• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

here we go again - PA10 gen 3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Shat.  They clearanced the lower receiver, where BCG contact happens when the recoil system isn't correct, and you beat up your lower...   Is that so you can't tell that the recoil system isn't right?...   :lmao:

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

Holy Shat.  They clearanced the lower receiver, where BCG contact happens when the recoil system isn't correct, and you beat up your lower...   Is that so you can't tell that the recoil system isn't right?...   :lmao:

This is exactly why I posted it. I saw that, and thinking back on the most common issues with gen 2, immediately decided the cluster is only getting worse, not better.......

They're including an adjustable gas block, so you can tame down that "over-gassed rifle" that actually has a gas port that's too small in the first place...   You now have an adjustable gas block and a too-small gas port, so you can "tame down" your rifle that is "under-recoiled" with a weak recoil system. They're still using an H1 buffer, which is too light. They're saying "AR-10 spring" which it probably isn't, unless they're getting the Armalite EA1095 spring FROM Armalite...

I'll BET that receiver extension isn't 7 5/8" internal depth, either - but who cares?  They clearanced the lower to you won't see the evidence of the BCG hitting it!...   :laffs:

The gas block just blows my mind though. Wouldn't it be easier and more cost effective to just use a proper port hole and tube combo? For that matter, proper buffer weight and tube lengths wouldn't seem like that big of a deal either, but who knows........

2 hours ago, Peachey said:

The gas block just blows my mind though. Wouldn't it be easier and more cost effective to just use a proper port hole and tube combo? For that matter, proper buffer weight and tube lengths wouldn't seem like that big of a deal either, but who knows........

That would make a "reliable rifle for almost any ammunition type," yes.  However, it seems like they're trying to use the "Race Gun" approach and apply it to budget guns, in order to save a few bucks here and there.  It'll never work... It's not a Race Gun...   which would only shoot one type of hand-loaded ammo in the first place, for competition only...  

25 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

He said "PA10" spring.   I'm not sure what that means though.  I'm sure they don't either. 

That rifle had more recoil than my 450B and almost as much as @sketch 458 shoulder shredder. :lmao::thumbup:

He can say whatever he wants - and doesn't know what he's talking about in the first place, I'm sure. Even though he's the "Senior Design Engineer" for PSA...

What they put up in the vid says it all. It says it all...

I put my own highlights in, just so it won't be missed...  Time hacks are right there, so everyone else can see it, too...   :banana:

Just click this vid:

And look for this, at this time hack...  :thumbup:

877723316_PSAAR-10bufferspring.thumb.png.57886ea08c016bfb1681398a6534f404.png

There is ONE "AR-10" buffer spring, and it's the Armalite EA1095 spring.  Period. There isn't any other "AR-10 buffer spring" in existence.  Ever...  

I love this....   :banana:

Wait I don't have to adjust my gas or mill my lowers for recoil marks when it's properly built... shiiitss!  I once said I'd drag a pa10 behind the jeep down a dirt road for a dirt test,   they are throwing gas on the fire!! WOW! Have you seen the drunk vid of the dude lighting his farts and burns his ass. yeah can't fix stupid. For the record I have had psa parts recoil marks and @98Z5V set me straight at the fall shoot and I invested my 1.25$ on a new armalite reciever tube , spring and buffer.. I fixed stupid 🤗 

1 minute ago, sketch said:

For the record I have had psa parts recoil marks and @98Z5V set me straight at the fall shoot and I invested my 1.25$ on a new armalite reciever tube , spring and buffer.. I fixed stupid 🤗 

YOUR receiver extensions was one of those 8.000" internal depth PSA Carbine extensions, brother - THAT THING WAS WAY FUCKED UP!!!...  "PA-10" etched right into the bottom of it, too.  Still have pics of it.

We got it to run, for the shoot, though - and made the damn thing work, so you could shoot your gun.  But I'm not a Gunsmith...   :thefinger::banana:

This may be way outta bounds, if so I apologize and will drop the idea, but..... Has anyone ever considered making a "PA10" repair/reliability kit? Surely one could source at cost buffers,springs,gas tubes, ejectors, etc etc. Put em all in a retail kit form and sell it for somewhere in the $100-$150 range. Not saying it would be a large profit, long sustaining business plan, but for someone already into the parts or custom market it might make sense. FYI, I have zero time available to try such a endeavor, so don't expect that kind of effort from myself lolol. 

• 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, DiggerDave said:

At least they got the gas port right. 20" rifle bbl. now shipping with .093 gas port (at least this one). Keep beating them on the recoil system. Maybe it's starting to sink in.

Dave, your numbers are off, by what you stated in the other thread.  What you measured wasn't a 0.093" gas port.

3 minutes ago, DiggerDave said:

Don't know what you mean by the other thread. I was just assuming mine was too small, too, and had not gotten around to verifying it until today.

Well, I'm sober, and just pulled it down to check it. It is 0.093. It came from the factory that size. What ever, just the facts man.

Not based on the drill bit you used, where you mentioned this today in another thread.  The drill bit that you stated cleared, was not a 0.093" drill bit...

And, 0.093" would be on the small side of the range...

Edited by 98Z5V