• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Rifle slings are extremely important

Exhail

On 7/29/2019 at 11:19 PM, sketch said:

beaching slings is all ive ever owned!

Not the only slings I've ever owned but they are the only slings I own now! And yeah, I've taken advantage of Jacob's custom services twice now. No disappointments!

Dammit, y'all just reminded me that I'm short about 3 slings for my last several builds!☹️

On 7/29/2019 at 8:42 PM, Ravenworks said:

Well 35 years ago as a Marine we just drew down and shot your azz.

Guy needs some more ink to look more Tactical,and that muzac WTF

Ravenworks, are you sure that quote "Well 35 years ago as a Marine we just drew down and shot your azz." wasn't that just that old South American Mary Jane influence working at the time?, , , . .and who's asses were you shooting back in 1984?

I bought a dozen of the 1907 leather slings from CMP back before our slingmaster Beaching Slings guy was even born and they sent Me another dozen slings to be used on our CMP loaner M14 National Match rifles assigned to our rifle club for Junior NRA 4-H shooting program in the mid 1970s and just gave the last one away to a M1A owner for his new loaded M1A. I use Beaching slings on my M1A and Ruger Mini 14 and DPMS LR308, you can't beat them, and if any Marine just don't use a sling, it ain't because he wasn't trained to use the sling back in my day as a brown shoe Marine Recruit at MCRD. Sling use is a big part of Rifle Marksmanship Training, IMHO

Edited by mrmackc

19 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Use it all you want, brother - I'll flip those slings and send them to you.  You pay shipping difference in "real" Molson Golden even trade, or whatever you have that's better...  and we're GOOD!...  :lmao::thumbup:

Send me these...    😘

Molson GOlden.jpg

Dude, is this something they sell Americans like Canadian back bacon which is only in the US, we just call it ham up here :laffs:. Never seen it and a quick search didn't turn up anything

Got a note into Jacob so we'll see but regardless I'll hook you up with some good local beer.

On 7/31/2019 at 12:03 PM, mrmackc said:

I bought a dozen of the 1907 leather slings from CMP back before our slingmaster Beaching Slings guy was even born

Always used the 1907 for serious shooting because that is what I had on my  sporterized 1917 Winchester Enfield  when I was 12, and used them ever since, even on my AR16 and AR10 rifles. Guess it’s time to get a Beachin.

I happen to have an extra one of these.

You'll never find them for sale anywhere because we only had X amount made and that was it.

If there is a member here, who was with 1/8 or the 24th and can prove it to me I'll be glad to give you the patch if you don't have one and want one.

I did the same offer over at the Hide before I had my heart attack this spring and no one needed it.

I did have a civilian ask me for it,I felt bad telling him no as one of his relatives was a KIA.

As for the sling business,I hate typing to converse since it takes the personality out of the conversation.

I'm certain mrmackc would have been laughing his azz off if we were sitting around drinking a few beers and I had said that in an old Salty Jarhead voice.

Fellas,I have been through a lot since April 23rd of this year and I have a few more months (Chemo) to go before I can start getting back to normal.

So, I assure you that I'm not trying  to come in here and tell anyone how it's done.

BTW, the music in that video is pretty fuqking gey

20190801_145249.jpg

Edited by Ravenworks

1 hour ago, Ravenworks said:

I happen to have an extra one of these.

You'll never find them for sale anywhere because we only had X amount made and that was it.

If there is a member here, who was with 1/8 or the 24th and can prove it to me I'll be glad to give you the patch if you don't have one and want one.

20190801_145249.jpg

Awesome patch! :thumbup:

That was a tough time and a tough situation to be a Marine in. Thanks for your service and prayers for those that didn’t return. What sucks about getting old is the number of us who go through the chemo deal. I have been lucky so far, but I am under no illusions. Both my parents died of cancer, so it’s only a matter of time. 

As far as slings, an M14 and an M16A1 are far separate beasts when it comes to the need for slings and the slings that were issued with them. I replaced my standard nylon AR15 and AR10 slings with 1907’s simply because that’s what I like and have learned to use from day 1.

I agre, one sling doesn't fit all,but if you remember when on the government's time you used what they gave you.

Let me tell you they were pretty cheap back in the 80's.

I bought 2 GALCO slings for one 10/22,yeah I was BSing on the phone and cut it in the wrong spot.

I do have a nice collection of slings

1907 slings and cheapass web slings with the two buckles - HAD their place, WAY back in the day.  You old fuckers seem like you want to say that the technology and change is unnecessary, and BS.  Well, that mentality is BS...  You can bag on shiit all you want, talk about your web slings and 1907s all you want.  Some of the options of the modern slings make one hell of a difference over the old shiit- and some are far, far superior nowadays.

Go ahead, though - adjust the rabbit ears on top of your TV as night falls, and the signal changes - just because it was starting to get fuzzy. Or, just rotate that click-knob to the next channel...   

My 1907 sling belongs on my M1904A4 rifle.  The skinny-ass little 1" wide green cotton web sling belongs on my M1 Carbine. 

I wouldn't put either one of those on any of my M4s, though.

:popcorn:

• 3 weeks later...

I think slings are incredibly important, obviously, and i think the true purpose of a sling has been lost along the way somewhere in gimmicks.

A sling should be like a holster for your rifle, so that when you cant have your hands on your rifle, its secure and ready to use.

Over the years people have done all sorts of things to this concept from making ease of shoulder transitions to bracing to who knows what the priority- at the cost of the slings primary function.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:27 PM, 98Z5V said:

1907 slings and cheapass web slings with the two buckles - HAD their place, WAY back in the day.  You old fuckers seem like you want to say that the technology and change is unnecessary, and BS.  Well, that mentality is BS...  You can bag on shiit all you want, talk about your web slings and 1907s all you want.  Some of the options of the modern slings make one hell of a difference over the old shiit- and some are far, far superior nowadays.

Go ahead, though - adjust the rabbit ears on top of your TV as night falls, and the signal changes - just because it was starting to get fuzzy. Or, just rotate that click-knob to the next channel...   

My 1907 sling belongs on my M1904A4 rifle.  The skinny-ass little 1" wide green cotton web sling belongs on my M1 Carbine. 

I wouldn't put either one of those on any of my M4s, though.

Yeah young whippersnapper Tom, You just don't know everything....YEETT! As long as there are M1 and M14 and them other firesticks with a tree limb to hold on to, our olden slings will do the job they have been doing for 116 years, These Mattel tin and plastic pop guns won't make it near that long regardless if you use a tititanium sling buckle and teflon-kevlon tricked out straps hanging them down around your Cajaonees, boy!

:fullauto:🖕😆