• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Turkey Dinner Anyone?

Cliff R

With turkey season coming up soon the turkeys this year decided to make it easy.  A jake and hen showed up yesterday while I was feeding the chickens.  They were just outside the fence.  I walked over slowly and poured a big scoop of food thru the fence and they came over and started eating.

This morning they are INSIDE the fence waiting for their breakfast!

Just goes to show you, whether it be humans or birds, IF you provide them a free meal and place to stay they are quite likely to take FULL advantage of it!.....LOL.....

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

6 hours ago, Cliff R said:

whether it be humans or birds, IF you provide them a free meal and place to stay they are quite likely to take FULL advantage of it!

Very cool! My Dad used to have them walk through his front yard eating by the dozens, except of course during hunting season.

Something about that analogy is a little disconcerting, is the end game the same for all?

I do love some turkey...........

Disconcerting is being kind.  I'm fine with the turkeys hanging around as long as they want to, but rest assured if you show up here with prison quality tattoos clear up into your neck and face and a tear drop tattoo under one eye looking for a "hand-out" you came to the WRONG place!.........LOL....

Edited by Cliff R

Yes, they are not INSIDE my "run" and spent most of the day out free-ranging in the woods with the chickens.  Pretty cool, now I have a pair of turkeys to feed.  I don't really mind at all.  I'm raising a 41 year old son, a 6 year old grand daughter, and just got custody of my 4 year old grandson last week..........the last 2 pics are Elena, got to keep this gun related ya know........I start them early here!......

IMG_2654.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_4801.JPG

Edited by Cliff R

Amen brother.  I don't "spoil" my grandkids, they are actually helping Deb clean up the house as I type this.  There will NEVER be a "face in the cell phone or X-Box all day long" thing going on with either of the two I'm raising.  Elena raises rabbits and sells them to Rural King.  She names them and carries them to the service desk to fill out her voucher every 6 weeks or so.  She also raises chickens and sells the eggs.  Last year she netted over $500 selling rabbits and couple of hundred for eggs, and she's only 6 years old.  She has over $1800 cash in the gun safe last time I looked!  We spend a LOT of time outdoors, walking up on deer, turkeys, cutting firewood, and some groundhog hunting.  No "free lunches" here for sure but believe me my grandkids want for nothing....Deb says I'm a big "softy" when it comes to them.........did I mention she's a pretty good cook too!....

IMG_4911.JPG

IMG_4685.JPG

IMG_1713.jpg

On 3/27/2021 at 4:21 AM, Cliff R said:

Thanks.  LONG story, but short version is that after a 3 year Court battle we now have FULL custody of Mason!  I'm raising two grandkids now, having a blast doing it too......

Been there and done that! We got two granddaughters when they were 4 & 5 and they had some serious problems. It all came out years later and their stepdad was the cause (you can pretty well guess what happened). I turned everything over to Maricopa County Sheriffs Dept. (Arizona) but it ended up going nowhere. The girls were a blessing but I will be a scourge on their stepfather if I ever come across him!

On 4/4/2021 at 11:07 AM, 392heminut said:

I turned everything over to Maricopa County Sheriffs Dept. (Arizona) but it ended up going nowhere.

I fought the shiit out of the crooked, totally corrupt Maricopa County DCS, for my grand daughter - and those crooked, corrupt fuks gave her to the millionaire bullshiit people that were trying to adopt her.  Money won.  The judge tried to do the right thing, when I got involved, but I guess the money got to him eventually, too. 

I'm glad to see people winning against the system, even though I couldn't beat the corruption here. 

You've done well, Cliff.  Any you, Larry.  :hail:

Thanks.  It was a long and hard fought battle.

Three years, two attorneys, one private investigator and an amazing Guardian ad Litem and we now have full custody. 

The system is so screwed up and corrupt it would take many pages to describe what we went thru.  My best advice to anyone caught up in one of these battles is to hire a good attorney and private investigator......and be patient. 

The Sheriff, Children's Services, the Judge and EVERYONE else involved is going to side with the mother first couple of go-rounds.  That's just the way it is even if she's totally dysfunctional, lying anytime her mouth is moving and not doing anything that's she's supposed to in the relationship and for the child/children.  No matter how many times you get kicked in the nuts stand your ground and for gods sake when you testify tell the truth.  It takes a few go-rounds but eventually things sort themselves out and you can prevail.........FWIW......

IMG_1550.jpg

Sorry you had to go through all that Cliff but it is definitely worth it! We were lucky, mom went off with some guy and abandoned the girls with their stepfather. Their dad went to Arizona and got custody of them but brought them back to a home that wasn't much better. He had a druggie wife that was verbally and to a lesser extent physically abusive to the girls. The drugs were more important to him than the girls and he pretty much just dropped them off with us and that was it. We did end up having an attorney draw up papers giving us custody, which he had no problem signing. Filed them with the county court clerk and done!

I thank God that there are a lot of these kids who have grandparents who care enough to do what we did! I was really hoping Tom would prevail with his granddaughter and hate that it didn't work out.

7 hours ago, Cliff R said:

Thanks.  It was a long and hard fought battle.

Three years, two attorneys, one private investigator and an amazing Guardian ad Litem and we now have full custody. 

The system is so screwed up and corrupt it would take many pages to describe what we went thru.  My best advice to anyone caught up in one of these battles is to hire a good attorney and private investigator......and be patient. 

The Sheriff, Children's Services, the Judge and EVERYONE else involved is going to side with the mother first couple of go-rounds.  That's just the way it is even if she's totally dysfunctional, lying anytime her mouth is moving and not doing anything that's she's supposed to in the relationship and for the child/children.  No matter how many times you get kicked in the nuts stand your ground and for gods sake when you testify tell the truth.  It takes a few go-rounds but eventually things sort themselves out and you can prevail.........FWIW......

IMG_1550.jpg

Thank God and especially for the kids! My parents did it for a sibling of mine sons and they have both turned out great. Can’t say enough good things about what you are doing.

10 hours ago, 392heminut said:

I thank God that there are a lot of these kids who have grandparents who care enough to do what we did! I was really hoping Tom would prevail with his granddaughter and hate that it didn't work out.

It sucks what I went through, with all the lies and bullshiit with DCS here.  They're corrupt as fuk.  They'll do anything for money, and they proved it in court.  Sucks for sure, and she'll be 4 this coming August.  I have a Crickett Precision Rifle that she'd be fitting into about that time.  :thumbup:

Fuk AZ DCS, and especially Maricopa County DCS.  I hope one day that their corruption is blown wide open.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:47 PM, 98Z5V said:

It sucks what I went through, with all the lies and bullshiit with DCS here.  They're corrupt as fuk.  They'll do anything for money, and they proved it in court.  Sucks for sure, and she'll be 4 this coming August.  I have a Crickett Precision Rifle that she'd be fitting into about that time.  :thumbup:

Fuk AZ DCS, and especially Maricopa County DCS.  I hope one day that their corruption is blown wide open.

All Child protective custody  DCS ad the other state organizations are cut from the same sorry cloth.  They are all educated with the same Marxist Bull Schidt manuals.

Those useless fuk-tards at Family Services even told the Judge that they actually came to my house and interviewed us.  They never ONCE even stepped foot on my property, I have video surveillance and guess what, NOTHING on it the day they said they were here, imagine that? 

So I paid them a visit and talked to the head of the whole damned place. 

I told him that no one from their organization had ever been to my house and talked to anybody.  I jumped up and down on a few more desks while I was on a roll including talking to the head of the LE agency that took my daughter in laws sworn statement about the beating she took 2 years ago that led up to getting a Protection Order.

I asked them if they checked her criminal history?  No, they replied, we are only interested in the safety of the persons directly affected and want to protect them from potential violence. GOOD ANSWER, but what about being a little more "timely" with these things I replied?  Doesn't matter they said, IF she feels that she's in danger we act on it promptly.

Well that's just fine and dandy I said, because IF you would have ran a Criminal Background Check on her useless drug addicted ars you would have found that while she was standing here swearing out a report that there was an active Bench Warrant for her arrest out of another County, and she had been convicted of Falsification twice, plus lying to a Police Officer to avoid a citation, assault and battery (reduced to DOC w/persisting), two OMVI's and multiple moving violations with a couple of accidents.

They told me it DID NOT MATTER and looked at me like I was from another planet. 

I told the HMFIC in charge that you need to CHANGE YOUR PROTOCOL with this chit and at a minimum do a quick background check on these folks who come in here lying their asses off to get their old man locked up and take the kids away from them without ONE SHRED of evidence that any sort of altercation ever happened in the first place.

Yep, spoken words can get you a LOT of ground with that sort of thing, but in the end they just basically told me to sit the fuk down and shut the fuk up because it's ALL about the safety of the person filing the report and they have to take it seriously.

So yes, some HUGE flaws in the system and they really don't give a chit about fixing any of it.......FWIW.....

PS:  one good thing did happen out of my trip to town that day, the gal that said she came out here and filed a report that she interviewed us was promptly "let-go" after my visit........sorry for the rant guys and not being shooting related, but pretty important stuff IF you ever get caught up in this sort of thing.....

Happens too damn much everywhere. A lot of child protection workers seems to be hell bent to justify the necessity of their job and anything that remotely supports it. Sad for whatever good they do they pull stuff like this. Needs a major reworking.

Edited by Sisco

It is awesome to read stories like this Kids being raised the right way by their elders, that is the way it is supposed to be so many young folks get married and have kids and they have no idea what they are doing or are so wrapped up in their own world they neglect them Bravo and a tip of my hat to you Cliff..... well done.