• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

7.62 NATO ammunition By 308 chambered rifle

johnnyftalbott

• 2 months later...

It's Cristmas Eve, and I'm feeling Grinch-ish.  Let's get this moved out of this section, that is for information, and get this guy's QUESTION moved to the build section, of something - it doesn't belong here, in this section.  

On 12/24/2021 at 7:13 PM, 98Z5V said:

It's Cristmas Eve, and I'm feeling Grinch-ish.  Let's get this moved out of this section, that is for information, and get this guy's QUESTION moved to the build section, of something - it doesn't belong here, in this section.  

It's now in General Discussion.

4 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

I moved all the threads marked by the "Grinch". I'll clear up the rest on my non-holiday time.

:lmao:  Sorry to create so much work for you, brother!...   :box1:  I read that section for something, and found so much bullshiit in there, I snapped.  Again.  :laffs:

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 11:47 AM, DustBuster said:

The white box Winchester stuff... usually cheaper (20-23$) maybe it says BALL.... I might try some of that in future if only to get brass.  My Barrel is labeled .308 Win and I think the company says it can shoot either .308 or 7.62.

Yep, I found the 149 grain Winchester white box  7.62 by 51 through the whole pandemic,, a life saver for me, and it functions fine and shoots decent,, "Little Miss Wilson" likes the Federal 149 ball a little better, and she loves that Federal 150 gr hunting load the best of anything,, at least one 5/8" group at 140 yards...

Almost all modern sporting rifle barrels shoot both .308/7.62 as your barrel company stated..

Edited by billymagg