• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

here we go again - PA10 gen 3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, shaffe48 said:

I work and have worked at a corporation.  Every day I see things within my expertise that are completely wrong.  Every day no one cares.  Every day life goes on.

YOU are part of the PROBLEM then - IN your "corporation". 

Grow BALLS and bring it to someone's attention.  YOU are an ISSUE INSIDE your own CORPORATION, if that's the fucking case.

30 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

YOU are part of the PROBLEM then - IN your "corporation". 

Grow BALLS and bring it to someone's attention.  YOU are an ISSUE INSIDE your own CORPORATION, if that's the fucking case.

Man time and time again I read your responses on this site and this is no surprise.  I'm not getting into one of your irate pissing matches.

Fact is, I have one of these rifles.  Fact is, it works fine.  Fact is, my brother bought an PSA after me and it also works fine.  Truth be known, most people have the same experience.

If you dont like them...don't buy it.  Or you can just launch into another tirade

7 minutes ago, shaffe48 said:

Man time and time again I read your responses on this site and this is no surprise.  I'm not getting into one of your irate pissing matches.

Fact is, I have one of these rifles.  Fact is, it works fine.  Fact is, my brother bought an PSA after me and it also works fine.  Truth be known, most people have the same experience.

If you dont like them...don't buy it.  Or you can just launch into another tirade

Don't know enough about how the gun platform is supposed to work, and you're working on pure ignorance, on your part, but that's okay.  You do you.  If YOU think it's fine, then run it!  Have fun with it.

The platform is a complete piece of poop, not designed well, not manufactured well, and doesn't even meet the very basics for functionality - but if yours runs, and your brothers runs - then you two just go run with scissors!

I've fixed more of these fucked up platforms that you guys will ever buy, in your lifetimes - you and your brother.  Combined.

Have fun with your PSAs that you say function well - when they start fucking up...   Come back and tell me about it, what fucked up.  I'll wait...  :popcorn:

P.S.  I'll never buy one - but I've had a gun sent to me to fix - and I fixed it. 

Edited by 98Z5V

On 12/27/2021 at 11:45 PM, shaffe48 said:

At least they are making many changes for whatever reason. 

Your reading comprehension is awful. The point that has been made repeatedly and observed repeatedly throughout PSA's history with this forum, is that they do know and have been told, and still aren't doing anything about it. I know this because within the last 90 days I took a personal tour of their manufacturing space and spoke personally with their chief armorer and designer.

Ask yourself why PSA's website sells a recoil system assembly that has a completely different specification on all components than what is the factory default, and then make a comparison between what those specifications are in terms of factory vs. aftermarket spec. When you do your research you'll find that the aftermarket components correspond exactly to the specifications that were published on this forum years ago when PSA's issues first begin to crop up in significant numbers and we began diagnosing those issues and how to correct them. I hate to state the obvious, but it's evidently something you have some difficulty grasping: If they're selling fixes for problems that were created in the design phase, they're clearly aware of both the problem and the solutions. That said solutions haven't since been integrated into their manufacturing rather than aftermarket tells the tale.

I hate to be disparaging with you but it's plainly evident you have no concept of how many years of experience or corrected rifles are behind the consensus viewpoint of PSA's products here. PSA has plenty of reputable products to their name, but their PA-10 platform is unfortunately not one of them.

19 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Your reading comprehension is awful. The point that has been made repeatedly and observed repeatedly throughout PSA's history with this forum, is that they do know and have been told, and still aren't doing anything about it. I know this because within the last 90 days I took a personal tour of their manufacturing space and spoke personally with their chief armorer and designer.

Ask yourself why PSA's website sells a recoil system assembly that has a completely different specification on all components than what is the factory default, and then make a comparison between what those specifications are in terms of factory vs. aftermarket spec. When you do your research you'll find that the aftermarket components correspond exactly to the specifications that were published on this forum years ago when PSA's issues first begin to crop up in significant numbers and we began diagnosing those issues and how to correct them. I hate to state the obvious, but it's evidently something you have some difficulty grasping: If they're selling fixes for problems that were created in the design phase, they're clearly aware of both the problem and the solutions. That said solutions haven't since been integrated into their manufacturing rather than aftermarket tells the tale.

I hate to be disparaging with you but it's plainly evident you have no concept of how many years of experience or corrected rifles are behind the consensus viewpoint of PSA's products here. PSA has plenty of reputable products to their name, but their PA-10 platform is unfortunately not one of them.

Well I think the lowest my reading comprehension has been tested ever in my life was like 90th percentile and that was amongst people applying to grad school.

So odds are my reading comprehension is better than yours I mean not to talk down to you or anything.

But like I already said my gen 3 works fine with the native buffer assembly.  It doesn't hit the  threads in the back of my receiver.  I havent measured my gas port but another poster shows his is in spec.  If you're worried about the buffer system then buy the new one.  Or spend more from someone else or build your own. To each his own.

4 hours ago, shaffe48 said:

Well I think the lowest my reading comprehension has been tested ever in my life was like 90th percentile and that was amongst people applying to grad school.

Then what is the problem...... never mind, took me a minute to comprehend the effect of the group set on that statement.

4 hours ago, shaffe48 said:

So odds are my reading comprehension is better than yours I mean not to talk down to you or anything.

No worries there, it's glaringly obvious you are punching up.

I suggest you go read and comprehend the logical fallacies, avoiding them would make a better defense of the PA10, pay close attention to number 4.

https://utminers.utep.edu/omwilliamson/ENGL1311/fallacies.htm

More than just PA10's can be tuned up around here.............

7 hours ago, shaffe48 said:

But like I already said my gen 3 works fine with the native buffer assembly.  It doesn't hit the  threads in the back of my receiver.  I havent measured my gas port but another poster shows his is in spec.  If you're worried about the buffer system then buy the new one.  Or spend more from someone else or build your own. To each his own.

If you have to brag about your intelligence or your aptitude, you have already proved it is deficient. Just guessing your PAC-10 is a safe queen that “maybe” has 40 rounds of M-80 147 gr. ball through it if that much. After analyzing your comments and having a 40 year history in corporations myself  98’s comment about you being a part of the problem at any corporation you worked at is probably pretty spot on. In a large portion of the corporate world, followers who ignore or rationalize problems so as not to make waves outnumber problem solvers about 100 to 1. After solving a specific  problem, those corporations shunt them aside so they don’t make any more waves.  The fact is, when the same problem continues to crop up in generation after generation of PAC-10, in even a substantial minority of the rifles, it is a flaw of the corporate organization that a responsible and competent corporation would fix. Period. Enjoy your rifle. I sincerely hope it continues to operate well for you. If it does, I might suggest buying a lottery ticket as well. That would be more productive then arguing with the people above who know these 308AR systems inside and,out.

10 hours ago, Sisco said:

If you have to brag about your intelligence or your aptitude, you have already proved it is deficient. Just guessing your PAC-10 is a safe queen that “maybe” has 40 rounds of M-80 147 gr. ball through it if that much. After analyzing your comments and having a 40 year history in corporations myself  98’s comment about you being a part of the problem at any corporation you worked at is probably pretty spot on. In a large portion of the corporate world, followers who ignore or rationalize problems so as not to make waves outnumber problem solvers about 100 to 1. After solving a specific  problem, those corporations shunt them aside so they don’t make any more waves.  The fact is, when the same problem continues to crop up in generation after generation of PAC-10, in even a substantial minority of the rifles, it is a flaw of the corporate organization that a responsible and competent corporation would fix. Period. Enjoy your rifle. I sincerely hope it continues to operate well for you. If it does, I might suggest buying a lottery ticket as well. That would be more productive then arguing with the people above who know these 308AR systems inside and,out.

Naw if you go back and read you'll see that I'm not bragging but rather responding to someone telling me I have a low reading comprehension.  

But this has nothing to do with reading but rather your and mostly other's refusal to entertain any perspective other than your own.

I've already acknowledged your perspective that you didn't like the PSA rep for not taking your ideas and also that you think PSA rifles have too light of buffer system and also that you really don't like them.

What you won't acknowledge is some people care less about your bad blood with a representative and some people have PSA rifles that function fine and don't really mind if they need to switch out a few parts to make it work better.  

12 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Then what is the problem...... never mind, took me a minute to comprehend the effect of the group set on that statement.

No worries there, it's glaringly obvious you are punching up.

I suggest you go read and comprehend the logical fallacies, avoiding them would make a better defense of the PA10, pay close attention to number 4.

https://utminers.utep.edu/omwilliamson/ENGL1311/fallacies.htm

More than just PA10's can be tuned up around here.............

No there is no logical fallacy in people buying a product you don't like.   No matter how hard and long you may wish.

11 hours ago, shaffe48 said:

No matter how hard and long you may wish.

My Grandma was fond of saying "Wish in one hand and schit in the other, see which one you get the most of." she would say it in Finnish at times but it was plain English in my brain. My thoughts on the PA10 whatever version are not based on wishes, they are not biased by the fact that PSA has regularly gotten the lions share of my yearly gun budget, they are biased by the disproportionate number of PA10 buyers that show up here looking for information and or help on the same issues over a period of years. Now for this forum it has been a boon, we've gained many a brother here due to the PA10. I do have a wish, I wish PSA would make those few tweaks needed and put out the best bang for the buck 308AR available like they do with the AR-15, but I'm not gonna say that in front of Grandma.

I'm gonna continue to lay down words that make anyone looking aware that there is a risk of issues when buying a PA10, and yes many do the research and the math, go with the PA10, do the fixes, and have great rifles and THAT is the goal around here, great running rifles that get run. Your ad hominin bullschit will be called every time.

13 hours ago, shaffe48 said:

Naw if you go back and read you'll see that I'm not bragging but rather responding to someone telling me I have a low reading comprehension.  

But this has nothing to do with reading but rather your and mostly other's refusal to entertain any perspective other than your own.

I've already acknowledged your perspective that you didn't like the PSA rep for not taking your ideas and also that you think PSA rifles have too light of buffer system and also that you really don't like them.

What you won't acknowledge is some people care less about your bad blood with a representative and some people have PSA rifles that function fine and don't really mind if they need to switch out a few parts to make it work better.  

Yeah you were bragging. And “You” is a singular and you are lambasting a number of people on this thread. Clean up your syntax if you can comprehend that. Interesting you didn’t respond to my comment your PSA is most likely a safe queen that has only used a single type of ammo. Unless told otherwise I will assume that is the case. Which is fine if you don’t what to get the best performance out of your PA 10, and would fit with your comments and lack of knowledge on the issues.

8 hours ago, Sisco said:

Yeah you were bragging. And “You” is a singular and you are lambasting a number of people on this thread. Clean up your syntax if you can comprehend that. Interesting you didn’t respond to my comment your PSA is most likely a safe queen that has only used a single type of ammo. Unless told otherwise I will assume that is the case. Which is fine if you don’t what to get the best performance out of your PA 10, and would fit with your comments and lack of knowledge on the issues.

6 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Grad school pukes are a dime a dozen. Just another knob gobbler that doesn't know how to act in the company of men. You know so much what the fuk are you doing here. @shaffe go pour yourself tall glass of go fuk yourself and enjoy.

Yes I'm the one bragging and lambasting on this forum.  Guilty as charged.

9 hours ago, Sisco said:

You want me to respond to your comment?  Are you capable of using a search function and reading my relatively small number of comments on this forum?  

1 hour ago, shaffe48 said:

Are you capable of using a search function and reading my relatively small number of comments on this forum? 

I did that but could not find where you responded myself, you know the probably one kind of ammo and a safe queen guess, could have missed it though, please clarify. Other than seemingly having some magical source of in formation showing that problems with PA10's are disproportionately represented and maligned here you really haven't shared schit but opinion so that makes your entire contribution to the PSA debate opinion, the experience that forms my opinion is here all over these threads, what experience forms your opinion?

22 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I did that but could not find where you responded myself, you know the probably one kind of ammo and a safe queen guess, could have missed it though, please clarify. Other than seemingly having some magical source of in formation showing that problems with PA10's are disproportionately represented and maligned here you really haven't shared schit but opinion so that makes your entire contribution to the PSA debate opinion, the experience that forms my opinion is here all over these threads, what experience forms your opinion?

My point is that me and many others are happy with their PSA and it works fine for them.  They should be able to say so without being harassed by a bunch of goons. 

You're also distracting us bringing up irrelevant points you do or could already know the answer to just from this forum.  Truth is even if I did only shoot 40 rounds then that's my decision.  If you don't like it don't buy it.  That's you're decision.  This isn't complex.

2 hours ago, shaffe48 said:

Yes I'm the one bragging and lambasting on this forum.  Guilty as charged.

What the fuk do YOU have to brag about here?...   :popcorn:

You don't even know what the fuk you're talking about in the first place.  You should go sit in the corner.  Shut up and color.

32 minutes ago, shaffe48 said:

Truth is even if I did only shoot 40 rounds then that's my decision. 

You think your slippery not actually stating the facts, looks more like floundering from here.

34 minutes ago, shaffe48 said:

If you don't like it don't buy it.  That's you're decision.  This isn't complex.

Again you are correct, blind squirrel theory I think, it isn't complex, my decision is to help those looking for information get it, get it? Sorry the written record for the PA10 looks so shaky here but it is what it is. Best thing you could do for the PA10 cause Mr. Fanboy is show it, show the piles of brass, show the targets, show the rifle, share the observations. You wanna make a difference post up the review, your word with an in hand rifle should go miles further than the warnings from those that don't and won't own one like me, don't be scared, trump me.

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

What the fuk do YOU have to brag about here?...   :popcorn:

You don't even know what the fuk you're talking about in the first place.  You should go sit in the corner.  Shut up and color.

@shaffe48...   You CAN answer this, though - instead of just tossing an insult and trying to deflect from the question. 

Please answer that - WTF do YOU have to brag about HERE, on this board?...   :laffs:

I've fixed a metric-shiit-ton of PSA PA-10s, here.  I stand on that.  Show your goods, show what you're about.  I know what I'm about, and I've already done it, and it's proven, and it's written and documented here.   :thefinger:

Edited by 98Z5V