• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New build

LR308Shootin@45

Hello all, 
I thought I would share this new build that I just got done with. So far got almost 500 rds through it, about 100 on the new Aero Precision BCG that I just got for it. So far it has been running like a champ. I thank all the advice that I have gotten on this forum for building and tuning the AR308 rifle. 

Here is the parts list
Aero M5 Upper 
Aero M5 lower
Aero M5 Enhanced buffer kit with Armalite buffer spring and 5.4 oz buffer
Aero M5 lower parts kit, minus FCG 
Aero Nickle Boron BCG
Larue Tactical MBT Flat trigger 2-stage
Radian Ambi-safety 
BA Modern Series 16" 308 Winchester barrel/Aero Precision .750 gas block and Aero Melonite gas tube Mid-length 
M-Lok 15" Handguard that I had laying around that was sent to me by mistake for a AR15 build, so I kept it. Lucky it was high profile to fit the Aero upper receiver
Magpul K2 Grip
Magpul ACS butt stock 
Tippmann Arms BUIS (Just trying them out to see if the hold zero) looking at a Holosun 507 offset or Magpul 45 degree offset sights for it after the new scope install
Sig Sauer MRS Romeo red dot, wanting the SwampFox 1-10 Arrowhead scope for it. Here soon. 

Magazines- 1-25 round, 2-20 round, 1-10 round Magpul magazines. Now anyone have any suggestions on metal GI style magazines that will work in this rifle, all I can find in my location is Magpul? 

IMG_20210731_114334_589.jpg

6 hours ago, LR308Shootin@45 said:

Magazines- 1-25 round, 2-20 round, 1-10 round Magpul magazines. Now anyone have any suggestions on metal GI style magazines that will work in this rifle, all I can find in my location is Magpul? 

Lancer makes a hell of a good mag, not all metal but is where it counts.

https://lancer-systems.com/product-category/magazines/l7awm/

Edited by jtallen83
clarity

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought about 6.5 Creedmore, but I just wanted something with less weight than the Lr308 platform but could still deliver the stopping power needed for Indiana deer. I trucked around that Lr308 build in the pic one day on a 25-mile hike and I am no small guy and can lift some weight but even with sling and with 2 full 10 round magazines, it was lighter after we got to our spot to shoot that day, and we weren't hunting just doing some long-range shooting that day, but the hike to get back to the range was like I stated 25-miles there and that back to the truck. I am not also getting any younger as well, lol. So just recently the same buddy and I took out our new 6.5 Grendel rifles and did the same shooting and I would have to say I am highly impressed with the round. 
I will admit that someday in the future a Lr308 will be built, but this time it will have the 18" barrel with the rifle gas system and have the other items that I've always wanted, but this time I might go with a custom built 308 bolt action rifles instead.