• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

1903A3

AzRon

I adopted a Remington 1903A3 Friday, it was built late 1943 it appears to be almost original except for the milled trigger housing when it should have a stamped R marked housing, other than that I am very happy with it it joins my Smith Corona 03A3 and a Rock Island 03.

A9ktCQMl.jpg

W7uyrjgl.jpg

2H90KHfl.jpg

1 hour ago, AzRon said:

They are various inspectors stamps to show that it passed an inspection.

Does your 03A3 have a 2 groove rifling barrel or a 4 groove ?  I have seen one original 03A3 with a 2 groove barrel, don't remember if it is a Remington . I have what I found to be a 1943 build a Remington 03A3 that I "sporterized" as a gunsmith,/ armorers  school project in around 1961 it has a milled trigger guard also, and I rebarreled it with a Santa Fe Arms barrel I bought for $12.00 . I remember the receiver was as hard as a wedding prick and I had to buy a carbide bit and tap to mount the Weaver scope. I also got a Fagan Walnut stock blank  Glass bedded it with a floating barrel ( after 4 inches from the receiver) I originally left a barrel stock contact bump out at the front end of the stock, but sanded it off after it's first long range trial, I got a better hot barrel grouping after removing the bump and it now has a bent bolt handle and a Timney trigger with a custom safety.  It is Pretty much of a tack driver out to 500 yards and my go to .3006 since I gave my Garand M1 to my son.

Edited by mrmackc

On 3/8/2020 at 6:28 PM, mrmackc said:

Does your 03A3 have a 2 groove rifling barrel or a 4 groove ?  I have seen one original 03A3 with a 2 groove barrel, don't remember if it is a Remington . I have what I found to be a 1943 build a Remington 03A3 that I "sporterized" as a gunsmith,/ armorers  school project in around 1961 it has a milled trigger guard also, and I rebarreled it with a Santa Fe Arms barrel I bought for $12.00 . I remember the receiver was as hard as a wedding prick and I had to buy a carbide bit and tap to mount the Weaver scope. I also got a Fagan Walnut stock blank  Glass bedded it with a floating barrel ( after 4 inches from the receiver) I originally left a barrel stock contact bump out at the front end of the stock, but sanded it off after it's first long range trial, I got a better hot barrel grouping after removing the bump and it now has a bent bolt handle and a Timney trigger with a custom safety.  It is Pretty much of a tack driver out to 500 yards and my go to .3006 since I gave my Garand M1 to my son.

It's got a 4 groove barrel.