• Visit Sportsmans Guide

MIL/LEO Members

imschur

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know - again, right?...  <lmao>

I'm trying to control it, but the combination of my Severe AD/HD and Natural Immaturity kinda make for a heinous handicap to try to overcome...  :o 

I swear, I'm working on it...    <thumbsup>  <laughs>

You can reduce my pay, if necessary - I understand.  <munch>

Sorry, brother - that is not quite the same.  Working for the Army as a DA Civ isn't being in the Army.  That's part of the team, yes.  It's not Military.  GS's have their role, and they're needed, but they're not Soldiers.

Don't take offense.

New to the board.  Active duty Air Force Major.  Enlisted into the Navy in '92 as a Hornet Avionics Tech, crossed over to the Air Force as a Viper Crew Chief in 2000 and got my commission '02.  Went to pilot training and ended up flying the mighty Hercules (hence the tag).  Eventually transferred to Vegas and now fly something a bit different as an operational test pilot.  Among my firearms collection is a DPMS LR308 (corrected) with 24" Bull barrel and a single-stage (1.5 lb) match trigger.  I also reload a number of different cartridges, which is the only way I can afford to shoot as much as I do.  Looking forward to chatting with you all and picking up some of the collective insight here.

DPMS LR-308, brother - not AR-10.  That's only Armalite.  Terminology thing.  Like Drew said recently, "think Ford Corvette..."

By the way - that's my very favorite plane to jump out of.  Tailgates are the sheeeiiit!  <thumbsup>

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I've been off for awhile. All hips are now bionic, and working a new gig in the department. Since '82 I have been Army MP for 6 years, and then into Law Enforcement with the Sheriff's Office, here in Ohio. I do not plan on retiring, I'm only 48 and feel like the best years are coming up. I may change my mind in another 10 years, but I love interaction (good ones) with the public. Especially if I can make an impact on our future adults.

Be safe.  Mike