• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Mihandra Roxor

Sisco

I've been drooling over these for quite awhile. The story I've heard is that Mahindra has actually owned the rights to manufacture the Willys/Universal Jeep in India since approximately the 1970s and, once the patent/copyright/whatever expired on the early CJ5, they started cranking these out. However, Fascist...er...Fiat-Chrysler America put the kibosh on their importation of Roxors to the US for fear that a street-legal CJ5 copy would hurt their sales of Jeep Wranglers and/or infringe upon whatever rights they still have.

So... In exchange for Mahindra not submitting any Roxors for federal safety testing (and, therefore, selling them as "ATVs" or "UTVs" or "Side-by-Sides"), FCA agreed not to pursue any further legal action.

Having said that, as discussed in the article, it wouldn't take much to make one street legal. The biggest pain in the ass is going to be getting street-legal title issued so you can tag the thing.

If anyone here is in Oklahoma and wants to do this, I can provide the legal forms to take to the District Judge in your county to accomplish this. The filing fee (at the courthouse) is around $150.

Don't do it - research into that deeper before you seriously think about plunking down your hard-earned coin for one.  They're NOT street legal.  It's the same as buying a side-by-side UTV. With very, very few State exemptions, based on your state, you'll never, ever be able to get a license plate for those things. 

Before you think about dropping a dime on it - go to your local DMV/MDV - whatever your state calls it - and see if you can Street-Legal a Polaris RZR 1000 or a Can-Am X3.  If the answer from your DMV/MVD is "HELL NO!" - than you won't get that Mahindra Roxor legal, either. 

Edited by 98Z5V

I'm in AZ - and we can MC Plate just about anything, and everything.  Motorcycle Plate.  The state law here follows Motorcycle0Licensing laws. 

Daylight Street Legal Motorcycle Laws - on the books and legal.  This is a hand-signal state for turns.  In the daylight, you can hand-signal your turns.  All your motorcycle needs is a mirror, horn, and LIGHTED license plate light - for daylight, I need a lighted license plate light?!  Really?  That's the laws here.

For NIGHT TIME, Motorcycles MUST have turn signals.  Period.

Well, this state is pretty lax on what you can call a "motorcycle" here.  We can license UTVs (those Polaris RZRs, etc.) as
"motorcycles" and get real MC license plates for them, if you have a horn, mirror, and lighted license plate light - but those fuckers are only "daylight" legal.  Do people drive them at night, no turn signals?  Yeah, all the time.  Do people get stopped?  Not often, but once in awhile.  Do some people have turn signal kits installed?  Yep, but very few go that far.

AND, they're not legal on any highway in AZ.  Just city streets, rural roads, no state highways.  There are laws directly against operating them in certain parts of Phx and Tucson, on any city streets, too - but that get's blown off by law enforcement most of the time.

This isn't a "Cheap Jeep" that you're buying.  It doesn't meet any crash-testing requirements that a real car, truck, or Jeep has to meet, and that's the kicker on it.  It's sold as an offroad vehicle.  It's not street legal, almost no matter what you can do to it, in almost every state out there.  You just can't bring that thing to the crash-test standards that the Fed-Gov requires.  In some states, can you get away with it?  Maybe.  I've never, ever seen one here in AZ with MC plates on it, though, operating on public roads...

But, if you can street legal a UTV in your state - then you have a shot.  :thumbup:

Pretty much exactly the same here  but then I do not need one I have the real thing in spades 1969 CJ5 225 dauntless V6 stock 3 speed with splitter warn winch 8,000 lb and converted to flatbed runs like a champ 70,k original miles motor is balanced and blueprinted and I am running a 4 barrel Edelbrock on a home made manifold.....

DSC03523.JPG

DSC03519.JPG

DSC03518.JPG

6 hours ago, Magwa said:

Pretty much exactly the same here  but then I do not need one I have the real thing in spades 1969 CJ5 225 dauntless V6 stock 3 speed with splitter warn winch 8,000 lb and converted to flatbed runs like a champ 70,k original miles motor is balanced and blueprinted and I am running a 4 barrel Edelbrock on a home made manifold.....

DSC03523.JPG

DSC03519.JPG

DSC03518.JPG

Nice!

6 hours ago, Magwa said:

DSC03523.JPG

DSC03519.JPG

DSC03518.JPG

Is that what you're driving to the Fall shoot?