• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Reloading dies on sale at PSA

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, DNP said:

That almost qualifies for the rule....get all of them and tell us how it works out....

Lol, no! It does not qualify!🤣 I'm newish to reloading. I'm not shooting competition, only hunting etc. I thought ones I used way back when were full lenth set of dad's,  but after seeing multiple choice I'm lost.

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

The great part about the rule is that if somebody knows, and chimes in within 24 or 48 hours....let’s make it 24....then you’re off the hook. And you KNOW most of these guys know the answer. Now....will they tell you today, or tomorrow?

1 minute ago, DNP said:

The great part about the rule is that if somebody knows, and chimes in within 24 or 48 hours....let’s make it 24....then you’re off the hook. And you KNOW most of these guys know the answer. Now....will they tell you today, or tomorrow?

Lmao! That damn rule cost me $$$ for the Sightmark Wolfhound 308 prism optic.I'm pretty sure I skirted the criteria qualification requiring me to purchase all of them. My inquiry merely is that of seeking guidance from the gifted, expert members of the 308 family. 😜

On 8/22/2020 at 12:10 AM, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Lmao! That damn rule cost me $$$ for the Sightmark Wolfhound 308 prism optic.I'm pretty sure I skirted the criteria qualification requiring me to purchase all of them. My inquiry merely is that of seeking guidance from the gifted, expert members of the 308 family. 😜

You know you wanted that sight anyway.  You should be thanking me for calling you on the rule. :lmao:

3 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

If you're loading for an AR platform always go for the SB (small base) dies whenever possible!

Most of my die sets are Lee now. You can't beat the price and I really like their Factory Crimp Die for .223 and .308.

Ill be loading for the RPR bolt action & my Tavor 7 bullpup semi auto. I'd like to be able to use the reloads in either gun, so I'm assuming that'll require crimping?

4 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Ill be loading for the RPR bolt action & my Tavor 7 bullpup semi auto. I'd like to be able to use the reloads in either gun, so I'm assuming that'll require crimping?

I would agree with that assumption and anything going through a semiauto should be sized with small base dies also.

7 hours ago, 392heminut said:

If you're loading for an AR platform always go for the SB (small base) dies whenever possible!

Most of my die sets are Lee now. You can't beat the price and I really like their Factory Crimp Die for .223 and .308.

Truth on their crimp dies. Only ones I use now.

34 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Do the crimp dies effect accuracy at all?

Nope.  If anything, it makes them all uniformly as accurate as you loaded them.  Puts a uniform crimp on every round - as long as you pay attention to sizing them the same case length.  Even it they're a few thou off, in case length - the crimp puts consistent tension on the projectile.