an AR-10 lower. 

Hi good people. First post from South Central NM borderlands. Behind enemy territory standing still.💥🇺🇸💥

Welcome to the forum.  Stop by the introductions and let us know more about you.

As far as an x39 upper is concerned, it does not need, nor will it work on, a large frame AR lower.

Hi. Thanks. I get that regarding need, nor would it fit the larger AR-10 Lower. I just think it would be hugely convenient to grab one rifle and one upper, that would handle a variety of scenarios and ammo availability that demand might tempt a manufacturer to develop such a lower/upper or some adapter thingy😁 Thanks for the invite.

3 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I wonder what happened to it.  It looks like a good idea.  It didn't take the AR world by storm.  I wonder what went wrong.

Money killed it, but Colt killed it by being Colt.  They were sitting on a gold mine, but fukked it all up with how they do things.

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah. I'm in cartel hell above and below ground and an aiding and abetting local gov. that for a final month I'm still employed by.  

So I don't have a bunch of guns since I split my allowance with musical gear too :) the rest is family. If I were to choose between the 10 and the 15, with the help of some of the valuable information here, I'd probably go for the 16" 308 and start reloading. When I clear a few more projects and stabilize funds, I'll get the 15 with the x39 upper. That just keeps gnawing at me! 

Interesting post regarding the Colt. I was unaware. Maybe they didn't get past the Gen 1 failures which have all been addressed at this time. The extended pin, hammer spring. etc.

On 7/13/2019 at 1:45 PM, shooterrex said:

Bought a 16in  BCA upper in 7.62x39 upper. The first trip to the range was not fun at all. Cases stuck in the chamber, leaving the last round in the magazine .  I took it apart and pollished the chamber. Changed from the Silver Bear soft points that are zinc plated to Wolf lacquer coated. Still had FTF and not loading last round from the ASC mags. Bought new mags from Midway. Stoner mags are probably ASC that is what the follower is marked. Put a 308 Armalite spring and H3 buffer in. Runs like a top with the Wolf now. Haven't tried the Silver Bear yet. Now that it runs I'll see how it groups when I have time.

20190713_145459.jpg