• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

question

desertdust

Nothing on their website is AR-10 compatible.  Only DPMS LR-308-based.  Here's every large-frame upper that they offer:

https://www.cbcindustries.com/collections/upper-assemblies/?filter_platform=ar-308-ar-10&query_type_platform=or

Just the simple fact that they advertise DPMS-based parts as "AR-10" has me leery of them - they're offering the parts to consumers, and they don't even know the difference?...

Yep - that is nowhere near "AR-10" as in it's description - it's description is bogus, and misleading.  It's based on a DPMS LR-308 pattern. 

If that company doesn't even know the difference, and falsely advertise it as that (either to get clicks, or through their own stupidity), then I'd just stay away from that company completely,and stick with a company that knows the differences, and doesn't mislead it's prospective customers.  Even if it costs a few more bucks.  Cheap is the name of the game for AR15s...   they all have the same pattern, and are rarely screwed up.  No so, with the .308AR world.  mis-match this or that, and your gun doesn't work.

Stick with reputable dealers and vendors, that accurately describe their parts, and know what they're doing.  They are more reliable when you have an issue with your gun. 

Edited by 98Z5V

being new to this, I question why they would  call it an AR10 , OR,   why it isn't an 
AR10?

if it uses 7.62 nato rounds, and fires  semi auto,    isn't that an AR10?

or  is "AR10"   one manufactures    protected name?

or is it splitting hairs?

not trying to argue with anyone,   

I see many ,many companies using the term AR10,   yet are they all trash, cause they use the  AR10 term?

my neighbors AR10 should be here in a few days , the armorer at the sheriffs dept  wants to  see it,

I value his opinion, as he maintains all the  AR15/M5, and  full auto  weapons  for the SO.

I was trying to  see if  this company  has a worth while product, but.... just cause they call it an AR10, 

well , you get my drift, 

in reading more, 

I see there are 2 platforms

AR10 and DPMS

I realize they are not  interchangeable, 

that was never my question,

my original question was  anyone have VALID experience or 1st hand knowledge  of  CBC ind,  products,  ?

but it seems  it got off track,

I came here for information,    education.  

well I did get an education, LOL

All AR10s are 308ARs but all 308ARs are not AR10s.  AR10 is an Armalite trademark as well as one of the general patterns for 308ARs.  We try to specify the difference since there are many parts that are not interchangeable.  We try to avoid having people buy the wrong parts.

@desertdust As far as your original question, it doesn't appear that anyone on the forum has used the brand.  It would be great, if you get one, for you to give a review of the product so that others could learn from you (or from your friend's gun).  That is how we all learn and can instruct others when they ask.

Don't take what 98Z5V posted personal, he has valid and very important points. The two platforms do have interchangeability issues and not using the correct terminology can really cause consumers some grief. 98, along with most members here will correct anyone using 'AR-10' as a general callout for these rifles because of the problems it can cause. We have several members here who are very well versed on these rifles and can probably solve just about any problem you run into, and 98 is one of the most knowledgeable people on the site for this platform.

THX!

98 is from AZ, so thats one of his problems! LOL ( I'm also from AZ-and love it! for over 20 yrs.)

I was not aware that the term "ar10"  was specfic,   I  thought like ar15, it was a  style of weapon,

now I'm wondering  if ar15  is correct ???

I did get an education , and I do appreciate  it,  

I didn't take offence  to anyones input,  as I hope  no one took offence to my lack of knowledge about  the .308 platform. 

I'll wait until my neighbors  build arrives,  and  have our armorer  see what he thinks,

not saying he is  an expert,  but  he, and I ,were in the military  when they used the 7.62  as duty weapon,

The difference is that the AR15 has military specifications based on the M16.  All manufacturers make them to the same specs.  Some are better than others. 

The AR10 was proposed to the military but was never formally adopted, so there is no "mil-spec" that was followed.  Each manufacturer can, and does, make modifications that they think improve the design or, in some cases, can keep people buying proprietary parts.

Again, please give a review of the product if you can.

I understand that is a complete upper which makes it a little less complicated,  but if you rush out and buy an AR10 lower for that "AR10" upper and you will figure it out fast....because it wont fit. 

If you bought a "AR10" stripped upper, and and tried to slap an actual AR10 barrel nut on there it wouldnt fit. 

A quad rail for an actual AR10 wont line up with this "AR10"

When building these big frame guns, nomenclature matters. 

So many guys hit on so many things already, I feel like this might be a wasted post.

Here''san AR-10 upper compared to a DPMS-based upper - you can obviously see that this isn't gonna work, when you try to smash it intoyour lower receiver.

You see the diference here in the upper receiver cuts?  Those same differences are in the lower receiver cuts.  This is AR-10 versus DPMS LR-308. The Armalite AR-10 is on top, DPMS LR-308 on bottom.

ar10-dpms-1.thumb.jpg.3aa3e90c352c5a20f69e98d7c6715e7e.jpg

Here's an Armalite AR-10 upper receiver, TRYING to be pinned to a DPMSLR-308 lower receiver...

armalite-dpms_1.jpg.23be8d1dee03e1558320dbd7fe3f8870.jpg

^^^  That right there is as close as you'll ever get, too.  You try to pin a DPMS-based Large Frame .308AR upper  to an Armalite AR-10 lower, and you're not even gonna get close to making that happen.

Nomenclature matters.  Product matters.  Pattern matters.  This isn't AR15 shiit, where everything is compatible.  It's NOT compatible, on the Large Frame .308AR side of the house.  You need to pick your parts wisely, and avoid stupid companies that don't even know the difference between the platforms.  If a company is selling DPMS-based parts, and all their website shiit says "AR-10" this and that - then they're fucking stupid.  They shouldn't even be in business in the first place, because they're dumbasses, and more importantly - YOU shouldn't buy shiit from them.  Who knows what garbarge you'll receive?! Oh, I know one thing, though - when you have an issue with your Franken-Gun from mish-mash parts from less-than-reputable vendors...  you'll be right HERE, on this board, asking questions about "why doesn't MY gun run right?!  It's an AR-10!!!!..." 

^^^ It's at that point that we have to try to figure out here - what YOU did with your parts - and we NEVER get a straight answer, until it gets ugly...  Once confronted about bullshiit parts, it gets ugly often, too. "Disbelief that I got Fucked" is the major outrage, but that outrage gets taken out on us, for telling the parts-bag owner that he has a shiit-gun.  Now, WE are the bad guys for defining the problem...  Go figure, yeah? Those guys can lick this.   :thefinger:

I hope, at this point, that you GET the point.  Buy your parts from a reputable vendor or manufacturer, and don't buy shiit-parts from the cheapest online place that you can find, that doesn't even know the fucking difference in the platforms in the least. "Budget Guns on .308AR" don't exist - all those budget gun out there have fucking problems.  The biggest "budget gun .308AR builder" out there is fucked up, and can't get their shiit straight, no matter how many times they're told what the direct issue is with a specific malfunction that all their guns have.

Just don't buy cheap shiit.  If you do, expect "cheap shiit" performance from it.  That is ALL YOU at that point.  Reap your rewards.

Oh, did I mention Rock River Arms?  That the THIRD platform.  That's the old Bushmaster BAR-10  -and it's different from DPMS LR-308 patterns, Armalite AR-10 patterns...  Yeah, this is fun - just stick to the proper terminology, or you'll only fuk yourself, in the long run.   

Edited by 98Z5V

passionate about  this aren't you? 

so basically , you get what  you pay for! 

but at this point, it seems  no one offers a quality 7.62 AR,  

unless you wanna spend upwards of $2000, then its a  crap shoot, 

at least thats  what I'm interpreting  from your  info you provided.

well ,Tom  already ordered the  lo cost  7.62 , semi auto, 

so well see , all the parts came from the same vendor,  and are supposed to  to be compatible.

our armorer  has agreed to assist in assembly, as he has over  50yrs  experience  in  assembly/ mods,/ upgrades  of 7.62.

he has a Daniels defense  7.62, and a Aero  precision  7.62,      I have no idea what platform they are, just that they shoot 7.62.

54 minutes ago, desertdust said:

passionate about  this aren't you? 

so basically , you get what  you pay for! 

but at this point, it seems  no one offers a quality 7.62 AR,  

unless you wanna spend upwards of $2000, then its a  crap shoot, 

at least thats  what I'm interpreting  from your  info you provided.

https://www.fulton-armory.com/FAR-308-Rifles.aspx

55 minutes ago, desertdust said:

well ,Tom  already ordered the  lo cost  7.62 , semi auto, 

so well see , all the parts came from the same vendor,  and are supposed to  to be compatible.

our armorer  has agreed to assist in assembly, as he has over  50yrs  experience  in  assembly/ mods,/ upgrades  of 7.62.

he has a Daniels defense  7.62, and a Aero  precision  7.62,      I have no idea what platform they are, just that they shoot 7.62.

You certainly won't lack for suitable sources of help if any is needed to get your build working. I can't wait to see the results!

2 hours ago, DNP said:

No...not really. You’ll know when he gets passionate about something. :lmao:

Side effects may include burning sensations in the eyes, ears, nose, throat, armpits, genitals, rectum, buttocks, kneecaps, and the soles of your feet. Reports of a temporary loss of a sense of dignity and self-respect have occasionally also arisen.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:23 PM, Matt.Cross said:

Side effects may include burning sensations in the eyes, ears, nose, throat, armpits, genitals, rectum, buttocks, kneecaps, and the soles of your feet. Reports of a temporary loss of a sense of dignity and self-respect have occasionally also arisen.

Yeah.......that's been known to happen around here.