• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Guy From Houston

TheEstimator

Sorry should have started out here.

I'm a  small business owner in the Houston area.  I don't have a background in the military or guns other an I owned a small gun store that sold.  I still get calls from people from time to time since I cannot seem to get Gunbroker to delete my information.  

I do have a background in mechanical engineering and have built my business using that background.  I have written some proprietary software that helps predict in real time the cost of large scale construction projects.  You can look us up at Industrial Estimates and Controls in Baytown, Texas (ind-ec.com)

I am also the owner of Indo Farms in Tulsa.  https://indo-farms.com/  We are currently in an expansion stage upgrading our facility in Tulsa as well as building a new one.  We hope to be in Texas before the end of next year as well.

I joined up here because I'm building my first ar-308 from the ground up.  I own a gen 1 POF 308 piston gun and love it.  It has a 20" barrel and I'm able to get 1 MOA groups using my own loads.  They are 168 grn Sierra MK HPBT with 43 Grn IMR 4895.

I have a ghost gunner 2 and recently ordered a new gg3 and plan to use that on the project.

I don't know that I will have a lot to offer, but I do hope to learn a lot.