• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from the garden state

Pete

When you compare it to other states it really is very restricted. I would imagine it would be brutal if someone moved here from a less restricted state where they were able to legally carry but if you live here long enough, it’s easy to understand why they put so many laws in place. I don’t know if it’s something in the water but as a whole, people seem to be a little more aggressive, temperamental and high strung for some reason compared to other states I have visited. 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

When you compare it to other states it really is very restricted. I would imagine it would be brutal if someone moved here from a less restricted state where they were able to legally carry but if you live here long enough, it’s easy to understand why they put so many laws in place. I don’t know if it’s something in the water but as a whole, people seem to be a little more aggressive, temperamental and high strung for some reason compared to other states I have visited. 

Everybody there - that leaves that state to come to others - tries to act like they're all "Jersey Shore" and Fakeass Mafia, IMHO. I've run into a bunch of "you people" outside of your state, and they all think they're Mafioso badasses.  It's the image that they think that they can take anywhere, and it doesn't always work out too well for them.  Big mouth, East-Coast center of uranus that "knows everything and always has a connection" doesn't always get them by, in the south west.  I've seen alot of those big-mouths take as ass-beating because of their mouth, and attitude. 

"Jersey Tough" doesn't mean that you're really tough, as alot of them have found out.  That Big Mouth can't talk you out of as ass-whippin'...

That's not against you, Pete - that's just aainst the assheads that migrate out of your state, to other states, and think that they can takethat fake-ass attitude with them and "make it the norm" where they go.  It doesn't always work out for them Big Mouth Jersey fuktards.

Trust me I totally understand and I really don’t know why it’s like that here. The sad part is i know i use to be one of them assholes too and just fell victim of being a product of my environment but the older I got i realized like wtf is wrong with me. I took a good long hard look in the mirror and didn’t like the person and knew i had to change. Now i live my life feeling blessed, happy, positive and constantly try to help others as i continue to grow everyday. There are way too many people here with maturity issues and a complete lack of respect for others. I can’t wait for the day I get to leave this state and never have to look back. I’m tired of shoveling snow, the cold weather and super high taxes.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

I can’t wait for the day I get to leave this state and never have to look back.

Once you get the chance to leave, man, just don't drag that Jersey Attitude with you.  Others that left before you never quite understood this, but the only place that bullshiit attitude is tolerated- is back in Jersey.  Nobody else puts up with that shiit...  Leave it back there, and thankfully, it sounds like you lost it already.  It only works there, nowhere else... 

I just left NJ four years ago and loved it after living in NYC.  I shot the State Championships run by John Donald at CJRPC,  visited Fort Dix range 14 and it was a lot of fun.  98V is a terrific person and valuable source of info,  if a little rough on the edges at times.  Welcome aboard and best of luck.

Shoot a high power match at CJRPC,  non member entry to the place.  This way you get to shoot,  they take exceptionally good care of beginners,  have loaner equipment from spotting scopes to rifles.  Also it's a good way to see the club since you will have access.  Range 14 was cool as well.  Since you are here in semi auto land I assume CJRPC is worth a shot.  It's the beginning of the season and you do not need to be a member,  you'll need to pay $5 more than a member but it's a terrific place to go to.  Check them out online.  If John is still running the competitions you'll find he is an exceptional gentleman,  just don't do anything stupid,  his demeanor cuts like a knife. @Pete