• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

here we go again - PA10 gen 3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/30/2021 at 10:26 PM, Sharpshooter said:

Hell, I not only know what DILLIGAF means, I've got a patch that says it. JT, I feel like you're trying to take a train wreck and put it back on the tracks. Why would you want to do something like that? :laffs:

We just want to make sure that @shaffe48 feels the love he's worked so diligently to earn here that's all. Sometimes folks erroneously assume that derailing their topic is somehow disrespectful, and we want to avoid that at all cost.

54 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

We just want to make sure that @shaffe48feels the love he's worked so diligently to earn here that's all. Sometimes folks erroneously assume that derailing their topic is somehow disrespectful, and we want to avoid that at all cost.

You have an interesting depiction of history given that this thread is right in front of you to 'read.'

What shaffe48 did was say that it doesn't make sense that most PSA rifles don't work and that many people like their PSA rifles.

Subsequently I have been 'lambasted' and 'insulted' by at least a half a dozen members not the least of which being you claiming that I have trouble with 'reading comprehension.'

But I won't say you can't read this thread Matt Cross.  I'll just say it how it is.  You are just a liar.  Plain and simple.

Edited by shaffe48

7 hours ago, shaffe48 said:

Subsequently I have been 'lambasted' and 'insulted'

and that has been totally a one way street, we're pick'n on you, better go tell.

7 hours ago, shaffe48 said:

You are just a liar

Again, @shaffe48 you refuse to answer any of my questions meant to move the PA10 dialogue forward, take your shot and lay down some positive information so someone searching can get your view with the facts behind it. I've been as polite to you as I would my brother and you ignore me, I shower you with attention and you ignore me, are all the other girls in the room just that much prettier?

Please tell me how many rounds through your PA10? Even an overblown estimate counts as an answer, then I can finish the year with some dignity...............

On 12/31/2021 at 12:22 AM, shaffe48 said:

What shaffe48 did was say that it doesn't make sense that most PSA rifles don't work

Nobody here has said or implied that most PSA rifles don't work, so that's a straw man. Specifically, we've addressed the shortcomings of the design and manufacturing of the PA-10 platform, which is dreadful. Still, that's only 1 PSA product and we've collectively acknowledged the quality and performance of their other products. You're taking our issue with one product as an issue with PSA in general, and that's your problem, not ours.

On 12/31/2021 at 12:22 AM, shaffe48 said:

But I won't say you can't read this thread Matt Cross.  I'll just say it how it is.  You are just a liar.  Plain and simple.

Well if you want the truth, I'll share it it with you: You're a butthurt child aspiring to be a keyboard warrior. 

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

and that has been totally a one way street, we're pick'n on you, better go tell.

Again, @shaffe48 you refuse to answer any of my questions meant to move the PA10 dialogue forward, take your shot and lay down some positive information so someone searching can get your view with the facts behind it. I've been as polite to you as I would my brother and you ignore me, I shower you with attention and you ignore me, are all the other girls in the room just that much prettier?

Please tell me how many rounds through your PA10? Even an overblown estimate counts as an answer, then I can finish the year with some dignity...............

No the round count wasn't your question.  Though you seem to have grasped on to it lately in an attempt to look fair and reasonable.  You were the one who thought it was more important to post a list of logical fallacies and claim that I couldn't like my psa firearm and be logical.  Apparently, ad hominem logical fallacy and fallacy of composition didn't cross your mind.

The rifle has upward of 500 rounds through it but I doubt over.  Hornady 150 SST factory loads, hand loads mostly with 175 smk, steel case 147 wolf ammunition.  Primer shortage and being engaged in a sequence of hunting and trapping seasons since august has limited my recreational shooting escapades.   It'll continue to get shot next year. But my main rifle is indeed my bolt action with thousands of slow fire rounds through it and that will probably get more attention as I gear up for spot and stalk style hunting trips next year.  But good marksmanship translates from one rifle to another.  Random blasting and barrel burning only has a limited role in my playbook

On 12/21/2021 at 12:39 PM, unforgiven said:

You get what you pay for. Being hit or miss, some guys it works majority no worky. 

34 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Nobody here has said or implied that most PSA rifles don't work, so that's a straw man. 

I'm only butt hurt because despite your incredible reading comprehension skills I can't seem to get many factual statements out of you.

59 minutes ago, shaffe48 said:

and claim that I couldn't like my psa firearm and be logical. 

Not the intent of the list, the intent was to point out your response to Matt's question or questions, I ain't going back to look, to point out your response was nothing more than an ad hominem attack void of any factual contradictions to what was said.

The rifle has upward of 500 rounds through it but I doubt over.  Hornady 150 SST factory loads, hand loads mostly with 175 smk, steel case 147 wolf ammunition.

Good deal, now I'm going to

attempt to look fair and reasonable.

That is a good variety of ammo, lower power to higher stuff. I consider that a pretty solid round count to judge reliability from. Now comes the hard part, lets help others figure out what they are looking for and when it is from. Things like the gas port details, pics of the gas tube in the upper, buffer system measurements, weight and depths, all those critical items that effect function. It would be best in it's own dedicated thread for the sake of clarity, this is a little messy. IF your underlying intention is to help or defend the PA10 cause then please help us unbias this forum so people get a true objective look, a detailed objective look like only someone with weapon in hand can do. 

Now I'm going to abandon any 

attempt to look fair and reasonable.

ass.jpg.7cf28ab9cf8af47389200ae39c5ab5b4.jpg

Edited by jtallen83

31 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

It would be best in it's own dedicated thread for the sake of clarity, this is a little messy. IF your underlying intention is to help or defend the PA10 cause then please help us unbias this forum so people get a true objective look

On 12/27/2021 at 8:35 PM, shaffe48 said:

I think the better depiction of reality is most of them work but a few don't.  New owners of the few that don't become members here and ask questions about it.  The problem is compounded by the fact that PSA buyers are likely less knowledgeable about the platform and have less knowledgeable friends to ask.  Further, since PSA is mostly online those with problems reach out online. 

Hence why YouTube videos tend to report high reliability.  Some may be getting cherry picked items but more likely they are getting representative rifles.  Unlike new forum members, YouTube creators don't start channels  with thousands of subscribers just so they can complain about the new psa they bought.  Some will only report favorable outcomes in hopes of affiliate opportunities and sponsorships.  But the fact is that well balanced and truthful creators have reported good reliability from their gen 3 rifles.

Further, it doesn't seem from forum posts that PSA has a monopoly on quality control and design issues.  That's not to say they don't have more issues as a percentage they may or may not.  But that clearly doesn't equate to most or even a  high percentage having problems. 

Finally, I can understand some people's angst about some of the details of psa design decisions.  But most people buying these rifles aren't hovering over them with a micrometer.  Does it work or doesn't it?  That's what they care about.  And as many have noted, upgrading the parts isn't necessarily difficult or expensive for those who care.     

Your suggestions of the additional steps I need to take or should have taken are non sequitur. 

My original response was appropriate given the original post of this thread and in line with preceding discussion.  If you wish the topic of the thread was different or more technical, provided more user insight, or crusaded for PSA or otherwise, then you should participate in another thread that is doing that.  

There is actually no obligation or reasonable expectation for me to do any additional things or provide any of the information that you or others have subsequently asked for.

On 12/31/2021 at 11:08 AM, shaffe48 said:

I'm only butt hurt because despite your incredible reading comprehension skills I can't seem to get many factual statements out of you.

You have yet to point out anything I've said that isn't factual. Go ahead and do that, and if you don't, consider yourself banned.

On 12/31/2021 at 11:08 AM, shaffe48 said:

On 12/31/2021 at 1:03 PM, Matt.Cross said:

You have yet to point out anything I've said that isn't factual. Go ahead and do that, and if you don't, consider yourself banned.

As a result of his failure to post his proof within more than 24 hours, @shaffe48    is now banned. Congratulations to all of us and may 2022 bring more such happy moments!