• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

here we go again - PA10 gen 3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey; I like book lernin. But I too was chomping at the bit for this outcome. 

Don't want to share even the least bit of experience of feedback? Can't answer basic questions?

Who cares... Probably that person sitting next to me in school that needed to cheat on every exam. Fuuuoook off.

I leave for the weekend, and this turns into the kinda shiitstorm that I get involved in.  

I feel left out.    :embarrassed:

@shaffe48, I guess you can't keep blaming me for this.  You did this to yourself, asshead.  :thefinger:

(I hope you still get the PM Notifications that someone quoted you or quoted your screen name... :laffs:)

You would have been fun to interrogate.  You wouldn't have lasted long.  Much shorter than you imagine you might have.   

On 1/4/2022 at 10:08 PM, Steve crawford said:

Now what am I go to do for laughs and giggles this long cold winter?  Sorry to see him go.  I don't know how Matt let Shaffe48  go as long as he did. 😁:lmao::bitchslap:

Steve 

I'm fairly thick-skinned. However, I'll take an outright cussing before I'll be called a liar. If a man wants to go there, he'd better put up or shut up. I look at it this way, if I'm called a liar, that person gets a fair chance to put their cards on the table. If it turns out they're right, it's up to me to man up and own the error of my ways. If it turns out they're full of bull, well, then it's gonna get interesting. And with that, I'll get off my soapbox. :soap:

To be honest, I thought he initially did a good job of keeping his cool, and a fair job of speaking his mind. Alas, when it came to backing anything up with actual data or facts, he chose poorly. The result speaks for itself.

We're here to educate ourselves and newcomers, differences of opinion aren't only expected, they're genuinely welcomed. The caveat is that there has to be valid data at the heart of your disagreement. Otherwise it's just an argument for the sake of arguing and nobody learns anything except who the most assertive and stubborn participant happens to be....

1 hour ago, Matt.Cross said:

Otherwise it's just an argument for the sake of arguing and nobody learns anything except who the most assertive and stubborn participant happens to be....

I'll win that one, every SINGLE time.  It's not about "Assertive" or "Stubborn" - It's about A$SHOLE.

That's the hand that I play.  And I win.  :thumbup:

Val Kilmer — I'm Your Huckleberry Review | FOX 5 San Diego

Edited by 98Z5V

• 1 month later...

I have admittedly been lax on my visits to the forum over the past couple of years. 

I almost feel like I might need to apologize for starting this train wreck of a thread, but looking at it, it seems some of you had a good time !

I don't clearly remember most of my early experience with the PA10, however I do remember folks here gave me some good recommendations, and it has been working well since replacing the buffer tube, spring, buffer, and gas tube / port......

I think I am at around 800 rounds problem free since the parts swaps.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, GotTheTshirt said:

Well, a lot of hysteria above.

However, my first hand experience is 4" groups at 500 yards in one afternoon. 

For $900, nothing else is close.

Welcome. What do you have for a rifle and ammo? Feel free to hit the introduce yourself thread. You may have some info to share .. we are open and listening to all and any experience you have. Thank you for joining. 

On 5/22/2022 at 10:25 PM, GotTheTshirt said:

No hysteria bud. Lots of facts, backed up with real information. Good for you that you can do that, with one of these, without issue. You are in the minority.

On 5/22/2022 at 10:25 PM, GotTheTshirt said:

You haven't been here long enough to call anything hysteria. It's a thrill to hear that you're having a positive experience from the outset, but as has already been stated, you're the exception rather than the rule.

You're right though, nothing else comes close, most off the shelf large ARs work as they should in the mainstream.

4 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

No hysteria bud. Lots of facts, backed up with real information. Good for you that you can do that, with one of these, without issue. You are in the minority.

Guess I am the lucky one. Worst issue I have had is the extremely light SSA-E trigger. 

Heavy? Yes. 

I have been running cheap Tula (not accurate) and Bullets 1st 147gr. Really surprised by the B1s. 

21 hours ago, sketch said:

Welcome. What do you have for a rifle and ammo? Feel free to hit the introduce yourself thread. You may have some info to share .. we are open and listening to all and any experience you have. Thank you for joining. 

Stats:

PA-10

20" SS

SSA-E trigger

Magpul 10/20 round gen 3

Ammo - cheap Tula and Bullets 1st 147gr 

Received rifle, dismantled upper and cleaned with Shooters Lube. Oiled liberally with Shooters Lube and let sit about a week. 

Went to the range and ran 100 B1s through it without issue. Sighted in and runs great 

Ordered Springco just because I put them in everything. 

1 hour ago, GotTheTshirt said:

Ammo - cheap Tula and Bullets 1st 147gr 

Received rifle, dismantled upper and cleaned with Shooters Lube. Oiled liberally with Shooters Lube and let sit about a week. 

Went to the range and ran 100 B1s through it without issue. Sighted in and runs great 

Ordered Springco just because I put them in everything. 

You're not putting that ammo into a 4" group at 500 yards.  Never happen.  Not with that ammo.

For $900, it didn't come with the G trigger, or the Sprinco spring.

Thanks for propping up PSA, though.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

You're not putting that ammo into a 4" group at 500 yards.  Never happen.  Not with that ammo.

For $900, it didn't come with the G trigger, or the Sprinco spring.

Thanks for propping up PSA, though.  :thumbup:

Correct, I added those. 

All I can say is that this thing seems to love cheap ammo.