• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR10 value OPINION

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

I think you're correct. As long as the scope isn't blown out or fucked up, it will be worth  getting the combo

You said it's a Trijicon. It'll be ok. They make pretty stout stuff. You could spike my ACOG that I have on a 10 carbine like a football, and that thing would keep working.

This is actually a pretty sweet deal that you've stumbled across brother. Like I said earlier, I'd pounce on that for sure. Hell, these days, that price is good just for the rifle. You add in the optic.....it just pumps up the value of the deal. And don't underestimate the mags that your friend is gonna get to you. The 10B mags are solid. Hell, I've got those things piled up ass high to a 6 foot Indian (no offense intended Magwa :lmao:). I've never had an issue with ANY of my 20 rounders. They just work.

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

You said it's a Trijicon. It'll be ok. They make pretty stout stuff. You could spike my ACOG that I have on a 10 carbine like a football, and that thing would keep working.

This is actually a pretty sweet deal that you've stumbled across brother. Like I said earlier, I'd pounce on that for sure. Hell, these days, that price is good just for the rifle. You add in the optic.....it just pumps up the value of the deal. And don't underestimate the mags that your friend is gonna get to you. The 10B mags are solid. Hell, I've got those things piled up ass high to a 6 foot Indian (no offense intended Magwa :lmao:). I've never had an issue with ANY of my 20 rounders. They just work.

Thanks for the reassuring information. 

7 hours ago, Rsquared said:

none Taken LOL

Deal sounds OK, but it's always a crap-shoot with used optics, even the good stuff.  I try not to factor that in when making a used rifle purchase even if the optics have warranties that may extend beyond the original purchaser.

The 20" "heavy" barrel isn't a good option unless you are going to do all your shooting from a tripod or shooting bench with some sand bags or a good rifle rest.

The first 308-AR I built had a relatively heavy 18" barrel, nearly full length hand guard, plus a pretty heavy scope, and I absolutely HATED it.  Way too front heavy and poor balance.  Fine on range days from the shooting bench but not something fun to carry or hunt big game with.

That purchase/build was actually a good thing for me because I was prompted to build a much lighter rifle with lighter optics and paid close attention to final weight and balance.  Ended up with a 14.7" light profile barrel and even with an A2 stock it only comes across the scales at 10 pounds, but "feels" 10 pounds lighter than the 18" heavy barreled rifle it replaced.  Remarkably they accuracy between those rifles is about the same, but the 14.7" does start to "open" up the groups more after 3rd and 4th round, which is meaningless since I use it for a hunting rifle not target or really long range stuff.......

IMG_3415.JPG

4 hours ago, Cliff R said:

Deal sounds OK, but it's always a crap-shoot with used optics, even the good stuff.  I try not to factor that in when making a used rifle purchase even if the optics have warranties that may extend beyond the original purchaser.

The 20" "heavy" barrel isn't a good option unless you are going to do all your shooting from a tripod or shooting bench with some sand bags or a good rifle rest.

The first 308-AR I built had a relatively heavy 18" barrel, nearly full length hand guard, plus a pretty heavy scope, and I absolutely HATED it.  Way too front heavy and poor balance.  Fine on range days from the shooting bench but not something fun to carry or hunt big game with.

That purchase/build was actually a good thing for me because I was prompted to build a much lighter rifle with lighter optics and paid close attention to final weight and balance.  Ended up with a 14.7" light profile barrel and even with an A2 stock it only comes across the scales at 10 pounds, but "feels" 10 pounds lighter than the 18" heavy barreled rifle it replaced.  Remarkably they accuracy between those rifles is about the same, but the 14.7" does start to "open" up the groups more after 3rd and 4th round, which is meaningless since I use it for a hunting rifle not target or really long range stuff.......

IMG_3415.JPG

Thanks @Cliff R , good points about weight to consider. 

BUY THIS THING ALREADY!!!   For that optic, it's like getting a free rifle to go WITH it! 

Call in sick tomorrow, brother...  for fuks sake.  I'll bet it's not there anymore.  The 10T was the "Target model."  It won't fuk you over.  MSRP on the damn scope is $1,399~$1,599, depending on what reticle it's got...

:bitchslap:

Edited by 98Z5V

5 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

BUY THIS THING ALREADY!!!   For that optic, it's like getting a free rifle to go WITH it! 

Call in sick tomorrow, brother...  for fuks sake.  I'll bet it's not there anymore.  The 10T was the "Target model."  It won't fuk you over.  MSRP on the damn scope is $1,399~$1,599, depending on what reticle it's got...

:bitchslap:

I'm going to try today.