• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Finally building a poly80 Glock

DayWalker

14 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

We just got ordered no time off from now until further notice. They are also considering 12 hour shifts from here on too. That on top of being in special operations I am now on call 100 percent of the time... yippee. I’m going to hurt someone

Damn, that sucks big time. Does that mean 7 days a week as well? Or just no extra days off? Either way that sucks big time. I keep toying with the idea of joining the local PD, it’s something I’ve thought about dating back to high school. Hearing stuff like that though, makes me wonder if I’d be crazy to do that in the present climate. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

We just got ordered no time off from now until further notice. They are also considering 12 hour shifts from here on too. That on top of being in special operations I am now on call 100 percent of the time... yippee. I’m going to hurt someone

I support your endeavor, more than you know, brother.  Go SMASH.  :bat:

You know full-well, motherfucker...   YOU could break a damn anvil, all by yourself, in the middle of a sand pit...  No other tools required...   :banana:

On 10/3/2020 at 6:25 PM, DNP said:

I went by glockstore...it’s a long walk from my office. I could hit their front door with a rock thrown from my off hand. 

Ok...left handed might be a little optimistic, but this side of the fence is my parking lot.  Right handed no problem. 

68177B6A-0285-4172-B527-F8176C716551.jpeg

I like your strong throwing-hand, brother.

How far away is that target guy from you.  I'm so fukd from the truck theft on targets, that I need more. I thought I was good previously,with 4 big IPSC steels- and i always was, in the past.  This year, I thought I'd be a baller, and move up 4 more, to 8 total.  truck theives stopped me from doing that.  At this point, I need 4 more, just to break even again, and I'll worry about more in the future, whenever that happens... Now...

Target dude still have the deal on those?  I'm in dire need of 4, and that's the minimum, considering my times...

I’m not walking to the target shop. I could, but carrying all that crap back would be a major pain in the ass. GlockStore is on the corner.  Cross the street to the east and then North. Head East about 7-800 feet and there’s the metal supply store. I did not see a deal posted, just the original price poster I threw out there before. Still need to call them. 

Edited by DNP

• 2 weeks later...

77160CD7-4BD2-4799-B5DF-86D7D545337B.thumb.jpeg.5784bbc781deb4a98cd86dc310b4a7da.jpeg

Got it put together today, had some odd issues with the striker binding in place. Took me a while to figure out what it was, cause it was binding in the forward position. Since it was bound, the trigger couldn’t reset causing the whole slide to bind on the close stroke, pretty odd. I think maybe the striker channel liner was slightly out of spec? I took the striker out multiple times and the issue kept happening. I finally jammed the channel liner tool in the slide and kind of wiggled it around, seeing if I could work out whatever the issue was. Maybe it was a chunk of crap in the channel? Not sure. Either way, got it resolved and it seems good to go now. 

Aim surplus slide in “Sniper Gray”, comes with RMR cut and the cover plate for right around $200. Hard to beat that. Barrel is by Spinta Precision, big shout out to @MikedaddyH for putting me onto both. Mostly OEM internals I got thru KMTactical. Still need to put sights on it, and will probably transfer my Holosun red dot to it. I’d love to go function test it, but I don’t really have a spot to, short of just driving out of town and shooting into a hill side. 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

That light/laser combo - OLight just put it on sale today, until they run out, for $77.  Grab another one, brother! 

Good lookin out brother, I might have to grab a 2nd. That’s a good price too, I think I paid just under a 100 for that one. I’ve heard mixed reviews from some people on OLights, but mine has held up well, it’s bright as shitt too. 

5 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Good lookin out brother, I might have to grab a 2nd. That’s a good price too, I think I paid just under a 100 for that one. I’ve heard mixed reviews from some people on OLights, but mine has held up well, it’s bright as shitt too. 

I haven't had a single OLight disappoint me yet, and I have a PILE of these bastards.  They impressed me.  I just got bike lights the other day - MTB shiit - and they're badass. 

These guys know what they're doing - and they're killing the over-priced light crowd.  I've replaced 2 SureFire mil-issued weapons lights with OLight Odin weapons lights.  It's just technology, and all the "old guys" in the light-crowd just aren't keeping up.  OLight is kicking their asses, completely.

There's still nothing on the planet that can fuk with a SureFire HellFighter, though... 

For everything else, I'm going OLight.  Just wait, brother - for the OLight Laser Light to come out.  It's coming... I fucked with one of them last January, as a prototype, and it's badass...    :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Hope I am not high jacking this thread.

Here is my Faux 22; Rock Slide upper in black, Lone Wolf SS barrel, thread protector from Down Range Products. Polymer 80 frame in Cobalt, Lone Wolf LPK, polished and tuned all the internals. May be while before I get it to the range, supposed to snow till mid next week. 

IMG_2582.JPG

Edited by shrade
added info

16 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

For those who have need of a reasonably priced LPK, these are available as of now.

https://www.righttobear.com/Polymer-80-Pistol-Lower-parts-Kit-LPK-p/p80-pfp-fkit.htm?Click=64422

Thanks for the heads up Doc. I still have a couple of those P80 kits that I got from Robo a couple years back to finally get around to putting together.

9 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Thanks for the heads up Doc. I still have a couple of those P80 kits that I got from Robo a couple years back to finally get around to putting together.

Ron you should check out Sovereign Guns/Rockslide USA. They are a day trip from you . Parts will come back into stock soon.

• 3 weeks later...